Very early, very non-concrete nugget: the Jets have had talks about moving to Queens.

44 minutes ago, Trotter said:

selfishly i prefer they stay in nj.

i get the whole lets have our own stadium and a part of me would want that but it is simply not high on my personal list.

the reality though is Woody is a billionaire and they typically do not spend their own money - hence remaining and growing your billionaire status. There are exceptions but for the most part that is the case.

Since Woody bought the Jets you can prob count the winning seasons on one hand yet the value of the franchise has at least tripled.

So unless he finds a way to get the state to pay the whole boat - why in the world would he leave? He is beyond printing money at this point. 

I have great seats here and it is really convenient for me.  So I hope they hang around the swamp.  But I get it.  And if I still lived in Queens or LI, I'd be pounding the table.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

I have great seats here and it is really convenient for me.  So I hope they hang around the swamp.  But I get it.  And if I still lived in Queens or LI, I'd be pounding the table.  

me as well - but i would understand it as well.

thing is I dont sweat it cause while billionaires are typically stupid, they are brilliant when it comes to figuring out how to remain billionaires.

On 7/1/2024 at 9:12 AM, Rich Thornburgh said:

I wish what you were saying was even remotely true.  NYC has a $1.2 trillion GDP and is the most expensive city in the entire western hemisphere by far

Now tell us more tall tales about the decline of western civilization 

When you talk GDP you are talking about private industry, and yes NYC is extrememly expensive to live, It is also extremely expensive to BUILD! Due to over taxing, over regulation, and all the other outrageously expensive things like RE and Labor and transportation costs. But the government that you would want to pay for this massive landfill is still broke!!!

1 hour ago, 20andOut said:

When you talk GDP you are talking about private industry, and yes NYC is extrememly expensive to live, It is also extremely expensive to BUILD! Due to over taxing, over regulation, and all the other outrageously expensive things like RE and Labor and transportation costs. But the government that you would want to pay for this massive landfill is still broke!!!

Well that’s why we have publicly funded construction of sports stadiums like Yankee stadium and Citifield.  To help the crybaby billionaire owners who then get to keep all the profits after we pay for their stadiums

• Upvote 1

Without getting into anything political, regulation agencies (looking at you NJSEA) got decently smacked recently by the Supreme Court.  The Jets are going to have more leverage for some of their asks (renovations, grass field, etc.)

Will be interesting to watch this all continue to unfold.  Let me reiterate, I think the Jets will, ultimately, stay…but I do think they will get some, if not all, of their asks out of the threat of leaving.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Dcat said:

It's just funny to hear people who say getting to East Rutherford is "inconvenient" or a "nightmare" demand a stadium in ******* Queens. lol

8 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

It's just funny to hear people who say getting to East Rutherford is "inconvenient" or a "nightmare" demand a stadium in ******* Queens. lol

Having lived in Queens, Nassau, Suffolk and NJ, NYC traffic is a million times worse than NJ. I grew up 2 miles from Shea Stadium.  Queens/LI traffic is more intense and a nightmare.

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Having lived in Queens, Nassau, Suffolk and NJ, NYC traffic is a million times worse than NJ. I grew up 2 miles from Shea Stadium.  Queens/LI traffic is more intense and a nightmare.

I've lived on both sides of Manhattan as well and completely disagree. The problem are the choke points like the GWB and what they do to the Harlem River Drive, Cross Bronx, etc. And that will only get worse when they finally install congestion pricing in Manhattan, pushing even more "thru" traffic through GW and Verrazano. (It's paused "indefinitely" but it's 100 percent going to happen in the next few years).

So if comes down to your starting point and what is most convenient to YOU specifically. Which is always the driver of these useless threads. 

The point is moot. Woody had his chance and his "dream team" blew it. The team is never moving back to NY under his stewardship. 

5 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

I've lived on both sides of Manhattan as well and completely disagree. The problem are the choke points like the GWB and what they do to the Harlem River Drive, Cross Bronx, etc. And that will only get worse when they finally install congestion pricing in Manhattan, pushing even more "thru" traffic through GW and Verrazano. (It's paused "indefinitely" but it's 100 percent going to happen in the next few years).

So if comes down to your starting point and what is most convenient to YOU specifically. Which is always the driver of these useless threads. 

The point is moot. Woody had his chance and his "dream team" blew it. The team is never moving back to NY under his stewardship. 

The Harlem River and Cross Bronx are also, themselves, problems.  For me, the worst choke point in NJ is the i-95 exit onto 495 heading to the Lincoln Tunnel.  Soul crushing. 

But the one thing the current location has correct is that it's surrounded by multiple major highway arteries.  The issues getting in and out have way more to do with the dummies who control the traffic patterns heading into the parking lot than they do with the location.

I'm fine with the Jets in NJ for many reasons.  The Jets have now been in NJ twice as long as they were in NY.  The whole argument about where the fanbase is "rooted" is silly at this point.

• Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, Trotter said:

selfishly i prefer they stay in nj.

i get the whole lets have our own stadium and a part of me would want that but it is simply not high on my personal list.

the reality though is Woody is a billionaire and they typically do not spend their own money - hence remaining and growing your billionaire status. There are exceptions but for the most part that is the case.

Since Woody bought the Jets you can prob count the winning seasons on one hand yet the value of the franchise has at least tripled.

So unless he finds a way to get the state to pay the whole boat - why in the world would he leave? He is beyond printing money at this point. 

Just get Hochuls husband the vending deal and she’ll write the check 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Agree 100%.  Convenient for me where I live now.  Flushing Meadow was convenient for me where I grew up.  If I still lived there or on the Island, I'd want them to move back.  And when I say NJ is nowhere near as bad traffic  (compared to LIE/VanWyck/GCP/XBnx/and any highway in Manhattan night or day), I guess my comp was unfair because I was including only traffic within NJ, excluding the horror of  commuting across the Hudson. That is every bit as bad as NYC.  Did it for a few years.  Train/Bus or pass for me most of the time.

Queens would personally be better for me. But I see no prob with MetLife. It's adjustable for both teams and with only 8 or 9 home games per team why does each team have to have their own personal stadium. It makes total sense for both teams to share a stadium. And MetLife is ok it's modern has a train station etc. 

4 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Queens would personally be better for me. But I see no prob with MetLife. It's adjustable for both teams and with only 8 or 9 home games per team why does each team have to have their own personal stadium. It makes total sense for both teams to share a stadium. And MetLife is ok it's modern has a train station etc. 

damn thing is ugly as sin on the outside, maybe the ugliest stadium in the NFL...  but once I'm inside, I'm good. 

On 7/3/2024 at 9:29 AM, Dcat said:

Agree 100%.  Convenient for me where I live now.  Flushing Meadow was convenient for me where I grew up.  If I still lived there or on the Island, I'd want them to move back.  And when I say NJ is nowhere near as bad traffic  (compared to LIE/VanWyck/GCP/XBnx/and any highway in Manhattan night or day), I guess my comp was unfair because I was including only traffic within NJ, excluding the horror of  commuting across the Hudson. That is every bit as bad as NYC.  Did it for a few years.  Train/Bus or pass for me most of the time.

What’s that bar that jets and giants fans go to at the PABT to get “to go beers” before they get on the bus to go to the swamp?  McAnn’s?