Very early, very non-concrete nugget: the Jets have had talks about moving to Queens.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This video shows what a cesspool the internet can be. Every 20 yo with an iPad and a dream can play newsman now. A bunch of no nothings feeding off one another’s comments and spinning nonsensical narratives with no basis in fact.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Yeah someone sent this to me. He used your screen print and didn't credit anything here. We are reaching out to him, that isn't cool.

Boy, that kid is gonna be in trouble when his mom finds out about this! She’s probably going to make him stay off his computer for a week.

• Haha 2

What difference does that make? ITime to come home….. I hope someone creates a Hudson river ferry that connects your boonton to queens …. You know … so you can visit the queens jets

I'll answer my own question for those that don't know.

The Jets played on Long Island for 20 years (25 if you include the Titan years)

40 years in NJ.

Plus Florham Park is still sparkling .. it's a beautiful practice facility and headquarters.

It would be great for the team to have it's own stadium ... That we can agree on .... And a West Side , Manhattan Stadium would have been amazing. The nefarious way that deal died was maddening.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

The jets having their own stadium would be nice and back home in ny even better.

thus from a jersey guy 25 minutes from the meadiwlands

but until they address the money, I just don’t see it and as others have pointed out, where is the practice facility going?

we sometimes forget about fp 

from what I have read if this ever did happen, it is shared with soccer. Niw I know zoo about soccer but based on schedules who has priority?

are they back to the days at shea where the home opener was week 3 because of the tennis us open?

I don’t think they go anywhere since woody aint funding this in his own and the city/state - good luck

lets see how it plays out 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Dcat said:

we park in K.  5 minute walk from stadium. 5 minutes or less to get to rte 3 West past the Giants ugly building. Anyone who needs route 3 (East or West, doesn't matter) knows that you park in G, J, K and exit that way.

Yeah but route 3 is normally a parking lot especially if you have to use it to get to the turnpike or route 17

I’m so glad I no longer live in jersey what a miserable place

• Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Congratulations Moggz! Your dream has come true. It appears you became a sauce today.

GIF by Our Second Nature

Alrighty, even I can chuckle at this 😅…(why does that sauce look like salsa?)

• Haha 1

Yeah but route 3 is normally a parking lot especially if you have to use it to get to the turnpike or route 17

I have houses in a couple places ... my N Jersey place is my favorite. 17 does suck on terms of traffic ... But nothing like the LA traffic I used to deal with.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

This video shows what a cesspool the internet can be. Every 20 yo with an iPad and a dream can play newsman now. A bunch of no nothings feeding off one another’s comments and spinning nonsensical narratives with no basis in fact.

Someone quoted this ******* thread in a piece of YouTube journalism.  hahahah.  This is like a "BoyGreen" article quoting himself.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

cant speak to 3 east but 3 west is backed up less than 1/8 mile. Once you play frogger to get to the left lane - clear sailing.

Ther biggest issue and honestly it is not an issue at all is you drop to a single lane exiting the facility to get on 3 west. maybe 3 minutes to do so 

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

It isn't any more after the games.  Literally... 5 minutes from starting the car in K and onto Rte 3 (East or West) .  Youocan get on 17 or turnpike from there in under 3 minutes.  

It's not like it was in the 90's anymore.  Not even close.

On 4/27/2024 at 1:47 PM, mfmartin said:

How is it gonna happen? They have to give notice they are leaving which leaves them without a home for the 2025 season. They can build a stadium in Queens in the next 18 months?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Stan Kroenke moved the Rams from his home state in St. Louis (Edward Jones Dome) to Los Angeles, and the Rams had a place to play (L.A. Coliseum 2016-19) while their new SoFi stadium was under construction and ready by 2020. Moving the New York Jets from Jersey to Queens is not as difficult of a transition.

20 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Stan Kroenke moved the Rams from his home state in St. Louis (Edward Jones Dome) to Los Angeles, and the Rams had a place to play (L.A. Coliseum 2016-19) while their new SoFi stadium was under construction and ready by 2020. Moving the New York Jets from Jersey to Queens is not as difficult of a transition.

i dont remember but i thought Kroenke paid for the new stadium. I dont think LA contributed and not sure if they have psl's

Same with Jerry world where he paid the full boat.

Is Woody going to lay out that cash which is NY is at least double if not triple what it cost to build anywhere else.

If Cohen finances, then the Jets lease their own home which while nice to call it theirs, they still have a landlord that calls the shots.

Kind of a different road - but everyone loves Sofi - what would that cost in Queens - 4 billion?  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Going from 25,000 soccer specific stadium to an 80,000 stadium that can host NFL games is not a small easy fix. The plot of land would have to nearly double and would eat into the housing, the school, the hotel. All of which was required to get NYC council to approve in the first place.

Grounds being broke for the soccer stadium in the fall once the site is done being cleared.

Keep the same stadium. Charge season ticket holders 3 x the price

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

Keep the same stadium. Charge season ticket holders 3 x the price

They've already done that.  Sort of.  Same location.  Just as crappy a stadium.  But season tix cost three times (more like 6X) as much.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Trotter said:

i dont remember but i thought Kroenke paid for the new stadium. I dont think LA contributed and not sure if they have psl's

Same with Jerry world where he paid the full boat.

Is Woody going to lay out that cash which is NY is at least double if not triple what it cost to build anywhere else.

If Cohen finances, then the Jets lease their own home which while nice to call it theirs, they still have a landlord that calls the shots.

Kind of a different road - but everyone loves Sofi - what would that cost in Queens - 4 billion?  

I was replying to mfmartin who seemed to think the Jets wouldn't have a place to play if they did go through with moving to Queens. You're talking about financing the stadium. I'm sure they've discussed the possibilities for financing a new stadium with some additional help from the taxpayers, just like they're doing in Buffalo. I really don't care if Woody is "leasing" in a new stadium in Queens.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

They've already done that.  Sort of.  Same location.  Just as crappy a stadium.  But season tix cost three times (more like 6X) as much.

build a direct tunnel from boonton nj to the throgs neck area

36 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I was replying to mfmartin who seemed to think the Jets wouldn't have a place to play if they did go through with moving to Queens. You're talking about financing the stadium. I'm sure they've discussed the possibilities for financing a new stadium with some additional help from the taxpayers, just like they're doing in Buffalo. I really don't care if Woody is "leasing" in a new stadium in Queens.

i understand - i was just hopping off of what you were saying -

the finances is the story and i just dont see anyway the taxpayers are going for this. What happened in Buffalo - honestly i do not know all of the details if the state is kicking in but there is also alot of politics with that.

Regarding leasing - isn't Woody in a better position today being co owner than being a tennant? 

It is just alot of this does not make sense once we get past come back home

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

What stadium do you have in mind?

i understand - i was just hopping off of what you were saying -
the finances is the story and i just dont see anyway the taxpayers are going for this. What happened in Buffalo - honestly i do not know all of the details if the state is kicking in but there is also alot of politics with that.
Regarding leasing - isn't Woody in a better position today being co owner than being a tennant? 
It is just alot of this does not make sense once we get past come back home

Yeah they split all thar parking revenue for all non NFL stuff that happens in the stadium.

4 minutes ago, mfmartin said:

Yeah they split all thar parking revenue for all non NFL stuff that happens in the stadium.

parking is a piece of it - and small. 

If the Jets are leasing - prob a very small piece one the actual owners take their share.

It is everything else - going from 25k t0 80k stadium results in 3 times the operating cost - doubt the state or whoever else is the owner is just taking on the additional share.

The only way I see this working if Woody;s issue is in fact that his business partners are difficult is he has to be the owner.

so does he put out 4 billion? is the state/city going to subsidize or is it the psl model of the current stadium except now the season ticket holder is technically not splitting the cost with another franchise.

It all sounds great - until you get to the money    

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Getting from Brooklyn to MetLife, maybe 12 miles apart, usually takes me 4-6 hours round trip. Both on public transit and by car. It’s a nightmare. 

I was born and raised in Park Slope. Leaving Brooklyn I took Flatbush Ave to the Manhattan Bridge to Canal St to the Holland.
Take the covered roadway to 1-9 north to 3 west to 120 North. My house to Giants Stadium less than 30 minutes leaving Brooklyn at 10 am for 1pm games.
Coming back 3 east to NJT 16e go south
to Goethals to SI exp to VZB

• Upvote 1

If Jets wanted a stadium in Willets Point they could have made it happen (with their own money). Both the Islanders and NYCFC duked it out for the land at Belmont, the Islanders won out. NYCFC pivoted to Willets Points and they made it happen.

The Jets have not alluded to or even made whispers about ever leaving NJ.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

@Mogglez Are you ok if I edit this thread and change Nugget out for tidbit? I've been to McDonalds twice day for a 20 piece since you started this thread. 

Awesome brother

it is always important to focus on the critical things in life

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

@Mogglez Are you ok if I edit this thread and change Nugget out for tidbit? I've been to McDonalds twice day for a 20 piece since you started this thread. 

18 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Awesome brother

it is always important to focus on the critical things in life

I might be the only person on this forum who’s never had a chicken McNugget.

I have pounded a few KFC and Bojangles tenders in my day though.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I might be the only person on this forum who’s never had a chicken McNugget.

I have pounded a few KFC and Bojangles tenders in my day though.

Bojangles

heard if them - are they mainly in the Carolina’s and south?

23 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This would be one of the biggest / best things to happen to the Jets in a long time, possibly ever. So I’m not surprised that social media has picked it up and run with it a little bit

Social media? It’s been 3 guys who post on message boards and they’re literally pasting posts from this thread. 😂

• Haha 1