Very early, very non-concrete nugget: the Jets have had talks about moving to Queens.

30 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Bojangles

heard if them - are they mainly in the Carolina’s and south?

Mostly, yes. They started in Charlotte I think?

They’re expanding really quickly now. If you ever see one? Stop in and thank me later.
As good as their chicken is, and it’s excellent, their biscuits are next level (a woman who worked the counter shook her head when I asked for butter for mine. “Honey, you need to put honey on them” it was a life changing moment, 😂 

BTW their steak and biscuit sandwich (locals know to get it with with pimento cheese) is as good as fast food gets, and I’m normally not a pimento cheese guy.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

@Mogglez Are you ok if I edit this thread and change Nugget out for tidbit? I've been to McDonalds twice day for a 20 piece since you started this thread. 

I haven’t had a 20 piece in 5 weeks since I started my spring/summer cut.  Go right ahead; you’d be doing us both a favor 😂😂😂 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

They’re expanding really quickly now. If you ever see one? Stop in and thank me later.
As good as their chicken is, and it’s excellent, their biscuits are next level (a woman who worked the counter shook her head when I asked for butter for mine. “Honey, you need to put honey on them” it was a life changing moment, 😂 

BTW their steak and biscuit sandwich (locals know to get it with with pimento cheese) is as good as fast food gets, and I’m normally not a pimento cheese guy.

Will do but I’m not sure I could get pimento cheese down

Just now, Trotter said:

Will do but I’m not sure I could get pimento cheese down

It’s not my thing either, especially cold but it works with this combo.
The Southerners slather it on and it sorta melts a bit into the hot biscuit and coating on the steak to make it a little more palatable.  Even with that, I take about 2/3’s of it out. 

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

I might be the only person on this forum who’s never had a chicken McNugget.

I have pounded a few KFC and Bojangles tenders in my day though.

True story. I was working for McDonald's when they came out. Love at first bite. Not too many things are that horrible and if hot and fresh taste so damn good! 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I haven’t had a 20 piece in 5 weeks since I started my spring/summer cut.  Go right ahead; you’d be doing us both a favor 😂😂😂 

Or I’ll just put the word delicious in front it and then we are all F’d! 

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

@Mogglez Are you ok if I edit this thread and change Nugget out for tidbit? I've been to McDonalds twice day for a 20 piece since you started this thread. 

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Is it okay if I leave this here?

image.gif.8a4bdeb0b8e75f23d8d9ef4eea4091f2.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

I ate at a Bojangles many moons ago when in NC with my dad (he was a trucker) and they were great then. I read that they're coming to SoCal next year. Definitely looking forward to that. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I love how this thread has veered off from the Jets moving to Queens to how Chicken McNuggets are made.

Well Zach isn't here to push (and rightfully, I might add!) around anymore. Brock Bowers got a jump on his OnlyFans career by being drafted by the RaiDUHs. And as much we'd love to see the Jets back in Queens, as many posters have said the money and politcal will seem to be lacking. So hey, let's talk food.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

This would be one of the biggest / best things to happen to the Jets in a long time, possibly ever. So I’m not surprised that social media has picked it up and run with it a little bit

There's nothing to run with.  They're not going anywhere.

On 4/26/2024 at 5:40 PM, BigRy56 said:

The fight is just beginning for this!!! The Jets have a real chance to correct this MetLife disaster.

The heart of the fanbase is Queens and Long Island. Getting to MetLife is a nightmare and putting the field on our actual home turf would be a weekly madhouse.

This would be the absolute BEST thing to happen to the Jets in a very very long time. The home field advantage would be off the charts. This must happen 

Actually the heart of the Jets fan base now is northern NJ. In terms of numbers only. As such I wonder how much different the home field advantage would be. 

Otherwise definitely, the true historical heart of the Jets is Queens & Long Island. Those fans are the longest running, most passionate die hard Jets fans. Where the rivers and blood flow green. 

• Upvote 3

On 4/29/2024 at 6:48 PM, Green Ghost said:

They've over expanded.

I had some in Louisiana, decent chicken, great biscuits.  Now they are here in Fort Worth, biscuits are not made fresh in house, the chicken is ok, really a mediocre place here.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Actually the heart of the Jets fan base now is northern NJ. In terms of numbers only. As such I wonder how much different the home field advantage would be. 

Otherwise definitely, the true historical heart of the Jets is Queens & Long Island. Those fans are the longest running, most passionate die hard Jets fans. Where the rivers and blood flow green. 

If by "fanbase" you actually mean "season ticket holders" - that's probably correct.

But if you mean where fans of the team live, Nassau County is still the center of Jets fandom. Facebook data indicates that it's the only place in the metro area where Jets fans outnumber Giants fans. Given the multigenerational representation on that platform, I tend to trust it. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, chirorob said:

They've over expanded.

I had some in Louisiana, decent chicken, great biscuits.  Now they are here in Fort Worth, biscuits are not made fresh in house, the chicken is ok, really a mediocre place here.

That kinda sucks. They’re so on point down here. 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1

On 5/1/2024 at 3:47 PM, Larz said:

Lol

As much as I want to see them back in Queens. Somehow, if they get there, Woody will find a way to screw it up in terms of design. After all, he runs Johnson & Johnson. Humbly submitted

Yes, Qatar's Monster Stadium Looks A Bit Like A Vagina | HuffPost  Entertainment

And this gem is a train station, but if he got a domed stadium, this is what it would look like

China's Internet users obsessed with building that looks ...

The JETS are not leaving.

They play in a stadium that literally won an award for its fan experience last season, is electric and hits sound levels some teams can’t dream of even in a dome… which btw is because they are one of the top attended teams in the NFL.

The sight lines are amazing and it’s a fantastic experience for people who actually like watching football.

While there are a few internet crybabies and trolls who like to whine about Woody and say it looks like an air conditioner… most grownups don’t really care what the OUTSIDE of a stadium is like 😂

Everyone just enjoy this which season that is coming!

IMG_4711.jpeg

• More Ugh 1

2 hours ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

As much as I want to see them back in Queens. Somehow, if they get there, Woody will find a way to screw it up in terms of design. After all, he runs Johnson & Johnson. Humbly submitted

Incorrect. He has no role with J&J and never had one. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ECURB said:

The JETS are not leaving.

They play in a stadium that literally won an award for its fan experience last season, is electric and hits sound levels some teams can’t dream of even in a dome… which btw is because they are one of the top attended teams in the NFL.

The sight lines are amazing and it’s a fantastic experience for people who actually like watching football.

While there are a few internet crybabies and trolls who like to whine about Woody and say it looks like an air conditioner… most grownups don’t really care what the OUTSIDE of a stadium is like 😂

Everyone just enjoy this which season that is coming!

IMG_4711.jpeg

This is about concessions. Not popcorn, but getting more and they probably want upgrades. Inside the stadium, outside the stadium. The almighty dollar talks, and building a new stadium isn't going to happen, especially in these high interest times.

• Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

Yes, Qatar's Monster Stadium Looks A Bit Like A Vagina | HuffPost  Entertainment

And this gem is a train station, but if he got a domed stadium, this is what it would look like

I don’t know, that top one looks cozy and warm to me. 

• Haha 3

On 4/28/2024 at 8:39 PM, Green Ghost said:

The hits just keep coming with this thread.

Tonight Show Dance GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Based on what, you don’t think it could happen?  Don’t want your Giants left flat while the Jets are in superior digs?  

11 hours ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

Do you still not know that Woody Johnson has nothing to do with Johnson & Johnson, never has after 25 years of owning the team?