Very early, very non-concrete nugget: the Jets have had talks about moving to Queens.

11 hours ago, ECURB said:

The JETS are not leaving.

They play in a stadium that literally won an award for its fan experience last season, is electric and hits sound levels some teams can’t dream of even in a dome… which btw is because they are one of the top attended teams in the NFL.

The sight lines are amazing and it’s a fantastic experience for people who actually like watching football.

While there are a few internet crybabies and trolls who like to whine about Woody and say it looks like an air conditioner… most grownups don’t really care what the OUTSIDE of a stadium is like 😂

Everyone just enjoy this which season that is coming!

IMG_4711.jpeg

Fan experience doesn't mean it's a nice stadium lol. It was because they put on a good show/production. They can do that anywhere. 

20 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Fan experience doesn't mean it's a nice stadium lol. It was because they put on a good show/production. They can do that anywhere. 

That is just not true... they were never winning that award in Giants stadium.

The technology is better in Metlife and it was designed to put on massive shows and host major events. Not just football. So we get the best of both worlds with amazing sightlines and a very clean look PLUS they are able to put on a great show for the fans.

Even the screens are under rated... having the 4 corner screens is a huge advantage over places like Dallas with one big one... or places like NE... Cincy etc with nothing like it.

Are stadiums like the new one in Vegas beautiful from a drone shot outside... sure... but WTF does that have anything to do with the game?

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, ECURB said:

The technology is better in Metlife and it was designed to put on massive shows and host major events. Not just football. So we get the best of both worlds with amazing sightlines and a very clean look PLUS they are able to put on a great show for the fans.

Even the screens are under rated... having the 4 corner screens is a huge advantage over places like Dallas with one big one... or places like NE... Cincy etc with nothing like it.

Are stadiums like the new one in Vegas beautiful from a drone shot outside... sure... but WTF does that have anything to do with the game?

You work for the team, related to Woody or just a MetLife Stadium enthusiast?

1 hour ago, ECURB said:

I am aware it's a better stadium then the one that opened in the 70's. 

I'm saying the fan experience that won an award can be done in any stadium now. They can hand out LED wristbands in Queens too lol.

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Based on what, you don’t think it could happen?  Don’t want your Giants left flat while the Jets are in superior digs?  

I was referring to the guy citing your kid’s OP on social media as if it were actually news, and you know that, but apparently this thread became a little too light hearted for you once we shifted the conversation to fried chicken? Maybe that’s why you chose to quote me now in typical Jet Nut fashion?

As far as the Jets moving? I don’t think it will happen, nor do you. Even your son said it’s an extreme long shot.
Keep doing you though… either drag this out with a tiresome reply, or move onto another thread and disagreement with whoever about whatever. You seem to feed off that.

16 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I was referring to the guy citing your kid’s OP on social media as if it were actually news, and you know that, but apparently this thread became a little too light hearted for you once we shifted the conversation to fried chicken? Maybe that’s why you chose to quote me now in typical Jet Nut fashion?

As far as the Jets moving? I don’t think it will happen, nor do you. Even your son said it’s an extreme long shot.
Keep doing you though… either drag this out with a tiresome reply, or move onto another thread and disagreement with whoever about whatever. You seem to feed off that.

I got the same source, heard the same exact story.  Nobody guaranteed it but the word is the move is being explored.  Given there is going to be a smaller stadium and a sports/entertainment complex headed by Cohen it makes too much sense to add the Jets if Woody is serious about getting away from the cheapskate Mara/Tisch led Giants

• Upvote 1

On 5/2/2024 at 9:52 PM, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

As much as I want to see them back in Queens. Somehow, if they get there, Woody will find a way to screw it up in terms of design. After all, he runs Johnson & Johnson. Humbly submitted

Yes, Qatar's Monster Stadium Looks A Bit Like A Vagina | HuffPost  Entertainment

This should be for the vagiants. 

The truth is the only design leaked for the Jets, that didn't involve the Giants' owners, was for the WSS and it looked pretty sweet. Woody's not my favorite, but it surely was a take it or leave it offer with Mara/Tisch for this stadium that looks like it was a group effort designed by Carrier, Trane, and Lennox. 

All the architectural ideas that have come and gone in the past 20 years, and the two teams nearest the city with probably the highest concentration of high-paid architects combine to put forth the most boring, ugly stadium anyone's built in decades. 

Now about 15 years into its lifespan, MetLife stadium appears to be the NFL leader in:

1. Seating capacity

2. Square footage

3. Leaking freon

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This should be for the vagiants. 

The truth is the only design leaked for the Jets, that didn't involve the Giants' owners, was for the WSS and it looked pretty sweet. Woody's not my favorite, but it surely was a take it or leave it offer with Mara/Tisch for this stadium that looks like it was a group effort designed by Carrier, Trane, and Lennox. 

All the architectural ideas that have come and gone in the past 20 years, and the two teams nearest the city with probably the highest concentration of high-paid architects combine to put forth the most boring, ugly stadium anyone's built in decades. 

Now about 15 years into its lifespan, MetLife stadium appears to be the NFL leader in:

1. Seating capacity

2. Square footage

3. Leaking freon

If this post doesn’t lead to the resurrection of @SAR I, I don’t know what will. 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

If this post doesn’t lead to the resurrection of @SAR I, I don’t know what will. 

Now that they dumped his beloved uniforms, I don’t know if he’ll ever come back. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Possible stadium nicknames:

The Bald Taco

Labia Stadia

The Jungle (sorry Cincy)

I'm home suffering with a herniated disc in my neck (extreme pain)... I thank you sir for the first belly laugh I've had in the past week. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/3/2024 at 9:08 AM, y2k8 said:

Possible stadium nicknames:

The Bald Taco

Labia Stadia

The Jungle (sorry Cincy)

Most Definitely "Bald Taco" as the winner!

Was this design done by an all-feminist architectural firm?

Season 8 Feminism GIF by Friends

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, y2k8 said:

You work for the team, related to Woody or just a MetLife Stadium enthusiast?

None of the above.

Just a normal JETS fan that enjoys going to games and can't stand the crybabies about the stadium.

Also a fan of not sitting in the traffic that would be a Queens stadium... 

On 5/3/2024 at 9:50 AM, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

As I mentioned to the other poster, I stand corrected. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/billionaires/profiles/woody-johnson/

According to Bloomberg, Woody interned at J&J for one summer.

https://pagesix.com/2013/07/15/woody-johnson-was-nearly-paralyzed-after-drunken-bridge-fall-book-claims/

According to the NY Post, he can't hold his liquor: 

Wealthy New York Jets owner Woody Johnson was nearly paralyzed for life after drunkenly falling off a bridge while urinating during his wild college days, a new book claims.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/billionaires/profiles/woody-johnson/

According to Bloomberg, Woody interned at J&J for one summer.

https://pagesix.com/2013/07/15/woody-johnson-was-nearly-paralyzed-after-drunken-bridge-fall-book-claims/

According to the NY Post, he can't hold his liquor: 

Wealthy New York Jets owner Woody Johnson was nearly paralyzed for life after drunkenly falling off a bridge while urinating during his wild college days, a new book claims.

yeah...instead of paralysis, we got brain damage.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Most Definitely "Bald Taco" as the winner!

Was this design done by an all-feminist architectural firm?

Season 8 Feminism GIF by Friends

Georgia O’Keeffe School of Architectural Design 

12 hours ago, slats said:

Now that they dumped his beloved uniforms, I don’t know if he’ll ever come back. 

Oh, he’s coming back. Once someone insults ticket prices and his beloved MetLife Stadium, he feels a tingle someone where the sun doesn’t shine. 

Live look actually:

IMG_7296.gif