Jets favored in 14/17 games

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

0 % chance we have to watch Zach Wilson take a single snap for the Jets this year.  No one should have any negativity about our QB situation in 2024.

Raining The Shawshank Redemption GIF

I actually though abut posting this when Zach was traded

Such a relief for this organization to finally have moved on 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It's quite simple -- they make the odds to get 50% of the money taking each side.

this is true for the games - and big events like the SB

the futures bets are designed to get hometown fans to bet over

how many futures for other teams do any of us play? The answer is none 

you should be betting against the Jets each week

yup

you said it buddy

I pretty much do that every week and barring miracles wins like HOU it's a profitable strategy 

some games like MIA vs Trevor Simian were really easy money 

it's better than the S&P 500 

Or far simpler, just look up their recent records against the spreads:

those stats are for the spread just before Kickoff not the spread in May 

technically everything's a future at this point 

my original point still stands don't bet on stuff where you don't have information 

that turns it into a game of chance and that always favors the house 

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

I'm no statistician but hear me out. 

In 2023, home favorites outright won 69.8% of their games. Away favorites won 64.1% of their games. 

Jets are home favorites in 8 games. At 69.8% win rate, that's 5.581 wins.

Jets are away favorites in 6 games. At a 64.1% win rate that's 3.845 wins. 

Add those two together and you get 9.426 wins. The o/u is 9.5. Seems about right to me considering the favored team last season only won 67.6% of the time!

and using your math we should be betting the under

9.4 wins doesn't come through on O 9.5 

It’s almost like a team with a top 5 defense and playoff caliber special teams added Tyron Smith, Mike Williams, Morgan Moses , Tyrod Taylor , Olu Fashanu , Malachi Corley and Braelon Allen to the offense while eliminating Zach Wilson and Mekhi Becton or something like that. 

I can’t wait to see how the truth does in OTAs next week  

• Upvote 1

On 5/16/2024 at 10:42 AM, slats said:

Better than being the cheats, who are currently favored to lose every game this season. 

At least if we were favored to lose every game this season then we wouldn't be as disappointed at the end of the season as we usually are...

On 5/16/2024 at 7:31 PM, doitny said:

Joe Douglas sucks. cant wait for him to get fired by the end of the season. (sarcasm) lol

When you are speaking in sarcasm, you don't write "sarcasm" in your post then follow it with a "lol". 

Let the morons think you’re serious, and let the people who are fluent in Sarcasm get a chuckle.

or as Oscar Wilde once wrote "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but the highest form of intelligence."

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Claymation said:

When you are speaking in sarcasm, you don't write "sarcasm" in your post then follow it with a "lol". 

Let the morons think your serious, and let the people who are fluent in Sarcasm get a chuckle.

or as Oscar Wilde once wrote "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but the highest form of intelligence."

your right i should have done that.

the last time i did that i said something about Zach being good. some guy replied with 2 long paragraphs about how i was wrong and Zach sucked. the real sad part was this guy has been a member here for like 15 years and only had under 100 posts. he felt so strongly about Zach sucking he made one of those very few posts. guys probably never going to post here again. lol

now that i think about it that would have been funny.

• Haha 2