ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

16 hours ago, rtnelson said:

Highest QB Rating in the preseason so far.  Making some pretty good throws.  I think he could be a force with some good coaching.

I was on the Mac train until last year.

I agree with good coaching he can be a good QB.  He received good coaching in his rookie year and was good.  Belichick's efforts in year two and three undermined any positives from his rookie year.  

Ultimately, I think 'a force' is a bit too strong.  He can be good, but he will never be a top 5 QB.  He is a 10-15 QB on a good day.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Bo Nix is their starter.

Denver gave up on him and probably will let him go.

He might understand the playbooks, but his mind and body are not in sync. He could possibly continue his career but at some low-level coaching to begin his new chapter in life. 

Dear Zach,

In the game of life, mistakes are made,
And sometimes, friendships start to fade.
I write these words with a heavy heart,
To mend the rift, to make a new start.

I’m sorry for the things I’ve done,
For words that hurt, for actions spun.
I never meant to cause you pain,
To leave you standing in the rain.

Your talent shines, a beacon bright,
In every game, in every fight.
I hope you find it in your heart,
To forgive and let us restart.

For in this world, we all must learn,
To heal the wounds, to bridges burn.
So here’s my plea, my humble call,
I’m sorry, Zach, for it all.

13 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

I agree with good coaching he can be a good QB.  He received good coaching in his rookie year and was good.  Belichick's efforts in year two and three undermined any positives from his rookie year.  

Ultimately, I think 'a force' is a bit too strong.  He can be good, but he will never be a top 5 QB.  He is a 10-15 QB on a good day.

If they could graft Macs head onto Zach’s body we might have something. 
They’re both backups who never lived up to their draft position.  
Never will

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So glad I’ve got this rugged, manly place to come discuss the grid iron.

We are filled with love in our hearts, yet confined by our own ideologies and habits. Considering the three dimensions of personality: the dominant male, the egalitarian male, and the feminine, which one do you identify with?

16 minutes ago, Same Old Jets said:

We are filled with love in our hearts, yet confined by our own ideologies and habits. Considering the three dimensions of personality: the dominant male, the egalitarian male, and the feminine, which one do you identify with?

Frustrated Here We Go GIF by Sesame Street

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If they could graft Macs head onto Zach’s body we might have something. 
They’re both backups who never lived up to their draft position.  
Never will

Louis Litt Genius GIF by Suits

The career backup can be a good job.  Get well paid and do not take hits.

1 hour ago, PFSIKH said:

Yeah, force is likely too strong there.  Just from watching his preseason tape, he seems to get the ball out quickly to the right guy.  His arm strength looked better than I remember.  He will potentially be super cheap, and I would really not like our eggs to be in 0 start baskets when AR8 hangs it up.  He's someone to keep an eye on IMO.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

If you go back and watch his 2019 performance against U of Washington, you can see a much more realistic projection of what he would look like in the NFL.

A complete mess in the pocket under pressure.  Running backwards and mistake prone, careless with the football, etc.

Zach Wilson owes his NFL career to the pandemic and to the fact that BYU couldn't recruit a halfway decent QB to beat him out.

The stupid pro day throw and his ability to cheaply imitate Mahomes' and Allen's "arm angles" and fling 50/50 jump balls down the sideline "off platform" to Dax Milne was just the nail in the coffin for idiotic scouts, coaches, and front office types.

Those are all elite rare skill sets 

he was a raw project

its on the staff to develop the fundamentals, which they did not

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The fact that Sean Payton is talking about Zach potentially making millions elsewhere makes me think he's not making Denver's roster.  It'll be interesting to see what happens to him next.  I could see PS or I could see another team giving him a shot.  Minnesota would be interesting.  Imagine him backing up Sam Darnold?   lol

He starts over Sammy boy

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rtnelson said:

Yeah, force is likely too strong there.  Just from watching his preseason tape, he seems to get the ball out quickly to the right guy.  His arm strength looked better than I remember.  He will potentially be super cheap, and I would really not like our eggs to be in 0 start baskets when AR8 hangs it up.  He's someone to keep an eye on IMO.

I would agree.

He is a decent player.  I think he will be the career backup/bridge guy.  Maybe, like Geno, he will have a career renaissance after a few years out of the spotlight. 

On 8/21/2024 at 7:37 AM, rtnelson said:

Mac Jones kicking butt in the preseason.  He could be cheap, and maybe surprise you next season or beyond.  Give the Pats a piece of their own voodoo?

No, he's a jerk, not very mobile, and his arm isn't strong enough for NE winters imo.

im back into this thread once again to say.... if only the jets gave zach more time.  he just went 2 for 9 in his last pre season outing.   that is vast improvement.   the jets are going to rue the day ! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Zach Wilson’s Broncos future in question after losing starting QB battle

Zach Wilson won’t be the Broncos’ starting quarterback.

And now, the focus turns to whether the former Jets bust will be the backup or potentially relegated to third-string duties, the practice squad or even the waiver wire.

https://nypost.com/2024/08/22/sports/zach-wilsons-broncos-future-in-question-after-losing-starting-qb-battle/

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, TBJ said:

And now, the focus turns to whether the former Jets bust will be the backup or potentially relegated to third-string duties, the practice squad or even the waiver wire.

https://nypost.com/2024/08/22/sports/zach-wilsons-broncos-future-in-question-after-losing-starting-qb-battle/

Love it! Former Jets bust! LMAO!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TBJ said:

And did you notice ? That every one of the headlines are articles written by NY Jet Fan websites like the "Jet Press" or New York Media Websites like the New York ComPost. Which raises the questions; If Zach Wilson is so bad why haven't these guys forgotten him ? ? ? Why do they keep pumping Zach up ?

Have you ever done a Google News Search plugging Zach Wilson's name into the Search Engine ?   I have and the listen returned shows every article dumping on Zach originates out of New York. And every positive article is written out of Denver. To be sure the preponderance of stories in the Local Denver Press is focusing on Bo Nix. But there still is a steady stream of articles on Zach and all of them are positive. Most deal with what Sean Payton is telling the local press. Payton has spoken in glowing terms in what he has seen out of Zach going so far as to infer that Zach may start this weeks final Preseason Game against the Cardinals Sunday Night. Not because Zach is going to start Week 1 against Seattle, that is a settled matter. Sean Payton wants to see what Zach can do running with the Ones. Does that sound like a guy looking to give Zach the hatchet ? But only in the fat inflated heads of the New York Media is the arrogance and contempt to tell a highly respected NFL Head Coach who is the guy not worthy to be on the roster.

They have a name for the type insecurity .... Its called Whistling past the Graveyard.

10 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

And did you notice ? That every one of the headlines are articles written by NY Jet Fan websites like the "Jet Press" or New York Media Websites like the New York ComPost. Which raises the questions; If Zach Wilson is so bad why haven't these guys forgotten him ? ? ? Why do they keep pumping Zach up ?

Have you ever done a Google News Search plugging Zach Wilson's name into the Search Engine ?   I have and the listen returned shows every article dumping on Zach originates out of New York. And every positive article is written out of Denver. To be sure the preponderance of stories in the Local Denver Press is focusing on Bo Nix. But there still is a steady stream of articles on Zach and all of them are positive. Most deal with what Sean Payton is telling the local press. Payton has spoken in glowing terms in what he has seen out of Zach going so far as to infer that Zach may start this weeks final Preseason Game against the Cardinals Sunday Night. Not because Zach is going to start Week 1 against Seattle, that is a settled matter. Sean Payton wants to see what Zach can do running with the Ones. Does that sound like a guy looking to give Zach the hatchet ? But only in the fat inflated heads of the New York Media is the arrogance and contempt to tell a highly respected NFL Head Coach who is the guy not worthy to be on the roster.

They have a name for the type insecurity .... Its called Whistling past the Graveyard.

I've posted more negative headlines coming out of Denver than New York, but ok.

26 minutes ago, TBJ said:

I've posted more negative headlines coming out of Denver than New York, but ok.

And who are you ? Outside of a Zach Hater. I'm say what I get returned when I do a Google News Search with Zach Wilson's name. And what I get is

1) the positive articles far out number the negative articles

2) The articles coming out of the Denver are almost exclusively positive with a couple of exceptions

3) The negative articles are almost exclusive originating from New York.

4) There are a couple of negative coming out National Media like SI, from Beat Writers that have covered Zach when he played in New York. (maybe they need a change of scenery ;-) )

4 hours ago, THE BARON said:

im back into this thread once again to say.... if only the jets gave zach more time.  he just went 2 for 9 in his last pre season outing.   that is vast improvement.   the jets are going to rue the day ! 

If NY state just didn’t have a darn income tax we get Tyreek Hill.  Tyreek Hill makes Zach into a star

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

And who are you ?

I'm a Jets fan. I know it's crazy, but I don't like seeing them totally waste #2 overall picks.

I don't enjoy major setbacks and 14 year droughts.

Enjoy all of the positive write-ups, be sure to let me know how it turns out.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TBJ said:

I'm a Jets fan. I know it's crazy, but I don't like seeing them totally waste #2 overall picks.

I don't enjoy major setbacks and 14 year droughts.

Enjoy all of the positive write-ups, be sure to let me know how it turns out.

How do you know that ZW is a waste of a #2 overall draft pick. Vinny Testaverde was a #1 overall draft pick and he was an absolute bum for 9 of his first 10 years in the league..

So ZW is responsible for the Jets 14 Year Playoff drought ?

I sure will let you know how this turns out along with what Geno Smith and Sam Darnold do.

8 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

If only Zach had a good offensive coach like Sean Payton— oh wait

And that's correct. It will be interesting to watch what becomes of Zach with a year or two of tutelage from Payton. Payton sure has made it clear that he likes what he has seen out of Zach this Preseason and intends to keep him on the roster.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

And that's correct. It will be interesting to watch what becomes of Zach with a year or two of tutelage from Payton. Payton sure has made it clear that he likes what he has seen out of Zach this Preseason and intends to keep him on the roster.

Yeah he’s so enthusiastic about Zach he won’t even let him face second stringers in a meaningless exhibition game

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1