ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

#4 for Denver looks just Treeeeeemendous!

I would honestly draft my Uncle Ralph over Zach in our backyard Thanksgiving game. When my brother gets drunk, his pass rush is ferocious and after a couple scotches, Uncle Ralph DGAF.

3 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Against 4th stringers in the final preseason game congrats 

Holding the ball too long still. Not sure why the Jets never let him play like this during the preseason. At least he’s getting reps in year 4.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Holding the ball too long still. Not sure why the Jets never let him play like this during the preseason. At least he’s getting reps in year 4.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s nice of Payton to let Zach Wilson get some run in his final game as a pro.

But Vinny Testaverde threw 33 interceptions in 1983

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Wait hang on are you suggesting that giving players live reps in actual football games might be beneficial to their development

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wait hang on are you suggesting that giving players live reps in actual football games might be beneficial to their development

Splitting time with Tim Doyle last year made a ton of sense. Sitting him out of the eagles preseason game because it was raining did too. 

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Splitting time with Tim Doyle last year made a ton of sense. Sitting him out of the eagles preseason game because it was raining did too. 

Much better to give Zach full protected status and not make him play football with his teammates in undesirable conditions.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Look Zach's last regular season game was against Texans and he had a good game. So maybe he's just improving. Overall he sucked with the Jets. But he probably won't be starting anywhere in 2024 he might get on the field maybe. 

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Zach Wilson sucks

You can’t know that!!! What if he had weaponz? What if his QB coach didn’t die? What if he didn’t suck at football?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look Zach's last regular season game was against Texans and he had a good game. So maybe he's just improving. Overall he sucked with the Jets. But he probably won't be starting anywhere in 2024 he might get on the field maybe. 

I will literally bet you any amount of money you are comfortable with that Zach Wilson will never have more than 8 TDs in any year for the rest of his career.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Much better to give Zach full protected status and not make him play football with his teammates in undesirable conditions.  

He’s a total crumb. I haven’t seen a mentally-weaker player since Ryan Leaf.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I promised myself I wouldn't fight with the haters. It's like talking to a wall. Geez. 

Seriously, I’m curious about this and it is not a trap — what is your definition of the word “hater?”

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Bad year for the trolls so far 

Who can tell the difference who is who? We’ve become a full gaslight society where now just cutting and pasting Zach’s stats gets you labeled “a hater.”

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Seriously, I’m curious about this and it is not a trap — what is your definition of the word “hater?”

after watching 3 years of him being the worst QB in the NFL for your team and watch the GM finally give up and trade a guy he picked 2nd overall your a hater if you think he sucks...smh.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, doitny said:

after watching 3 years of him being the worst QB in the NFL for your team and watch the GM finally give up and trade a guy he picked 2nd overall your a hater if you think he sucks...smh.

Yeah these days, calling 9-11 bad makes you a September Hater.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

Throw out 3 years of ineptitude for a couple of quarters of preseason football against players who will be cut in 48 hours. 😆 

There is no difference between the Cardinals 1st string defense and their third stringers.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Sounds as if Payton is suggesting Denver likely to keep all three QB's.  We'll see if it's BS or not.

NFL: Sean Payton hints Broncos will carry 3 QBs on 53-man roster (usatoday.com)

"Unless this is an elaborate scheme by Payton to create a trade market for Wilson, it seems safe to say the QB has made the team."

This^^^^