ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Except that Geno’s problem was maturity, not so much ability.

Zach’s issues are more like Sanchez/Darnold’s, only even worse.  He lacks maturity AND ability (mental processing), and his issues are worse than any of those former Jet QBs.

Geno ended up maturing quite a bit.  He has a really positive attitude and I root for the guy now.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Claymation said:

image.gif.7a2bf67c69cafda1c2d2966c4f7d5a50.gif

I know, right...

I come in here and keep people up-to-date on the Zach Wilson saga and what do I get ??? I'm pushed aside by a "swaggering, overbearing tin-plated dictator with delusions of godhood".

You give little people a shard of power, and... 

• Haha 2

On 6/1/2024 at 4:20 AM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL Zach did Denzel Mims dirty here 😂

Depriving the 2nd round bust his chance at a regular season NFL TD 🤣

Timmy Boyle could have made this throw 

The ZW lifers will say it’s the OL’s fault for not giving him 24 seconds to calmly survey the field like in his halcyon BYU days

Yeah, there's no excuse as he simply chose self preservation over a wide open TD strike because he knew he'd get leveled if he delivered that ball.  

Funny, Sauce is still supporting Wilson by saying he saw his talent when he practiced against him for 2 years which also points out that he failed to put it all together on the field, as he did on this play. I was one of those supporting Zach as a Jet but I now recognize it's doubtful he ever takes the next step elsewhere. This play shows he lacks the mental toughness needed...

On 5/29/2024 at 10:38 AM, THE BARON said:

I pretty much agree.  Unless, there is a HC/OC out there that wants to run an all-out schoolyard offense.  Three or four pass catchers freelancing on every play.  Man blocking on the offensive line with plenty of lateral line shifts/motion.  It would not be consistent, but it would probably be entertaining. 

I never wanted to draft the kid, but after we did, I tried hard to be one of his biggest supporters.  To this day, I still can't understand how he can't make the quick screen passes, how sometimes they don't reach the receiver.  I always had a cannon for an arm growing up, and those screen passes are so simple to make, anyone can make them.  To take his arm, which to be honest is fairly strong but not off the charts strong, and not be able to make those simple screen passes consistently, is still baffling to me.  That issue is between his ears, not on his arm.  Other than that, there were times that he just looked lost out there on the field, and at that point, I wanted him gone so badly!  

No matter how he does on another team, I am thankful that he is no longer a Jet.

• Upvote 1

On 6/7/2024 at 11:43 AM, THE BARON said:

I know, right...

I come in here and keep people up-to-date on the Zach Wilson saga and what do I get ??? I'm pushed aside by a "swaggering, overbearing tin-plated dictator with delusions of godhood".

You give little people a shard of power, and... 

He pushed “PVO….or else” hard during the Zach era and now wants everyone to forget about it ever happening.

• Haha 3

Yeah but even when Geno sucked as a qb for us he was still better than Zach Wilson
I don't think Zach ever had a 6 interception game did he ??

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

The coaching staff never allowed him to throw enough to get 6 INT's in a game.  After his 3rd or 4th interception, they just ran the ball.  His incompetence never inspired the coaches to allow him to continue to throw.  On those unique days where he was able to throw effectively, they let him air it out.  But those days were a rarity. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Did Geno? I went though his game logs with the Jets and I couldn't find a game with more than 3.

Edit: You're thinking of Fitzpatrick in 2016. He threw 6 against KC.

Did Geno? I went though his game logs with the Jets and I couldn't find a game with more than 3.
Unless I dreamt it (entirely possible) he had a 5 or 6 int game .. I think he was pulled from that game ???

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Unless I dreamt it (entirely possible) he had a 5 or 6 int game .. I think he was pulled from that game ???

It was Fitzpatrick in 2016.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Yeah but even when Geno sucked as a qb for us he was still better than Zach Wilson

Geno started 30 games for the Jets and Wilson started 33. Geno threw 28 TD's to Wilson's 23. Geno was intercepted 36 times to Wilson's 25. Completion % was virtually identical (57.9 for Smith, 57 for Wilson). Smith threw for 8 more yards per game. Their passer ratings were within 0.8 of each other with Wilson having the edge. Geno was slightly better rushing the ball.

Hard to say Geno was better than Wilson. Both were pretty terrible. I wasn't a Geno hater and felt that he had potential. Then he got his jaw busted and Fitz had that magical year. The rest is history.

I'd say Wilson vs. Smith as a Jet is a draw.

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

That was Fitz in 2016.  KC game.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Ah yeah .. that's right ....I looked up Namath he had a sixer.too.

The most INTs Geno ever had in a game was 3, which he did 3x.  Twice against the Bills and once against the Pats.

He did lose a fumble in one of the Buffalo games so that was a 4 turnover day.  He also had a 2 INT, 2 fumbles lost game against the Titans.  

On 6/6/2024 at 6:47 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Again...

https://sportsnaut.com/zach-wilson-achieves-69-mph-fastest-throw-for-qb/

The data and analytics company which has worked closely with the NFL since at least 2015, recently clocked Wilson throwing 69 mph during Jets training camp. It’s reportedly the fastest any QB has been measured to throw, in any setting, according to Next Gen Stats.

Yet we never saw it in games. For reference, here is arm talent

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wait you guys think Zach Wilson is going to stay grinding as a backup for eight years in the hopes that some rebuilding team will give him a chance to  start again in 2033? You’re talking a privileged kid with generational wealth who quit on his team last year and disappeared with a month to go in the season.

Bachelor 2026. Zach is back and this time it’s for real, 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Geno started 30 games for the Jets and Wilson started 33. Geno threw 28 TD's to Wilson's 23. Geno was intercepted 36 times to Wilson's 25. Completion % was virtually identical (57.9 for Smith, 57 for Wilson). Smith threw for 8 more yards per game. Their passer ratings were within 0.8 of each other with Wilson having the edge. Geno was slightly better rushing the ball.

Hard to say Geno was better than Wilson. Both were pretty terrible. I wasn't a Geno hater and felt that he had potential. Then he got his jaw busted and Fitz had that magical year. The rest is history.

I'd say Wilson vs. Smith as a Jet is a draw.

Geno had no receivers.  Zach had Garrett Wilson.  Even Corey Davis is 10x better than scrubs like Chaz Schilens

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Wait you guys think Zach Wilson is going to stay grinding as a backup for eight years in the hopes that some rebuilding team will give him a chance to  start again in 2033? You’re talking a privileged kid with generational wealth who quit on his team last year and disappeared with a month to go in the season.

Next season is Zach’s last in the NFL

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Geno had no receivers.  Zach had Garrett Wilson.  Even Corey Davis is 10x better than scrubs like Chaz Schilens

Yes. Decker sucked. Stop being an idiot.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

First of all Zach never quit on the team. He was legit injured. If he did his ex teammates would be ripping him. 

Do you see any teammate out there who ever really defended him?  

Boyle got cut for being critical of Zach (and prior to that Elijah Moore got traded) so of course no one out there wanted to offend Woody Johnson’s golden child.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Do you see any teammate out there who ever really defended him?  

Boyle got cut for being critical of Zach (and prior to that Elijah Moore got traded) so of course no one out there wanted to offend Woody Johnson’s golden child.

Yes

G Wilson regularly talked him up.  So did others.  It’s football, they all defend each other, earned or not, let’s not make it sound like we never watched the game before.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

G Wilson regularly talked him up.  So did others.  It’s football, they all defend each other, earned or not, let’s not make it sound like we never watched the game before.  

Wilson sucked but you are arguing with an idiot.

• Upvote 1