Jets OTA updates (6/4 Open to Media)

20 hours ago, Jetkwondo said:

The dude is good to very good by most NFL standards, and combined with Ruckert's blocking and untapped receiving potential along with #3 TE and  ST's ace Yeboah we're pretty set at TE.  

From PFF Top 32 TE Rankings for 2024

21. TYLER CONKLIN, NEW YORK JETS

Conklin has emerged as a reliable target over the past few seasons, and he put up a career-high 622 yards in 2023. He’s caught 21 contested targets over the past two years, the second-most in the NFL.

and a 66% or better catch rate over the last 3 years.

600+ yards for the jets last year caused me to do a double take

the lack of TDs is real though; from your TE  it has to be more

not sure what his first down rate is

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Tight ends that had 600 yards receiving last year:

Pitts, Schultz, Kincaid, Conklin

These arent Jags.  These are solid players.

There is a reason jet fans are known as the dumbest fanbase in sports.  And most of you are proving this.  Congrats!!!!

Lol do you make this stuff up?

At first i thought u were cherry picking, so i researching.

Straight up… u might be the worst poster ever. But i cherish you….

1. LAST SEASON THERE WERE 12, not 4, that had more than 600 yards.

2. There are PROBABLY ANOTHER 7 or 8 that almost had 600, like 500 plus yards. I like how you think 600 is elite though….

3. Conlin scored ZERO tds

4. Conklin created ZERO points

for perspective, the top 2 or 3 tight ends had 900+ yards and as many as 10 tds. Thats 60 points. Thats 2 games most likely won by 1 player. 

So yea, Conklin is a JAG big time and theres  a part of me that wants to see a classic jet meltdown again this year just to see how fast and hard you turnnon them again lol

The Disease……

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Only jet fans would call the likes of Conky, Pitts, Kincaid and Schultz JAGs.

Except literally nobody here said that pitts schultz and kinkaid are jags.

like nobody!

and its funny how you dont even mention laporta who is the best.

dude your the greatest poster of all time since sar1

35 minutes ago, JetsFlyer said:

and a 66% or better catch rate over the last 3 years.

600+ yards for the jets last year caused me to do a double take

the lack of TDs is real though; from your TE  it has to be more

not sure what his first down rate is

27 First downs on 61 receptions with a 10.2 yards per reception 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Lith said:

Note to self.  Next week, when reporters are covering mini-camp, start a new thread.  There are updates in here, but they are kind of hard to find amid the Conklin debates.

Thanks for the great postings Larry! It breaks up the Conklin drivel. Scroll through all the drama to find you and your posts. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

So if a player catches a 20 yard pass for example and is tackled on the 1, then Breece runs it in for the TD that catch didnt create points?  
Barry Sanders had more than a few seasons with single digit TD totals, he wasn’t productive?  His 3 and 4 TD season totals only created 18 and 24 points even though he rushed for 1100 and 1500 yards those years?

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So if a player catches a 20 yard pass for example and is tackled on the 1, then Breece runs it in for the TD that catch didnt create points?  
Barry Sanders had more than a few seasons with single digit TD totals, he wasn’t productive?  His 3 and 4 TD season totals only created 18 and 24 points even though he rushed for 1100 and 1500 yards those years?

Garrett Wilson had a zillion targets last year and caught 95 passes. He had 3 TD's. Worthless.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

As if an Achilles injury is due to age and a death sentence for a QB?

How many 40-year old QBs have made a comeback from this injury in the history of the NFL?  0 

49 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

With this line and the players we have where he can dump the ball off quick, I think he will stay healthy.

It's hard to elaborate against delusions. 

26 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Lol do you make this stuff up?

At first i thought u were cherry picking, so i researching.

Straight up… u might be the worst poster ever. But i cherish you….

1. LAST SEASON THERE WERE 12, not 4, that had more than 600 yards.

2. There are PROBABLY ANOTHER 7 or 8 that almost had 600, like 500 plus yards. I like how you think 600 is elite though….

3. Conlin scored ZERO tds

for perspective, the top 2 or 3 tight ends had 900+ yards and as many as 10 tds. Thats 60 points. Thats 2 games most likely won by 1 player. 

So yea, Conklin is a JAG big time and theres  a part of me that wants to see a classic jet meltdown again this year just to see how fast and hard you turnnon them again lol

The Disease……

I guess garrett wilson is a JAG cause he had 3 tds last year which for a number 1 wideout, is downright awful.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bronx said:

How many 40-year old QBs have made a comeback from this injury in the history of the NFL?  0 

How many starting QBs who were still as talented as Rodgers, were two years off of back to back MVPs had an Achilles to come back from?  

That same zero.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How many starting QBs who were still as talented as Rodgers, were two years off of back to back MVPs had an Achilles to come back from?  

That same zero.  

He will play 3/4 of the games this year max, be prepared for Taylor or the rookie to see at least 25% action this year. 

5 minutes ago, Bronx said:

He will play 3/4 of the games this year max, be prepared for Taylor or the rookie to see at least 25% action this year. 

You mentioned people who are delusional and then you spew nonsense that has no basis as fact, with no factual proof behind it.  

5 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Rodgers might say that's just another hurdle to overcome in making this season truly epic... think we're all banking on that!  What other choice do we have...LOL

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Tight ends that had 600 yards receiving last year:

Pitts, Schultz, Kincaid, Conklin

These arent Jags.  These are solid players.

There is a reason jet fans are known as the dumbest fanbase in sports.  And most of you are proving this.  Congrats!!!!

says the guy who threw in the towel like 5 minutes into the season

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Right.  Zach Wilson sucks but Conky has had 5 different QB's throw him a Football since the last time he scored. 

Meanwhile, Hunter Henry scored 6 TD's w/ the a combo of Mac Jones and Bill Zappee.  Chig from the Titans scored w/ Will Levis throwing him the ball but sure, blame Zach for him being a JAG.

name them

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You mentioned people who are delusional and then you spew nonsense that has no basis as fact, with no factual proof behind it.  

It's call a prediction.  As far as the 40-year old survivability in the NFL, there are no metrics to compare other than the real GOAT Brady. 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Come on.  A three step drop isn't showing you anything.

It was clear watching him play two years ago that he had noticeably declined - it showed in his numbers as well.

Two years later and an achilles tear - tough to expect anything other than substantive continued decline.

I specifically said, it's not just this video.  He moves very well for a 40 year old QB.  I didnt say for a 25 year old.  A 40 year old and I said nothing about his game, just he moves well for a man his age.  Simple and true observation.  

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You say it’s more than a lack of TDs then harp on the lack of TDs.

Yes, very weird.  

Why do you always do this?  I'm not harping on one thing.  Ive called out, numerous things.  You're focused on the one thing.

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

Vinny Testaverde started 15 games and threw for over 3500 yards for the Cowboys in 2004 at 41 years old.

Most NFL rosters:

10 potential stars....fans know their names and wear their jerseys

10 above avg players...fans think these guys are all hall-of-famers, but they're not

10 avg players...fans want these guys cut and replaced every draft

10 jags...fans never heard of them

10 below avg players the team is stuck with, most play special teams

10 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Sure.

Joe Flacco, Mike White, Tim Boyle, Trevor Siemian, Chris Streveler.

That cookie I just earned, I like chocolate chip. 

INCORRECT

Conklin last TD was from Joe Flacco his last game as a JET.  That was last game of 2022 season.  Mike "glass" White and the STREV were not on JETS in 2023

Zach Wilson sucks but Conky has had 5 different QB's throw him a Football since the last time he scored. 

Cookie given,,,,Cookie Taketh Away

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Conklin is fine. It was incredibly stupid to sign both Uzomah and Conklin. 

Something you’re seeing in these practice reports—which is a continuation from last year—is that the QBs seem to be holding the ball too long. A lot of “probably would have been a sack, but…” and “Rodgers/Tyrod escape the pocket and.” The defense is obviously good, but it was a no-pads practice today. Pitch and catch stuff that doesn’t seem to be happening, which is problematic and points to Hackett sucking. Practice? Yes. But it was a trend all last summer and Rodgers ended up getting chased around against the Giants in preseason and then killed by the Bills. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Vinny Testaverde started 15 games and threw for over 3500 yards for the Cowboys in 2004 at 41 years old.

Was he injured the year before?  

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Conklin is fine. It was incredibly stupid to sign both Uzomah and Conklin. 

Something you’re seeing in these practice reports—which is a continuation from last year—is that the QBs seem to be holding the ball too long. A lot of “probably would have been a sack, but…” and “Rodgers/Tyrod escape the pocket and.” The defense is obviously good, but it was a no-pads practice today. Pitch and catch stuff that doesn’t seem to be happening, which is problematic and points to Hackett sucking. Practice? Yes. But it was a trend all last summer and Rodgers ended up getting chased around against the Giants in preseason and then killed by the Bills. 

I think I remember reading a lot af 1st team missing so far. 2nd OL vs. 2nd DL

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Was he injured the year before?  

No he was injured at 37 and then played well a few more years. Your scenario would be almost impossible to replicate. Someone would have to tear an Achilles at 39 and then play at 40. 

23 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

INCORRECT

Conklin last TD was from Joe Flacco his last game as a JET.  That was last game of 2022 season.  Mike "glass" White and the STREV were not on JETS in 2023

Zach Wilson sucks but Conky has had 5 different QB's throw him a Football since the last time he scored. 

Cookie given,,,,Cookie Taketh Away

Sir, I hate to break it you but your information is wrong.  Joe Flacco actually failed to throw a TD in his last game as a JET, the date was 1/9/23 vs. the Dolphins.  Conklin caught 2 passes for 13 yards.

He caught a TD from Flacco, week 1 of the 22 season, the date was 9/11/22 vs. the Ravens.  On 10/30/22, he caught 2 TD's from Zach Wilson vs. the Patriots.  He has not scored since, in 27 games and my list of 5 was accurate because White and Streveler were on the 22 team and both played that season after Wilson was benched. 

I would like a fried Oreo. 

• Haha 2