Predicting the future of *EVERY* NFL Stadium

14:29:

"The next one is MetLife Stadium (sarcastic laugh), opening in 2010, home to the Giants and the Jets.  So this is a brutal stadium located in East Rutherford.  Fans are not a fan of this location and also just the stadium.  It's completely closed off.  It is very bland.  There is nothing special about it.  It is extremely depressing.  And I would guess the Jets probably move out and get their own stadium sometime in the early 2030s.  I'm guessing the stadium gets demolished relatively quickly.  It's already on the verge of being obsolete.  And the Giants will probably stay there but it is an eyesore to look at so I'll say probably gets demolished in 2055, even with the investment they've made into it"

• Haha 3

my guess is there is an agreement to cosmetically change the outside of the stadium to make it more appealing to those that care about asthetics. Look at the mall next to it. For years there were demands to tear it down because of how ugly it is. Finally after about 10 years, they went away from the stupid cosmetic look it had and now it is actually pretty successful.

the other items that bother people are the upper deck being so far away, don't like the inside concourses etc. are there for the duration. A consistent winning product on the field will make those more tolerable.

Short of some type of miracle in finance, that stadium has at least another 20 years left with or without the Jets   

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

"The next one is MetLife Stadium (sarcastic laugh), opening in 2010, home to the Giants and the Jets.  So this is a brutal stadium located in East Rutherford.  Fans are not a fan of this location and also just the stadium.  It's completely closed off.  It is very bland.  There is nothing special about it.  It is extremely depressing.  And I would guess the Jets probably move out and get their own stadium sometime in the early 2030s.  I'm guessing the stadium gets demolished relatively quickly.  It's already on the verge of being obsolete.  And the Giants will probably stay there but it is an eyesore to look at so I'll say probably gets demolished in 2055, even with the investment they've made into it"

Does Woody have Ballmer type money to do this?  

I look at it from a Celtics perspective.  The new owner is going to shell out 5+ billon for a team.  Incur a nice salary tax of 500 million, for one season and then be a tenant at an arena he does not own.  Thus, limiting his ability to the team's incoming money.

Without Ballmer type money, can Woody fund a stadium that is not at least partially subsidized by the state (NY or NJ)?  That is assuming the state would be willing to even do this.  Probably not on both points.  A Chiefs 'stadium tax failed in MO, but passed in KS.  

Is Woody happy with the status quo?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Anyone defending MetLife are season ticket holders with too much pride to acknowledge it absolutely blows.

I'm not sure I'm the one that deserves sympathy 😅 

How much was your PSL? Would you say it was a good investment? 😅

Screenshot_20240712-160316_Chrome.jpg

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I'm not sure I'm the one that deserves sympathy 😅 

How much was your PSL? Would you say it was a good investment? 😅

Screenshot_20240712-160316_Chrome.jpg

Some of us like go to Jets games; others like to watch Fox News and take selfies whilst kayaking in central Connecticut.  Different strokes for different folks, as @SAR I would say.

6 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Some of us like go to Jets games; others like to watch Fox News and take selfies whilst kayaking in central Connecticut.  Different strokes for different folks, as @SAR I would say.

It doesn't take much to figure out that I don't live in central CT 😅 But keep on trying to dox me! You're doing great 🤡 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

It doesn't take much to figure out that I don't live in central CT 😅 But keep on trying to dox me! You're doing great 🤡 

14 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Is trying to dox someone (as misguided as it is) something that is tolerated on this site?

Fox News? Really? If you charged me even $20 a month, the rent free space I take up in your head would pay for your kid's education. 

On 7/11/2024 at 10:12 AM, nj meadowlands said:

Let me fast forward this thread.

• MetLife Sucks
  • Jets should opt out and move to Queens
  • Queens sucks and is a nightmare, you're crazy
  • F*** Sheldon Silver
  • Log Cabin Kayakers offer 2 cents that no one asked for

*Updated*

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

*Updated*

What's the plan when it comes time to tell your children that you blew their college fund on Jets PSL's? And to make matters worse you rented out space in your head rent free. #sad

MetLife Stadium is what happens when you have 2 ownership groups that can't stand one another with very different visions about what they wanted their new stadium to be. 

The design was the result of compromise guaranteed to make no one happy.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

What's the plan when it comes time to tell your children that you blew their college fund on Jets PSL's? And to make matters worse you rented out space in your head rent free. #sad

"Rent free" and "#sad" 😂

You're definitely the kind of guy who uses the word "woke" unironically

• WTF? 1

20 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Buying a PSL for that dump is akin to buying into FTX.

FTX stock holders got bamboozled by HoF QB Tom Brady. Jet PSL owners for bamboozled by Sam Darnold. Yikes!

7 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

"Rent free" and "#sad" 😂

You're definitely the kind of guy who uses the word "woke" unironically

"I'm sorry son. Papa thought a personal seat license was a good investment."

"Really? Worse than investing in a Art History degree??"

"Mistake were made "

• Haha 1

Just now, bicketybam said:

"I'm sorry son. Papa thought a personal seat license was a good investment."

"Really? Worse than investing in a Art History degree??"

"Mistake were made "

"Rent FreeEeEe" and yet you're spending your Friday afternoon strafing the board with non-stop garbage.  What an overgrown, goatee'd child you are lol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

"Rent FreeEeEe" and yet you're spending your Friday afternoon strafing the board with non-stop garbage.  What an overgrown, goatee'd child you are lol.

Just be nice and I'll kick in a few bucks for the practice stripper pole.

3 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Anyone defending MetLife are season ticket holders with too much pride to acknowledge it absolutely blows.

I do think there is another side to this and I am in no way being argumentative or defending

some and I am in this group simply don’t care what the stadium looks like or what amenities it may/ may not have

i go to watch football. Hopefully winning football and the fact it looks like an ac unit or if it looked like the proposed west side stadium would have no bearing on the play on the field

psl’s always come up but most and again I am in this group simply looked at them as the price of doing business to have the same seats game over game

never as an investment.

none of the above makes me right or wrong - simply a diff view

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

I do think there is another side to this and I am in no way being argumentative or defending

some and I am in this group simply don’t care what the stadium looks like or what amenities it may/ may not have

i go to watch football. Hopefully winning football and the fact it looks like an ac unit or if it looked like the proposed west side stadium would have no bearing on the play on the field

psl’s always come up but most and again I am in this group simply looked at them as the price of doing business to have the same seats game over game

never as an investment.

As I always say and feel... the stadium looks great from my seats at games.  That's when it counts.

• Upvote 1

never as an investment.
I can understand this ... And some guys ...the psls are grains of sand in their hourglass bank accounts.

But for the other 99.9%. .. we feel like it's a bit steep of a price to pay ... Like dying of thirst in the desert and having to buy the last bottle of Poland spring for $5000. I guess the bottle woukd be worth it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, y2k8 said:

MetLife Stadium is what happens when you have 2 ownership groups that can't stand one another with very different visions about what they wanted their new stadium to be. 

The design was the result of compromise guaranteed to make no one happy.

The Jets’ and Giants’ locker rooms are identical in size, right down to the square inch, so at least they got that done.