“I love Davante Adams. I can’t wait to play with him… again.”

10 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Dan Orlovsky doesn't have a great track record with his predictions.

I don't believe that the Jets will trade for Adams or Aiyuk this year, with our CAP situation being what it is.

Plus we have guys like Sauce, Michael Carter II & Garrett Wilson to think about.

I think the odds are slim too. But if we truly are all in... wouldn't you rather see us risk a deal like this. Then not?

I also think we are one of the only situations where Adams would renegotiate his contract. Remember he wasn't in the NFL when GB won that SB. He wants a ring and knows he only has a couple years left at a high level. It taking a significant pay cut helps that. He likely does it. He's made plenty of money already.

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think the odds are slim too. But if we truly are all in... wouldn't you rather see us risk a deal like this. Then not?

I also think we are one of the only situations where Adams would renegotiate his contract. Remember he wasn't in the NFL when GB won that SB. He wants a ring and knows he only has a couple years left at a high level. It taking a significant pay cut helps that. He likely does it. He's made plenty of money already.

I really don't believe it's the right move for us,

I don't think the Jets have the resources to get this trade done, without risking the future of some of our own young stars.

That said, trading for Adams, at this point in his career, is not a recipe for sustained, long term success.

We all want to "win now" and I think we have the roster to do it, if everybody can stay relatively healthy.

While I'm not sold on Hackett as our OC, I think a healthy Rodgers will more than make up for his short-comings.

"I'm actively on the Raiders. What do I look like sitting here talking to other people about being on another team? And that's how I still feel about it right now," Adams said. "I'm locked in with the Raiders, and I really feel good about this team, and as far as I know they feel good about me.

"If that ever changes, if that got to a point where they weren't feeling the same way, I ain't done playing, so obviously we would figure out whatever we needed to figure out."

9 minutes ago, Claymation said:

"I'm actively on the Raiders. What do I look like sitting here talking to other people about being on another team? And that's how I still feel about it right now," Adams said. "I'm locked in with the Raiders, and I really feel good about this team, and as far as I know they feel good about me.

"If that ever changes, if that got to a point where they weren't feeling the same way, I ain't done playing, so obviously we would figure out whatever we needed to figure out."

Maaaybe at the deadline if the Raiders are going nowhere and we are in the mix?

However, if we are in the mix and Mike Williams is ballin like he can when he is healthy, this isn't going to happen. It depends on how things shake out. I think we'd need a perfect storm to get this done and it doesn't sound like it would happen before the season. 

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Jets send 2025 3rd + Lazard -> Niners

Niners Send Aiyuk -> Raiders

Raiders Send Adams -> Jets

LFG

so Kyle Shanahan is going to accept a future 3rd rounder that does nothing to help his team this season and a trashy WR with a bad contract (who isn't even good enough to make his 53) in exchange for his WR1?

🤣😂

If the Jets were really going to make this move the time to have made it was back in March before they spent $10 million on Mike Williams to be the number 2 in the offense once healthy. Adding Adams to the offense likely makes Williams irrelevant leaving the Jets with two expensive paperweights at receiver (Allan Lazard being the other).

I don’t think it makes a ton of sense to do this trade now. Let the season begin to play out and see how your offense looks with Wilson at the number 1 and Williams, if healthy, as the 2. If things don’t look great begin exploring trades. It would likely cost a lot to pry Adams away from the Raiders in August (one would think they would like to see how their offense plays with Adams in a key role) and that price, along with the salary cap space needed, is going to lower as the year goes on assuming the Raiders are not competitive. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Larz said:

If the Jets were really going to make this move the time to have made it was back in March before they spent $10 million on Mike Williams to be the number 2 in the offense once healthy. Adding Adams to the offense likely makes Williams irrelevant leaving the Jets with two expensive paperweights at receiver (Allan Lazard being the other).

I don’t think it makes a ton of sense to do this trade now. Let the season begin to play out and see how your offense looks with Wilson at the number 1 and Williams, if healthy, as the 2. If things don’t look great begin exploring trades. It would likely cost a lot to pry Adams away from the Raiders in August (one would think they would like to see how their offense plays with Adams in a key role) and that price, along with the salary cap space needed, is going to lower as the year goes on assuming the Raiders are not competitive. 

Great post.  Throw in the fact that he is not available via trade and its a less than 0 scenario.

52 minutes ago, Larz said:

Jason weighs in 

I disagree with his assessment of Williams becoming a paper weight in this scenario. Lazard yes, but he kind of already is. I'd try to move him to get cap space even if we have to send a 7th or something to someone with him.

Williams and Adams would be outside receivers with Wilson in the slot. Good luck to opposing defenses there.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I disagree with his assessment of Williams becoming a paper weight in this scenario. Lazard yes, but he kind of already is. I'd try to move him to get cap space even if we have to send a 7th or something to someone with him.

Williams and Adams would be outside receivers with Wilson in the slot. Good luck to opposing defenses there.

This 

22 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

This is just a guy being a good teammate. We’ve seen WRs do this with us for years. Good teammates don’t talk badly about each other. Garrett Wilson talked highly of Zach Wilson when he had to know he sucked. But it’s just an unwritten rule to not talk bad about teammates. Especially a WR to his QB. Bc then he won’t get the ball.

It’s 1 thing to think Adams isn’t getting traded. But to think it’s bc he likes OConnell and Minshew is laughable. 

Adams has 90 million reasons to praise O’Connell

• Upvote 1

If we trade for Adams it’s about $17 million cap hit we incur for 2024.  The raiders will want a big time offer (1x Future First and a 2nd)

Jets currently have $6.1 million in cap space.  They would have to get creative to create another $11 million which would mean cutting Conklin and cutting Morgan Moses.  We could sign a dirt cheap JAG TE like Geoff Swaim to replace Conklin.  Olu Fashanu move to RT where he would start immediately and either move Warren to backup LT and/or sign David Bakhtiari to a cheap 1 year deal.  Jets could even throw in Mike Williams as part of the trade package which saves about another $1 million in cap room.

Adams’ contract situation > Aiyuk

Adams has 3 years left on his deal. Really our window is only 2 years anyway.  Adding Adams insures we have the best WR duo in the NFL and gives us long term cap flexibility to lock up GW and Reddick.  As opposed to having to give Aiyuk a monster 5 year $120 million + extension 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

If we trade for Adams it’s about $17 million cap hit we incur for 2024.  The raiders will want a big time offer (1x Future First and a 2nd)

Jets currently have $6.1 million in cap space.  They would have to get creative to create another $11 million which would mean cutting Conklin and cutting Morgan Moses.  We could sign a dirt cheap JAG TE like Geoff Swaim to replace Conklin.  Olu Fashanu move to RT where he would start immediately and either move Warren to backup LT and/or sign David Bakhtiari to a cheap 1 year deal.  Jets could even throw in Mike Williams as part of the trade package which saves about another $1 million in cap room.

Adams’ contract situation > Aiyuk

Adams has 3 years left on his deal. Really our window is only 2 years anyway.  Adding Adams insures we have the best WR duo in the NFL and gives us long term cap flexibility to lock up GW and Reddick.  As opposed to having to give Aiyuk a monster 5 year $120 million + extension 

giphy.webp

• Upvote 1

On 7/18/2024 at 1:15 AM, Rich Thornburgh said:

Adams has 90 million reasons to praise O’Connell

If this was true why did  say the things about Jimmy G.  Who he liked personally but was a crappy Qb getting him killed every week.     Right there shows what you saying isn’t true.  
again when A Connell can set his feet is one of the most  accurate Qb around .  Fact.  For the people who don’t know football they use bogus stat to claim this isn’t true.  Well the best Qb Patrick Mahomes looked like crap too against the Raiders because they were getting to Mahomes all game with their pass rush.    You hit a Qb enough, and even p Mahomes going to look like Zach Wilson.

On 7/17/2024 at 4:34 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Jets send 2025 3rd + Lazard -> Niners

Niners Send Aiyuk -> Raiders

Raiders Send Adams -> Jets

LFG

No one wants a Lazard - not  even for  a used football.   Why would any team especially the 49ers want him.   Some of you Jet fans are delusional .    

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Spoken like a dude who’s perfectly happy going 3-14 next year because he has a nice twenty minute commute to get home after games.

Raiders won eight games last year .  Beat the snot out of Super Bowl champs . They are significantly better on both sides of the ball.  You didn’t win eight games again but you’re going to the Super Bowl.    Football doesn’t work bring in a whole bunch of new players .  Like the teams who overspend every year in freeagency , and the team that spent the most always fall short.    There thing called chemistry and cohesiveness.   Raiders went from 28 oldest offense line last year to third youngest this year.  Unlike the Jets this group outside of stud rookie G  Jackson powers Johnson have played a lot together 

7 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

If this was true why did  say the things about Jimmy G.  Who he liked personally but was a crappy Qb getting him killed every week.     Right there shows what you saying isn’t true.  
again when A Connell can set his feet is one of the most  accurate Qb around .  Fact.  For the people who don’t know football they use bogus stat to claim this isn’t true.  Well the best Qb Patrick Mahomes looked like crap too against the Raiders because they were getting to Mahomes all game with their pass rush.    You hit a Qb enough, and even p Mahomes going to look like Zach Wilson.

Please don’t mock Zach Wilson.  You are violating my safe space 

On 7/17/2024 at 6:38 PM, Raideraholic said:

Dude you’re getting comical now.

Do you really think he’s going to say publicly that his QBs suck? Of course not. Fans of all the other 31 teams just have to watch and see and know they suck. So it’s not really a matter of someone’s opinion. Bc it’s only Raider fans who actually think either of these guys are good.

Let me put this in real life for you….

You don’t like your supervisor. There’s an award ceremony at your work and you get an award and are asked some questions in front of your whole work force. One question being how do you feel about your supervisor. Are you going to get up and speak the truth about your feelings about your supervisor? I highly doubt it. You’ll likely give a very political answer. Similar to what Adams did. You don’t bite the hand that feeds you. And that analogy is spot on. Because it’s Minshew or OConnell feeding him the ball. So it’s not smart for him to trash them. Nothing positive could come from that. Even if he wants out. Trashing a QB is a bad look. And he’s smart enough to know that. 

• Haha 1

totally loves the Raiders current QB's

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/davante-adams-wants-tom-brady-as-his-qb-with-the-raiders

Adams didn’t let Shannon Sharpe finish his question about Brady unretiring to play for the Raiders when Adams enthusiastically said, “Hell, yes.”

“Look, Tom know how I feel about him, man,” Adams said on the Club Shay Shay podcast, via Sam Neumann of awfulannouncing.com. “And the other part is I think I’d be the first person that played with Tom and Aaron, so that would be pretty cool. I mean, he’s getting older, but he got to still be able to throw it better than half these dudes in the league.”

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Dude you’re getting comical now.

Do you really think he’s going to say publicly that his QBs suck? Of course not. Fans of all the other 31 teams just have to watch and see and know they suck. So it’s not really a matter of someone’s opinion. Bc it’s only Raider fans who actually think either of these guys are good.

Let me put this in real life for you….

You don’t like your supervisor. There’s an award ceremony at your work and you get an award and are asked some questions in front of your whole work force. One question being how do you feel about your supervisor. Are you going to get up and speak the truth about your feelings about your supervisor? I highly doubt it. You’ll likely give a very political answer. Similar to what Adams did. You don’t bite the hand that feeds you. And that analogy is spot on. Because it’s Minshew or OConnell feeding him the ball. So it’s not smart for him to trash them. Nothing positive could come from that. Even if he wants out. Trashing a QB is a bad look. And he’s smart enough to know that. 

No you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about.  Only reason why anyone talking about this because they saw the Netflix series and D Adams comments about Jimmy g .  Every Raider fan saw how bad Jimmy G was last year , and the shots D Adams was taking each week because of Jimmy G.   ( bet he was playing hurt all last  year)   You’re a fool if you don’t understand that A O’Connell ( was third string) got the starting job because D Adams believe in him.   He knew he was the best qb on the roster .        Everyone making like this is happening now.  It’s not. Jimmy G isn’t even  on the roster .        Gardner Minshew has no chance to win the starting job , d Adams sees him another Jimmy G.    He’s firmly behind a O’Connell  as his qb.        Luke Getsy got the Raider Oc job because of D Adams .      D Adams will have his best season ever next year because he’s going to play a lot in the slot .    Josh Mcdaniels / Raiders his routes averaged about 12 yards deep, where in Green Bay it was more 9 yard routes .( large yac)    

19 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You can’t be that stupid , can you.   Let’s see the GOAt at qb that won 7 championships and experienced old veteran that seen every possible defense . Versus a second year qb .   Again are you retarded.   Hope I don’t have to explain that one.

Two things can be true.   Loves A O’Connell game but rather go with the veteran qb who’s done it already . What wr wouldn’t want to play with Brady.  I bet a lot Jets skill players if they had there choice would chose Tom Brady over A Rodgers.     Ones  the Goat, and other couldn’t hold his jock strap.   6 more rings .( would like be the Giant player saying I don’t know who you’re A Rodgers.    What could a Rodgers say to Brady,  nothing without making a fool out of himself.

9 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders won eight games last year .  Beat the snot out of Super Bowl champs . They are significantly better on both sides of the ball.  You didn’t win eight games again but you’re going to the Super Bowl.    Football doesn’t work bring in a whole bunch of new players .  Like the teams who overspend every year in freeagency , and the team that spent the most always fall short.    There thing called chemistry and cohesiveness.   Raiders went from 28 oldest offense line last year to third youngest this year.  Unlike the Jets this group outside of stud rookie G  Jackson powers Johnson have played a lot together 

How many wins will the Raiders have at the bye week?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Drums said:

How many wins will the Raiders have at the bye week?

I don’t know but I know they will be a playoff team in 2024 .  This team will be in any game they play , versus s any team.  This is very deep talented team on both sides of the football.   Top kicking game . Top coaching staff - from top to bottom.

Stupid thing I heard last week was you guess fromJet fan Mike Greenberg -  Raiders are starting from scratch D Adams will be a Jet.  Ask Andy Reid or T Kelce if that’s the case.   Every Raider laughed at that one big time.    This team is tight and they been busting there arse together since last season ended .  75 % of the guys been working out together by themselves in the Raiders facility. This is the most talented Raider team since their 2002 Super Bowl team. 

There are three question marks they have left number 2 cb ( jakorian Bennett- favorite to nail that job has it all second season.   If not they have 35 million to bring a veteran in. Rb - again Zamir white was very effective down the stretch - have see him do it a full year,  Qb - obviously .   

11 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Adams is waiting for the day to escape.  That much is clear.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Adams is waiting for the day to escape.  That much is clear.

Says you but  D Adams says different .   You can get your hopes up but again you going to be severely disappointed . Why do you keep doing this to yourself.   No one wants to play for the jets unless they want to cash in on  a last paycheck.