Didn’t see this posted: Aaron Rodgers mad at Saleh for calling his absence unexcused?

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Robert Saleh: I’m very upset about these Zach Wilson leaks

Joe Beningo: Saleh was just on da phone with me sayin that he wants Zach Wilson dead and if I knows anyone who can make it happen. I was three under for the day at Pinehurst when he’s tellin me dis. 

Not enough “Bro”s

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, PositiveJetFan said:

Aaron to Saleh: 

Aaron: Hey Coach I’ll be missing minicamp. Heading to Egypt that week on a plan trip 

Saleh: Um, ok. You do know it’s a mandatory camp so you are subject to a fine if you miss it 

Aaron: Haha, yea go ahead fine me. That’s a good one. I’m really excited to see the pyramids, I’ll bring you back a souvenir.

Saleh: Um, thanks but…

Aaron: BTW, I’ve written down some plays that I want the team to run while I’m gone. Can you please ensure Nathanial has them? Ok, I got to run. Have a good time at practice. 

Welcome to 2024 where employees manage their bosses and work on their own terms. 

Get some help or get back on your meds.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s ridiculous on its face because, as everyone knows, Aaron Rodgers is not one bit overly sensitive to even the most tangential criticisms of his words or actions, nor does he actively engage in scenarios that would incur those types of soft critiques. This is a man who’s shown himself to be a loyal, compliant, low-maintenance soldier to each his coaches over the years, and I can’t imagine him doubting the tactics of a head coach with the sterling resume of Robert Saleh, who—if nothing else—has shown a deft and nuanced understanding of how to interact with media sources. Cast Russini into the void, I say. 

She’s not gonna sleep with you. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

In my estimation it seems like Saleh doesn’t have any issue pushing back at Woody behind closed doors. 

I expect he will have a lot to say in the weeks/months after he is fired.  Will be juicy for sure.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Haha Russini! She makes everything up. Let’s revisit all those insidious lies she told about the hugely successful and very well run 2024 NY Jets!

1. Those sources described a team riddled with excuse-making, a paranoid head coach, an ill-equipped offensive coordinator and an organizational tunnel vision on the quarterback that rubbed some teammates wrong.

2. when Rodgers became available, Johnson was starstruck — again.

To woo the four-time All-Pro, the owner approved the hiring of Hackett on Jan. 26. Rodgers won MVP awards in 2020 and 2021 after Hackett was hired as the Packers’ coordinator in 2019, and the quarterback developed a close friendship with the coach.

3.The Jets made Rodgers comfortable in other ways, pursuing some of his former Green Bay teammates and other friends in free agency before he officially joined the team in April

4. The quarterback stuck around for offseason workouts, a rarity when he was with the Packers. On the field and in meetings, he put everything he had into changing the culture of the organization. 

5. New York’s talented defensive line consistently outplayed them in practice. Growing pains were expected in a new offense full of new personnel, but one coach said it was concerning how little urgency Hackett and his staff showed in trying to fix it, saying he’d never seen a team watch less practice tape in training camp than the Jets did with Hackett.

6. During games, Hackett struggled to make adjustments. Against the Dallas Cowboysin Week 2, Carter asked Hackett to give left tackle Duane Brown more help blocking Cowboys star pass rusher Micah Parsons, according to multiple team sources. But Hackett never adjusted, and Parsons dominated (two sacks, four QB hits) in a 30-10 loss.

7. In Week 6, Rodgers started flying in from California for games and was an active voice on the sideline headsets, offering opinions and ideas along with Hackett and the other offensive coaches before flying back to California the next day. 

8. The Jets finished the season ranked last in third down conversions, red zone offense and total offensive EPA, 31st in total yards, 30th in offensive points per game and 30th in passing yards. They scored 10 offensive touchdowns in their first 12 games — and 18 total in 17 games.

9. Hackett will return as the offensive coordinator in 2024, though team and league sources say Saleh has explored adding to the offensive staff and creating a more collaborative play-calling process that would reduce Hackett’s role

10. In the aftermath of Rodgers’ injury, Saleh bemoaned his bad luck. Throughout his tenure, he has often wondered aloud if he was doomed to the same fate as Vic Fangio, a brilliant defensive coach cursed by misfortune at quarterback. Fangio was fired by the Broncos in 2021 after three seasons and a 19-30 record despite building an elite defense. Saleh’s Jets — and his elite defense, ranked No. 1 in 2023 by PFF— are 18-33 in his three years as coach.

11.  Publicly, Saleh avoided criticizing Zach Wilson or even acknowledging his struggles. Privately, the coach pinned many of the team’s offensive issues on Wilson, the line and the receivers and told people getting to eight wins with Wilson at quarterback would be a “miracle.”

12. But in the days before the Falcons game, Saleh reversed course and told Wilson to start practicing as if he might play again. He did not play against Atlanta, but after the Jets lost, Wilson knew they were considering starting him again. He expressed reluctance about returning to play and said he would politely decline if asked, based on his previous conversation with Saleh and fears of getting injured behind the Jets’ makeshift offensive line.

13. As Rodgers was pushing the limits of torn Achilles rehab, determined to return in a little over three months — an unprecedented recovery time for that injury — Wilson, along with some Jets teammates and coaches, grew tired of the way Saleh fawned over Rodgers, according to team sources.

14. “That’s a problem with the organization,” Rodgers said on “The Pat McAfee Show.” “We need to get to the bottom of whatever this is coming from and put a stop to it privately, because there’s no place in a winning culture … and this isn’t the only time. There’s been a bunch of other leaks

15. That sent Saleh into a tailspin. The coach held a meeting with his staff two days later where he asked the leaker to reveal himself, according to multiple people in attendance. “If you come forward now, you won’t get in trouble,” he told them while threatening to take their cell phones. Staffers were bemused by Saleh’s obsession with the Wilson story and his reaction to it.

16. Some of the stuff in the offseason with Aaron, with ‘Hard Knocks,’ I feel like we lost track of some things,” star cornerback Sauce Gardner said, adding, “When there’s a lot of cameras and a lot of stuff going on, you can lose track of the main thing. At the end of the day, we still got to win.”

I get that Russini is far too obsessed with Rodgers, but the dismissal of her piece with Rosenblatt was the most hilariously hypocritical thing I've ever seen.

Every response was "Oh my god she's such a liar, and it's not like everything she said wasn't already super obvious".

Ummmm.....

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Haha Russini! She makes everything up. Let’s revisit all those insidious lies she told about the hugely successful and very well run 2024 NY Jets!
1. Those sources described a team riddled with excuse-making, a paranoid head coach, an ill-equipped offensive coordinator and an organizational tunnel vision on the quarterback that rubbed some teammates wrong.

2. when Rodgers became available, Johnson was starstruck — again.

To woo the four-time All-Pro, the owner approved the hiring of Hackett on Jan. 26. Rodgers won MVP awards in 2020 and 2021 after Hackett was hired as the Packers’ coordinator in 2019, and the quarterback developed a close friendship with the coach.

3.The Jets made Rodgers comfortable in other ways, pursuing some of his former Green Bay teammates and other friends in free agency before he officially joined the team in April

4. The quarterback stuck around for offseason workouts, a rarity when he was with the Packers. On the field and in meetings, he put everything he had into changing the culture of the organization. 

5. New York’s talented defensive line consistently outplayed them in practice. Growing pains were expected in a new offense full of new personnel, but one coach said it was concerning how little urgency Hackett and his staff showed in trying to fix it, saying he’d never seen a team watch less practice tape in training camp than the Jets did with Hackett.

6. During games, Hackett struggled to make adjustments. Against the Dallas Cowboysin Week 2, Carter asked Hackett to give left tackle Duane Brown more help blocking Cowboys star pass rusher Micah Parsons, according to multiple team sources. But Hackett never adjusted, and Parsons dominated (two sacks, four QB hits) in a 30-10 loss.

7. In Week 6, Rodgers started flying in from California for games and was an active voice on the sideline headsets, offering opinions and ideas along with Hackett and the other offensive coaches before flying back to California the next day. 

8. The Jets finished the season ranked last in third down conversions, red zone offense and total offensive EPA, 31st in total yards, 30th in offensive points per game and 30th in passing yards. They scored 10 offensive touchdowns in their first 12 games — and 18 total in 17 games.

9. Hackett will return as the offensive coordinator in 2024, though team and league sources say Saleh has explored adding to the offensive staff and creating a more collaborative play-calling process that would reduce Hackett’s role

10. In the aftermath of Rodgers’ injury, Saleh bemoaned his bad luck. Throughout his tenure, he has often wondered aloud if he was doomed to the same fate as Vic Fangio, a brilliant defensive coach cursed by misfortune at quarterback. Fangio was fired by the Broncos in 2021 after three seasons and a 19-30 record despite building an elite defense. Saleh’s Jets — and his elite defense, ranked No. 1 in 2023 by PFF— are 18-33 in his three years as coach.

11.  Publicly, Saleh avoided criticizing Zach Wilson or even acknowledging his struggles. Privately, the coach pinned many of the team’s offensive issues on Wilson, the line and the receivers and told people getting to eight wins with Wilson at quarterback would be a “miracle.”

12. But in the days before the Falcons game, Saleh reversed course and told Wilson to start practicing as if he might play again. He did not play against Atlanta, but after the Jets lost, Wilson knew they were considering starting him again. He expressed reluctance about returning to play and said he would politely decline if asked, based on his previous conversation with Saleh and fears of getting injured behind the Jets’ makeshift offensive line.

13. As Rodgers was pushing the limits of torn Achilles rehab, determined to return in a little over three months — an unprecedented recovery time for that injury — Wilson, along with some Jets teammates and coaches, grew tired of the way Saleh fawned over Rodgers, according to team sources.

14. “That’s a problem with the organization,” Rodgers said on “The Pat McAfee Show.” “We need to get to the bottom of whatever this is coming from and put a stop to it privately, because there’s no place in a winning culture … and this isn’t the only time. There’s been a bunch of other leaks

15. That sent Saleh into a tailspin. The coach held a meeting with his staff two days later where he asked the leaker to reveal himself, according to multiple people in attendance. “If you come forward now, you won’t get in trouble,” he told them while threatening to take their cell phones. Staffers were bemused by Saleh’s obsession with the Wilson story and his reaction to it.

16. Some of the stuff in the offseason with Aaron, with ‘Hard Knocks,’ I feel like we lost track of some things,” star cornerback Sauce Gardner said, adding, “When there’s a lot of cameras and a lot of stuff going on, you can lose track of the main thing. At the end of the day, we still got to win.”

tl;dnr

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I get that Russini is far too obsessed with Rodgers, but the dismissal of her piece with Rosenblatt was the most hilariously hypocritical thing I've ever seen.

Every response was "Oh my god she's such a liar, and it's not like everything she said wasn't already super obvious".

Ummmm.....

The weird thing is it wasn’t even that interesting! Just the normal stuff that comes from bad teams. Manish used to dredge up more salacious info on an average Thursday in training camp. I think Jets fans were just mad bc they’ve been spoiled by the entire beat crew going belly up for the Jets in return for the team giving them some better catering options and shorter practices. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, AFJF said:

Ummmm.....

You mean Zach Wilson really didn’t want to play?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:

OMG, how are they ever going to move past this?   

Did you gals catch last nights episode of Real House Wives?   It was drama packed!  Someone said something and then someone said they actually said something else and then somebody was like, OMG, can you believe they dont communicate better?  It was super duper serious. 

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh the part of the preseason where the real ball-knowers point out that nothing that happens now will matter if the New York Jets simply play expert level football for 23 consecutive weeks and win the Super Bowl. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

41 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You mean Zach Wilson really didn’t want to play?

That’s absurd. I read on this very website that Zach Wilson was super-invested in the team and was a big team guy who always put the team first.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh the part of the preseason where the real ball-knowers point out that nothing that happens now will matter if the New York Jets simply play expert level football for 23 consecutive weeks and win the Super Bowl. 

What exactly is happening or not happening according to this 2011 level troll job story ?

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That’s absurd. I read on this very website that Zach Wilson was super-invested in the team and was a big team guy who always put the team first.

You’re obsessed. Move on. Just don’t move on to asking questions about Rodgers either. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Football junkie! Off platform domination! Live arm! Wanna buy a bridge? 

• Haha 2