Garrett Wilson’$ Next Contract Going UP! DJ Moore Signs New Deal

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt but if Joe lets either of them slip away? 

F65802CC-1436-429A-9CA1-7D0EAE83A8CD.gif

He wont.  Those are cornerstone guys he drafted.  Garret, Sauce and Breece will all be signed as long as they stay great and healthy.

• Upvote 2

There's a reason (Hot Seat) Joe was approved to sign only one year contracts. Therefore it could be the job of another GM to lock down Wilson. 

I would hold off on Wilson and priority Sauce and Breece Hall next off season. There a consensus on Sauce being the number 1 CB in the league so there's no reason to wait after year 3. 

37 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

There's a reason (Hot Seat) Joe was approved to sign only one year contracts. Therefore it could be the job of another GM to lock down Wilson. 

I would hold off on Wilson and priority Sauce and Breece Hall next off season. There a consensus on Sauce being the number 1 CB in the league so there's no reason to wait after year 3. 

Wilson is our most valuable player on offense by far.  Sauce can be traded for picks — we did that with Revis

5 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Wilson is our most valuable player on offense by far.  Sauce can be traded for picks — we did that with Revis

We are not trading our cornerstone players for picks.  Garrett, Breece and Sauce will all big signed to the big time contracts they deserve.

Jets fans dont seem to understand that its a blessing to pay the stud players you drafted.  Its not a negative.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Woody handpicked him.  I wouldn’t be shocked if his contract was worth even more

I'd trade him before any of that nonsense .  Got the best of him .  Trade him after the season.  Let's see 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We are not trading our cornerstone players for picks.  Garrett, Breece and Sauce will all big signed to the big time contracts they deserve.

Jets fans dont seem to understand that it’s a blessing to pay the stud players you drafted.  It’s not a negative.

Paying every non-bust is how you end up in cap hell

26 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Aaaron Rodgers cap hit 2026.....63 million dollars  22.2% of the cap

Sorry we cannot afford our young stars.......Quinnen and Aaron are eating the cap like pac man.

Than you joe Douglas thank you!

Where did you get that number??

Edit: I see two different numbers

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/3745/aaron-rodgers

https://overthecap.com/player

27 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

When each one of them is getting $25-30 mil they become everyone according to the salary cap

No they dont.  The cap is a sham anyway.  

I know you cant be positive about anything but these guys will all be jets long term as long as they stay healthy and productive.

Accept it Thorny!!!!!!

25 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Wow that is a dumb contract. Id be happy to pay Wilson that though 

What didnt make sense is he has 2 years left on his deal.  The bears did not need to do this right now.  Stupid franchises do stupid things.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Aaaron Rodgers cap hit 2026.....63 million dollars  22.2% of the cap

Sorry we cannot afford our young stars.......Quinnen and Aaron are eating the cap like pac man.

Than you joe Douglas thank you!

Ever heard of Weimar republic? The cap is going to be $1 billion per team by 2026 so only 6.3%

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Ever heard of Weimar republic? The cap is going to be $1 billion per team by 2026 so only 6.3%

Only jet fans could turn something like “having great players that are so good they will require to be paid” into a negative.

You just cannot make this up.

• Haha 2

Only jet fans could turn something like “having great players that are so good they will require to be paid” into a negative.
You just cannot make this up.
We all love these homegrown stars ... It's just too bad the Jets were so bad they drafted them all in the same year. .. and still don't have a QB1 under 40.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If so, then Sauce needs to line up across from opponents #1 ALL game….. like Revis.

Breece needs a HUUUGE year to approach McCaffrey $

Garrett, with the importance of his position, will get a top 5 contract if he goes off this season. 

8 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Screenshot_20240731_120637_DuckDuckGo.jpg

13 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

4 Year $110 mil deal with $82.6m Guaranteed 

Should have started a poll:

'Breaking news: Jets just signed player to 4 yr, $110 mill deal'

'Who did they sign?

AVT

DJ Reed

Hasson Reddick

99.9% of JN would have said Hasson Reddick. This is exactly the $ Reddick is looking for.

11 hours ago, FootballLove said:

...add Jermain Johnson along with Sauce, Garrett, and Breece. Plus AVT. And maybe Reddick. Plus new QB?

Let's all hope Will McDonald sucks so we don't have to pay him! 🤣

Really? 

This guy has skipped out on the entire off-season program up to this point.

We can't even get Reddick to honor his current contract and you think he's going to get another contract?

• Upvote 3