Vegas has the Jets O/U at 9.5 wins this year. What say you?

Vegas has the Jets O/U at 9.5 wins this year  

79 members have voted

1. 1. This is simple. Do the Jets go Over or Under 9 1/2 wins in 2024

2 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

100%.  This defense is designed to protect leads.  

The other factor here and it's kind of wild to think about because he's so good but how much better can Breece Hall be w/ a QB who actually threatens a defense and a massively upgraded OL?  When the Jets are able to put G. Wil, Mike Wil and Lazard on the field together, they will have options across the LOS who can beat you long w/ a QB who can find them and deliver it on time and accurately and/or if they run it, they have strong willing blockers in the run game....it literally, changes everything.  

I get it, there are doubts about Rodgers age and coming off injury but I dont think he's suddenly going to make bad decisions and not have one of the strongest most accurate arms in all of the NFL.  He holds the best all time TD/INT ratio for a reason and I dont think he's lost that because he had a fluke injury last year.

Absolutely. It does seem Breece is getting the respect he deserves a bit though being that in most pre FF lists he's RB2. Garrett seems to be getting respect as well being anywhere between WR5-10 for most.

For me I think Breece finishes as RB1 and I think GW for sure has a top 5 WR season. The x factor for me is Mike Williams. He's ranked for WRs very low bc he's coming off injury and is an injury risk even when he goes with how often he has a lingering smaller injuries. But when he's out there he is a top 20 type guy. You could argue a low end #1.

And obviously the OL being a great unit is a HUGE thing. And there's depth there as well. Which should be taken into consideration when thinking of ARs season he should have as well as Breece's.

Rodgers rubs A LOT of people the wrong way and that's why most non Jet fans and even a decent amount of Jets fans don't "like" or "trust" him. But over his career he's been a lot more of an ironman than a injury prone guy. Lots of other QBs who miss a lot more time than he has, don't have this label he does coming into this season. And for me that's a combo of that it was so early in a national televised game last year after every day for 4 months all people heard on sports shows was about him. His age and how he rubs people wrong. But I don't care about any of that. I care what he does on the field. And on the field he stays healthy and is an elite passer and decision maker IMO.

59 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

100%.  This defense is designed to protect leads.  

The other factor here and it's kind of wild to think about because he's so good but how much better can Breece Hall be w/ a QB who actually threatens a defense and a massively upgraded OL?  When the Jets are able to put G. Wil, Mike Wil and Lazard on the field together, they will have options across the LOS who can beat you long w/ a QB who can find them and deliver it on time and accurately and/or if they run it, they have strong willing blockers in the run game....it literally, changes everything.  

I get it, there are doubts about Rodgers age and coming off injury but I dont think he's suddenly going to make bad decisions and not have one of the strongest most accurate arms in all of the NFL.  He holds the best all time TD/INT ratio for a reason and I dont think he's lost that because he had a fluke injury last year.

I mean Breece had 1600 yards last year with no QB or OL. Imagine if the stars really align for him this year he could absolutely have a prime Marshal Faulk type of season. 

18 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

My heart says over, but my head says under.

The roster is talented on paper.  There are a ton of nice pieces in place.  They have a number of players at key positions with top level talent going into their primes.  There are a ton of winnable games on the schedule.

But it's the Jets.  Whatever can go wrong, probably will go wrong.  Until proven otherwise.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  I'm not a big gambler, so it's never a big loss when I lose.  I'll bet $100 on this just for the added (potential) thrill.

• Upvote 1

Healthy Rodgers, best running back tandem in the league, much improved Oline, better WR group, overall deeper roster. Only thing that can derail this is major injuries. Some of you like to whine and cry and be SOJFs but this is the year they break the playoff drought. 11-12 win season incoming. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Some of you like to whine and cry and be SOJFs

And be correct in their predictions, don't forget that part.

The easiest thing in the world is to be a homer pollyanna, puff out your chest and proclaim "this is our year, we're awesome, the best" every year over and over each summer......then disappear when the losing or challenges starts, only to reappear the following summer bemoaning the "SOJF's" and claiming "this is our year" once again, lol. 

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

The easiest thing in the world is to be a homer pollyanna, puff out your chest and proclaim "this is our year, we're awesome, the best" every year over and over each summer......then disappear when the losing or challenges starts, only to reappear the following summer bemoaning the "SOJF's" and claiming "this is our year" once again, lol. 

Actually the easiest thing to do is to say your team is going to fail because 31/32 fail every year.

22 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

.....best running back tandem in the league....

Last year, the best tandem was in Miami I believe, Mostert and Achane.

Mostert had 1,012 yards and 18 TD's.

Achane had 800 yards and 8 TD's.

Both had ~200 receiving yards as well.

Do you think Hall/Allen will beat 1,800 rushing yards, 400 receiving and 26 TD's between them?

They certainly seem to have the potential, Hall especially, but it may be asking alot of Allen in his rookie year.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Spoken like a true SOJF. I'm not being a pollyanna. I look at this roster and I see a really good team that was held back by worst in the league QB for the last 3 years. Please forgive me if I am optimistic about the upcoming season. Can anything happen? Sure. Injuries are always a concern in the NFL, but the roster is the best this team has had in a long time. Oh, and I'll be here throughout the season. Lets talk again mid season. You and others can now go back to your regularly scheduled programming of whining and crying about what the Jets don't have and how they are going to fail. 

wambulance.gif

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Do you think Hall/Allen will beat 1,800 rushing yards, 400 receiving and 26 TD's between them?

They certainly seem to have the potential, Hall especially, but it may be asking alot of Allen in his rookie year.

Yes, yes they will. They will have more rushing and receiving yards, maybe not the td's. 

12 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Spoken like a true SOJF.

So people keep saying, lol. 

I'm not being a pollyanna. I look at this roster and I see a really good team that was held back by worst in the league QB for the last 3 years.

It was held back by bad QB'ing the last 3 year, unquestionably.  Won't see me disagree, I was telling people that all three years, people who assured me Wilson was great, would come around, etc, etc, etc.  

They called me a SOJF for being critical of Wilson too.  \\:D/

But we were held back by more than just Wilson.  Weak WR play.  Injuries at key spots every year.  Mediocre to poo Offensive playcalling and coaching.  All played a role, and could again play a role this year.

We are a very good team on paper.  We're also a huge injury risk on paper too.  

Please forgive me if I am optimistic about the upcoming season.

No forgiveness needed.  I'm optimistic too.  I expect better, and I hope we can stay healthy and make the postseason.  

I just don't see it as the sure thing you seemed to in the post I quoted.  Which makes me that SOJF it seems.

Injuries are always a concern in the NFL, but the roster is the best this team has had in a long time.

With the highest risk of injury to key, vital players in a long time too.  

Oh, and I'll be here throughout the season. Lets talk again mid season.

Do the playoffs start mid-season?  It's about the final destination, not the mid-point.

You and others can now go back to your regularly scheduled programming of whining and crying about what the Jets don't have and how they are going to fail. 

Lol, not a pollyanna, but gets entirely over-butthurt by anyone who isn't 100% in agreement with the "we're the best ever, sure things Super Bowl winners!" chest beating.  Got it.  Any talk about anything but how great we are = "whining", lol.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yes, yes they will. They will have more rushing and receiving yards, maybe not the td's. 

I hope you're right.  I love this combo, personally.  Their ceiling is very high, if Hall stays healthy and Allen keeps looking as he's been looking.  Hopefully better QB play also helps opn up some better lanes and push opposing D's back from focusing on the run so hard like they could do vs. Wilson.

“SOJF” is such a weak term to throw around this time of year.

But Joe W did call it in December when the sky was falling after a 30 pt beat down. 90% of the board would be talking about Superbowls in August. He got that one right. The other 10% are SOJF.

9 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Spoken like a true SOJF. I'm not being a pollyanna. I look at this roster and I see a really good team that was held back by worst in the league QB for the last 3 years. Please forgive me if I am optimistic about the upcoming season. Can anything happen? Sure. Injuries are always a concern in the NFL, but the roster is the best this team has had in a long time. Oh, and I'll be here throughout the season. Lets talk again mid season. You and others can now go back to your regularly scheduled programming of whining and crying about what the Jets don't have and how they are going to fail. 

wambulance.gif

SOJs deserve SOJFs.

Don't blow and then maybe I won't be skeptical. Meanwhile, I'll take being right as a consolation prize.

• Upvote 1

17-0 regular coming up. $100 bet has a $19,000 payout. The failure of last season has set the Jets up well for success this year. They will take nothing for granted and will relish the opportunity to blow teams out.  If the O line is as good as we think it can be and Rogers is even 80% of his last full healthy season, 17-0 is within reach. Think Big! 

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

17-0 regular coming up. $100 bet has a $19,000 payout. The failure of last season has set the Jets up well for success this year. They will take nothing for granted and will relish the opportunity to blow teams out.  If the O line is as good as we think it can be and Rogers is even 80% of his last full healthy season, 17-0 is within reach. Think Big! 

Four teams in NFL history have gone undefeated during the regular season:

• 2007 Pats (16 game season)
  • 1972 Dolphins (14 game season)
  • 1942 Bears (11 game season)
  • 1934 Bears (13 game season)

Conclusion:

Money Smoke Up GIF by L.I.F.T

Good Luck!  Pays $xxx.xx  Aug 18 | 4:00pm
Cash Wager:$xx.xx
Pending Credits:
See Bet Details
Under 6.5
+140
Regular Season Wins | Las Vegas Raiders 2024/25 Season | Sep 8 4:05pm
Odds:+140
Cash Wager:$xx.00
To Win:$xxx.00
Pays:$xxx.00
Ref: xxxxx | x Reward Credits and x Tier Credits pending

odds are dropping everywhere now that it's Minshew to start.  Grabbed this one before it drops.  

On 8/14/2024 at 9:23 AM, Warfish said:

Achane by himself is going to be a monster this season 

On 8/18/2024 at 8:55 PM, Rich Thornburgh said:

Jets are winning 10 or more games not only because of Aaron and the supporting cast. The division has regressed:

bills - had a rough offseason 

pats - probably tanking

Dolphins - always start hot then lose to good teams in bad weather in November/December

Plus the unfortunate injuries the Bills have now and the rule for the motion before the snap being called, which will majorly impact in a negative way the Dolphins offense in my opinion. No reason Jets can't win between 11-13 games if Rodgers doesn't have a catastrophic injury.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, BradSmith16fan said:

Plus the unfortunate injuries the Bills have now and the rule for the motion before the snap being called, which will majorly impact in a negative way the Dolphins offense in my opinion. No reason Jets can't win between 11-13 games if Rodgers doesn't have a catastrophic injury.

Dolphins are still going to start out red hot.  I think Achane is going to beast it.  But we will have our own hot young running back 

Bills offseason has been a hot mess.  They are relying super heavily on Kincaid having a huge year which maybe he will but will it be enough?

59 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Dolphins are still going to start out red hot.  I think Achane is going to beast it.  But we will have our own hot young running back 

Bills offseason has been a hot mess.  They are relying super heavily on Kincaid having a huge year which maybe he will but will it be enough?

Dolphins could, which is why i'm glad Jets got them late in year. Kincaid is better than solid and Allen is tremendous, but I don't think it'll be enough. The Jets defense just has to make sure to contain those rb catches and they'll be fine. And lastly, it would be nice if the refs kept their flags in their pockets if Allen decides to run and look like he's going to bulldoze someone. But then, the last split second he slides and the defender maybe barely hits him and they get the personal foul call.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, BradSmith16fan said:

Dolphins could, which is why i'm glad Jets got them late in year. Kincaid is better than solid and Allen is tremendous, but I don't think it'll be enough. The Jets defense just has to make sure to contain those rb catches and they'll be fine. And lastly, it would be nice if the refs kept their flags in their pockets if Allen decides to run and look like he's going to bulldoze someone. But then, the last split second he slides and the defender maybe barely hits him and they get the personal foul call.

The Pegulas are building a new taxpayer funded stadium the refs are going to go nuts protecting Allen this year