Jets Cuts To 53 (official thread )

31 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

6 pages for only 4 cuts … yeah, this is a brutal thread. Here is a link where you can see the updated cuts in one place ….

https://jetsxfactor.com/2024/08/26/new-york-jets-cuts-53-man-roster/

You're solution is to send us to the guy that posted the Matt Simms thread like it was news?  Is he out of middle school yet?  The Jets didn't announce them yet, but we know who isn't at practice, so presumably Blades, Key, Coddrington, Peasly, Martinez, Twyman.  I think I got down to around 60 without any really tough choices.  It won't get rough until around 3:45 pm. 

Are teams still able to pull the waivers back?  I thought that used to be a reason for putting guys out there early.  See if anybody puts in a claim and then you can try to work a conditional trade. I don't think that happens this time of year, so I guess it is not a thing.

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You're solution is to send us to the guy that posted the Matt Simms thread like it was news?  Is he out of middle school yet?  The Jets didn't announce them yet, but we know who isn't at practice, so presumably Blades, Key, Coddrington, Peasly, Martinez, Twyman.  I think I got down to around 60 without any really tough choices.  It won't get rough until around 3:45 pm. 

Are teams still able to pull the waivers back?  I thought that used to be a reason for putting guys out there early.  See if anybody puts in a claim and then you can try to work a conditional trade. I don't think that happens this time of year, so I guess it is not a thing.

Yeah, that was idiotic. But Nania isn’t the guy maintaining the cuts thread on that site.

I don’t know what is going that’s so different this year, but normally there is all sorts of news from the beat writers (who supposedly have sources and phone numbers of players that they’re working) by this time about who has gotten cut. I’ve never seen so little info on who got cut just 2 hours from the official team announcement.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't think it helps the Jets much.  The only guys I think are on IR are Malik Taylor, Jimmy Ciarlo and Marcus Riley.  Taylor is the only one I think could be worthy of 2024 snaps.  o is on the NFI list.  I was hoping Ciarlo might be practice squad ready.  Red shirt year probably helps him and Travis.  Does this subtract from how many guys they can designate to return in season?  Otherwise I'd have weondered if they could IR Holmes who supposedly got hurt.  I'm not sure howbadly.  

Travis is on the NFI list.  I'm not sure if he has to move to the IR list or if he can stay on the NFI list during the season.  Do you know?

16 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Yeah, that was idiotic. But Nania isn’t the guy maintaining the cuts thread on that site.

I don’t know what is going that’s so different this year, but normally there is all sorts of news from the beat writers (who supposedly have sources and phone numbers of players that they’re working) by this time about who has gotten cut. I’ve never seen so little info on who got cut just 2 hours from the official team announcement.

nfl.com has a list of every team's cuts:  https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-roster-cuts-tracker-team-by-team-player-moves-ahead-of-the-2024-season

as does PFN:  https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-cut-tracker-2024/

• Sympathy 1

Other than the guys reported who aren't at Jets' practice, the only name I see out there who was cut by the Jets is TE Neal Johnson.  Who in the heck is he?  I don't recall hearing his name once all offseason.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I think warren longer term is your swing tackle.  Mitchell is too light in the bottom and that was a criticism coming out of Minnesota.  

Mitchell is from Louisiana St unless my memory has gone completely to hell.   Rep was great feet but needed to strengthen up for the pros.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bowles Movement said:

Mitchell is from Louisiana St unless my memory has gone completely to hell.   Rep was great feet but needed to strengthen up for the pros.

Close. Louisiana Lafayette. No worries...your memory is still good (enough) lol

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

Other than the guys reported who aren't at Jets' practice, the only name I see out there who was cut by the Jets is TE Neal Johnson.  Who in the heck is he?  I don't recall hearing his name once all offseason.

We actually cut him a while back. He was with the team for about a week when one of the other TEs was banged up, got waived, was picked up by someone else, then cut again.

• Upvote 1

Just now, mrcoops said:

We actually cut him a while back. He was with the team for about a week when one of the other TEs was banged up, got waived, was picked up by someone else, then cut again.

Thanks.  Yes, I saw his name on another team's cut list and thought it was just a typo that they had him listed under the Jets.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Of course the Jets are the team that will wait till exactly 4pm to release the cuts. Bastards.

I did find this interesting ...

thumbnail?id=1L91WXzw5w5B7uu22bJCenx2sPx

Edited by Dunnie
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

Travis is on the NFI list.  I'm not sure if he has to move to the IR list or if he can stay on the NFI list during the season.  Do you know?

I think they kept him on the NFI list and that means he is out for at least the first 4 games.  Hopefully, Rodgers and Taylor last at least that long!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

What is this?

right above your response .. I fixed my post (was a bad url) .. it was showing team cuts in the afc east vs Jets.

Edited by Dunnie

3 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Great news, if true. On a talented and deep D-line, these guys didn't look out of place. They earned it.

Thank god!!! I thought for sure they would fumble this up lol and not do what everyone was wanting and thinking :)

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I just need one of them to be a TJ Watt for us thats all.

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't think Clemons roster spot is all that safe.

Great News.  Can we just tell Reddick to go F*** himself now?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3