Week 1: Jets @ 49ers

2 hours ago, Pac said:

Your overbearing Captaincy proved to be a monumental disaster so I'm easing my way into things. 

Ive been monitoring the vibes and everything is at an appropriate level. 

It's like when a team goes from a taskmaster head coach to a player's coach.

49ers GM John Lynch said Christian McCaffrey (calf/Achilles) is “doing great” after being limited in Thursday’s practice.

Lynch said of McCaffrey, “We have to finish this week, but he looks like Christian, and that’s a good thing for us. Obviously we want to see him progress through the week. We had confidence he’d be ready...he’ll be out there and ready to go.” It doesn’t sound like McCaffrey is at real risk of missing Monday night’s contest against the Jets, but we’ll see what happens after the Niners log their final practice on Saturday. It would be surprising if McCaffrey didn’t play in Week 1.

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Those guys are going to play like men possessed. Fans will be saying, "Haasan who?"

I gotta think they don't appreciate all the sudden being a 'bunch of scrubs' bc this guy, who's never even been in the locker room, decided to ghost the team. They will be motivated 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I wasn't sure green and white were still Jets' colors.

Very silly

If I'm not mistaken, they wore the black jerseys once last year (black friday game) and wore the black pants one other time (@NE in week 18). 

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Mike Williams is going to be a beast on Monday night.  Im not buying at all he is on a snap count.  I think he will get the majority of snaps at wr2 on the outside.

Let's hope so.  And let's hope we get a big bounce-back year from Lazard.

I don't know if anyone commented on it but there is a new show on ESPN featuring Peyton Manning and Belichick discussing upcoming MNF game. I guess also Beli is going to be a fixture on the Peyton Eli MNF broadcast. The show I just watched (part of it) was pretty awesome mostly Xs and Os on both teams with great film coverage etc. Look there isn't anyone with more expertise than BB on Xs and Os and Peyton knows much too so you are getting a great professional look at evaluating an upcoming game. In this case our game. Do I believe Belichick is going to tell his audience everything (which is his current job) or fudge it in some areas and not say what he really thinks on some subjects because it's just not his way, it's the Patriots way and he's not going to change. The Patriots way is the Belichick way. And he prob will end up coaching somewhere in the future. One thing he talked about was not throwing against Sauce Gardner. I like the Peyton Eli version of MNF but not for an entire game and esp not with the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't know if anyone commented on it but there is a new show on ESPN featuring Peyton Manning and Belichick discussing upcoming MNF game. I guess also Beli is going to be a fixture on the Peyton Eli MNF broadcast. The show I just watched (part of it) was pretty awesome mostly Xs and Os on both teams with great film coverage etc. Look there isn't anyone with more expertise than BB on Xs and Os and Peyton knows much too so you are getting a great professional look at evaluating an upcoming game. In this case our game. Do I believe Belichick is going to tell his audience everything (which is his current job) or fudge it in some areas and not say what he really thinks on some subjects because it's just not his way, it's the Patriots way and he's not going to change. The Patriots way is the Belichick way. And he prob will end up coaching somewhere in the future. One thing he talked about was not throwing against Sauce Gardner. I like the Peyton Eli version but not for an entire game and esp not with the Jets. 

Agreed.  Ever since seeing him on that NFL 100 year thing I said that I thought BB would be amazing as an analyst.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agreed.  Ever since seeing him on that NFL 100 year thing I said that I thought BB would be amazing as an analyst.

Well you've got two of the all time great football coaches on different ESPN shows. Nick Saban is on College Gameday. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Very surprising to hear that one of our defensive players is talking up our defense!

I think they truly believe they do t need him to be great. They are a confident group. How that's a bad thing is beyond me, TT. The strength of this team the last two years has been the defense.