Breece Hall will have a monster game one

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The niners will lose by double digits if they do this.  You cannot stack the box vs rodgers and win a game.

Ya, it's a 'pick your poison' thing. Rodgers 'might' beat them if they load the box, but Breece definitely WILL beat them if they don't. For most defenses in most games, stopping the run is the first thing they try and do. If teams can't stop the run, it's a long afternoon.

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

Good stuff. Do the play by play here on Monday Night.  I thought 49er's were going to blow out KC in SB. Your analysis speaks volumes.  I was highly impressed with how Saleh and the Jets took on KC and nearly pulled off the upset. In fact, had it not been for 2 atrocious calls, the INT turned PI and the no call hold on JJ, the outcome might have been different. Regardless, Saleh gave Mahomes fits.  Be interesting to see how he attacks Purdy and tries to keep that offense in check.

Good stuff. Ya, I expect Saleh's defense to win this game, honestly. When teams are held to 20 points or less, Aaron Rodgers is 81-10. And Rodgers has NEVER had the defense he has now with the Jets.

In fact, 2 seasons ago when Zach Wilson and the Jets went into Greenbay and beat the packers (that game with Sauce walking around with a cheedhead hat at the end!!!) that led AR to decide to come here. He felt first-hand how good Saleh's defense really was and knew that if he had THAT defense along with our young stars on offense (Garrett, Breece) we could be unstoppable.

• Upvote 1

If it comes down to both teams shutting down the run, making it Rodgers vs Purdy, I like our chances.

On a side note, I know we're all talking about Breece Hall - but don't be surprised to see Agent 0 sprinkled in to try & help soften up the 49ers defense, particularly in the 2nd half if it's a close game.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Ya, it's a 'pick your poison' thing. Rodgers 'might' beat them if they load the box, but Breece definitely WILL beat them if they don't. For most defenses in most games, stopping the run is the first thing they try and do. If teams can't stop the run, it's a long afternoon.

Which is why this offense is going to be lights out. Load the box to stop the run and Rodgers will burn the secondary all day.  Play off the line and Breece & Co. will ram rod it down their throats.  Rodgers is elite when changing plays at the line.  In fact, I think he's the best I've ever seen in that respect which is why Rodgers loves Hackett as his OC. He allows Rodgers to do whatever he wants as he sees fit.  We have not had a QB like this since Joe Namath. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Good stuff. Ya, I expect Saleh's defense to win this game, honestly. When teams are held to 20 points or less, Aaron Rodgers is 81-10. And Rodgers has NEVER had the defense he has now with the Jets.

In fact, 2 seasons ago when Zach Wilson and the Jets went into Greenbay and beat the packers (that game with Sauce walking around with a cheedhead hat at the end!!!) that led AR to decide to come here. He felt first-hand how good Saleh's defense really was and knew that if he had THAT defense along with our young stars on offense (Garrett, Breece) we could be unstoppable.

Absolutely correctomundo.  Rodgers didn't hesitate leaving Green Bay to come to the Jets. I remember that game and Rodgers shaking his head the entire game and having a glazed look on his face at how good this defense was .  We totally frustrated him.  It was one of those games that really pissed him off as to how Green Bay was developing their roster behind him. He saw how their was way too much work need to develop their roster to be competitive.  Turning point for Rodgers.  He insisted their GM get play-makers and the rift began. yet. GB still went ahead and offered him that crazy contract and realized they made a huge mistake since Love was coming along well.  Rodgers knew his time at GB was over.  In fact, he even said if he wasn't traded to the Jets he wouldn't play anywhere else and retire.  Now, of course, if he wasn't traded, he would have reported to GB and they would have been on the hook for his contract.  Still, JD was holding the cards and folded.   JD deserves a spanking for overpaying for Rodgers.  He had Green bay by the balls and panicked.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Now, of course, if he wasn't traded, he would have reported to GB and they would have been on the hook for his contract.  Still, JD was holding the cards and folded.   JD deserves a spanking for overpaying for Rodgers.  He had Green bay by the balls and panicked.

you could be right on all this, honestly, I can't recall all the details, dead cap, etc. I do recall something about Aaron signing for just $35m per season, about $15m below what he could have demanded. I think it was $70m for 2 seasons (this season being the last) and then there may be a huge dead cap hit (which could make it impossible to re-up AVT, Sauce, Garrett, DJ Reed, and Breece).

Anyway, after this season I think our window closes, at least some, and we may be w/o a QB.

It'd be crazy if we win the SB, and somehow the team decides to stick together for another SB run (or 2!)

31 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Same could be said for sauce.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Breece helps us control the ball which is a major factor in this game. I think Sauce will be fine but the 49ers have so many weapons, the less possessions they get the better. Sauce can completely erase one player and we can still lose. 

Breece helps us control the ball which is a major factor in this game. I think Sauce will be fine but the 49ers have so many weapons, the less possessions they get the better. Sauce can completely erase one player and we can still lose. 
I actually think the Jets matchup well on offense Rodgers, Breece, Wilson, Williams and Conklin vs Purdy , McCaffrey, Deebo, Ayuk and Kittle ... Could be competitive shooting it out too.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, FootballLove said:

you could be right on all this, honestly, I can't recall all the details, dead cap, etc. I do recall something about Aaron signing for just $35m per season, about $15m below what he could have demanded. I think it was $70m for 2 seasons (this season being the last) and then there may be a huge dead cap hit (which could make it impossible to re-up AVT, Sauce, Garrett, DJ Reed, and Breece).

Anyway, after this season I think our window closes, at least some, and we may be w/o a QB.

It'd be crazy if we win the SB, and somehow the team decides to stick together for another SB run (or 2!)

The Lost Season, which I now call it, will linger in Rodgers if the Jets don’t win the SB this year. I think it will motivate him to play for the next 2-3 years until Jets can win it. He’s sees the opportunity here and it seems it’s worth the effort. He’s still in excellent shape and this team is young and just maturing and getting better. Aaron Rodgers may be a bit on the edgy side but he is no dummy and desperately wants to be mentioned on the same vein as Brady.  While many consider him ‘better’ than Brady, it’s SB wins that define and separate great from legendary. Brady, Mahomes, Unitas, Starr, Peyton Manning, Graham, Staubach, Montana are considered legendary QB’s because they won multiple SB’s.
There is just another tier of great QB’s that I believe are not the Elite. Take Namath (exception), Stafford, Eli (won 2 SB but statistically not in same class as any mentioned) Elway (win 2 SB but had numerous ups and downs in playoffs) same with Farve (we know John Madden called him the best ever though), Bradshaw (won 4 SB BUT that D was SICK and accounted for a lot of that glory).  I’m sure there are some others I’m missing on both tiers but the point is Rodgers overall stats are just ridiculous.  Another SB notched  on his belt separates him from many and propels him to the ELITE. 

• Upvote 1