New York Jets, Haason Reddick Contract Saga No Longer About Fines. Game checks are now on the line, to the tune of $852,941 for each game missed.

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

The degree of hate for the GM here by a small group of posters is a little disturbing TBH

We have a really good roster and possibly even a great roster depending on how things pan out this year.  Did that magic itself into existence all on its own or did maybe just maybe the GM have something to do with that?

JD drafted Zach Wilson.... everything else doesn't matter to them...

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Don’t even bother trying to explain finances  here. You can’t win. @batman10023 is convinced he’s lost 50% of his career earnings to the taxman.

50 percent after taxes agent fees etc. 

Perhaps you don’t make enough money to fall into that tax bracket  

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/income-tax-calculator/new-york/?deductions=0&filing=single&income=15000000&ira=0&k401=0

2 hours ago, Skeptable said:

JD drafted Zach Wilson.... everything else doesn't matter to them...

It's insane.  Easily the most talented roster they've had in my 37 years as a fan, being picked to win the divisions/conference/super bowl and people are still looking for reasons to be angry.

Remember the outrage when they didn't think Izzy Abanikanda, a fifth-round pick, was going to make the roster.  But then he did?  Hilarious.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, EM31 said:

The degree of hate for the GM here by a small group of posters is a little disturbing TBH

We have a really good roster and possibly even a great roster depending on how things pan out this year.  Did that magic itself into existence all on its own or did maybe just maybe the GM have something to do with that?

There has always been a small percentage of "fans" who are insufferably rooting for failure and embarrassment and insisting the whole thing must be burned down... partially so they can boast they "were right" and partially to shield themselves from the disappointment. Mostly they are just weak willed and the averages of the Jets not winning the SB is in their favor, so it's a safe space for them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, EM31 said:

Yeah it's very disturbing not to kiss the feet of a GM whose never delivered a winning season. Totally bizzare stuff. Its only year 6 after all. Everybody knows you need at least 30 seasons to even begin to judge a GM.

We should extend him a lifetime contract and build his statue.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, AFJF said:

It's insane.  Easily the most talented roster they've had in my 37 years as a fan, being picked to win the divisions/conference/super bowl and people are still looking for reasons to be angry.

Remember the outrage when they didn't think Izzy Abanikanda, a fifth-round pick, was going to make the roster.  But then he did?  Hilarious.

maybe they miss 

Alex Van Dyke

Chris Hansen

Jeremy (fair catch) Kerly

Sometimes it is about the enjoyment of bitching about something. I don't get it but who knows. 

15 minutes ago, Trotter said:

maybe they miss 

Alex Van Dyke

Chris Hansen

Sometimes it is about the enjoyment of bitching about something. I don't get it but who knows. 

Longing for the days of Brooks Bollinger for sure.

@FredJetstone

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Trotter said:

maybe they miss 

Alex Van Dyke

Chris Hansen

I'd like to be in the playoffs consistently and have winning seasons. Instead of the longest drought in all of professional sports.

I guess it's too much to ask for though. Off season champs is apparently all we should be happy with.

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Frankie Green said:

There has always been a small percentage of "fans" who are insufferably rooting for failure and embarrassment and insisting the whole thing must be burned down... partially so they can boast they "were right" and partially to shield themselves from the disappointment. Mostly they are just weak willed and the averages of the Jets not winning the SB is in their favor, so it's a safe space for them. 

Idk, I'd say rooting for a regime who only have produced failures seems like the people that are the ones rooting for it.

10 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I'd like to be in the playoffs consistently and have winning seasons. Instead of the longest drought in all of professional sports.

I guess it's too much to ask for though. Off season champs is apparently all we should be happy with.

So like the Herm Edwards era?

13 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I'd say it's a bit early to be demanding a playoff appearance in a season that has not yet started, but that's just me.

• WTF? 1

40 minutes ago, Trotter said:

maybe they miss 

Alex Van Dyke

Chris Hansen

Bring back Mac to oversee scouting and Idzik to run the draft....

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

im just trying to be fair and want the same as you.

Saying that I have to look at his failures which are present and at very important positions and his success from a player persepctive. 

His record sucks - no doubt - but he has built at least on paper a solid roster which if can stay healthy at critical positions should end that drought.

24 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift. That's why they call it the present”

5 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Saleh has the 4th worst record in Jets coaching history.

You said you wanted to make the playoffs consistently. The Jets under Bradway and Edwards did that. Is that what you are hoping for? 

6 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Almost like we are in year 6 of Douglas and not year 1.

If JD learned anything it has to be that you need an answer at QB if your planned starter doesn't pan out due to flop or injury. Even if that answer is a journeyman. You need someone on the roster who has proven he can do the job.... The Gardner Minshews and Tyrod Tuckers of the world are much more valuable than they are ever given credit for.

6 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

You said you wanted to make the playoffs consistently. The Jets under Bradway and Edwards did that. Is that what you are hoping for? 

I'd hope for better than that. I dont look to our loser past hoping for more of that.

But apparently even that is too high of a bar for this regime.

7 hours ago, Frankie Green said:

The positivity of this whining is inspiring.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I'd hope for better than that. I dont look to our loser past hoping for more of that.

But apparently even that is too high of a bar for those regime.

The goal is to win a championship. Anything less is a failure.

Yeah it's very disturbing not to kiss the feet of a GM whose never delivered a winning season. Totally bizzare stuff. Its only year 6 after all. Everybody knows you need at least 30 seasons to even begin to judge a GM.

We should extend him a lifetime contract and build his statue.

44% of the teams make the playoffs in the nfl. Asking your genius GM to complete that feat once in a 6 year deal isn’t too much to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

On 9/2/2024 at 2:52 PM, Mogglez said:

If Joe Douglas caved/caves you can kiss Sauce Gardner, Garrett Wilson, Jermaine Johnson, Michael Carter, and others goodbye, which I can guarantee everyone would cry about.  The breakdown of what happened re: this trade and who is to blame for the holdout is very simple:

- The Jets always viewed this as a one year deal but were willing to, basically, fully guarantee Reddick’s contract for this season as long as he showed up for every workout and activity.

- Reddick, seemingly, agreed to this, said so in his introductory press conference, and was primed to be here.

- At some point (probably when the Jets moved JFM during the draft) Reddick decided he was tired of the under market 1-year deals that his agent was negotiating for him and flipped the script.  For reasons that don’t follow any semblance of logic, his agent, Tory Dandy, thought this would be a great idea and the holdout began.

- They thought the Jets would cave or trade him, Douglas dropped his statement and eliminated all chances of Reddick playing anywhere but the Jets (sans a mega trade) this season, so now they’ve gone and cost themselves an enormous amount of money.  Apparently, they’ve now established that doubling down on bad decisions and cutting their noses to spite their faces is their next course of action.

- Even if Reddick turns this into a “hold-in” to avoid his contract tolling, he’s destroyed his reputation and will have to sell himself to another team on him still being an elite pass rusher at 31, coming off an “injury”, with a bad attitude.  If Dandy and Reddick think they’re going to get a long-term $25-mil. per year contract with that negotiating tactic, they’re out of their minds.

Agree 100% . This is lot more to do than just about Reddick. A lot more important pieces at stake as you mentioned. Reddick will have to show this yr. Otherwise he is back on the jets next yr in exact same position/ contract. Then he is 32 and proven PIA. He won’t have a good position to get paid for sure then. At least other guys will say “ dam Joe D isn’t a weak little Biach , wasn't bluffing and didn’t cave.

7 hours ago, AFJF said:

Nobody is changing the minds of the “look at his record, bro” crowd.  But if this board was everyone blowing smoke up each others butt about how great the team is (imagine a board full of Raiderholics) it would be pretty lame. 

• Bronx changed the title to Rule him out Roberto!