Bryce Huff as an Eagle

47 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It's 2 games... and we know the talent he has. So not going to jump to that he's a bust.

I mean is Hutchinson the best DE ever with 5.5 sacks in 2 games so on a record setting pace? Or would that be jumping the gun?

The criticism against him even when he was here is still holding true, that is the issue.

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jets fans are fixated on Bryce Huff because it distracts them from the mess Douglas has made of the Reddick situation, and the fact that the Jets defense is now appreciably worse as a result. 

IMG_5616.jpeg

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jets fans are fixated on Bryce Huff because it distracts them from the mess Douglas has made of the Reddick situation, and the fact that the Jets defense is now appreciably worse as a result. 

IMG_5616.jpeg

Reddick was supposed to be an upgrade over Huff.  And Douglas didn’t feel that Huff was worth the money he was looking for, and right now that looks like a pretty good assessment and I don’t see how anyone can continue claiming that Howie Roseman “won” that trade.  Yes, he got a 2026 third round draft pick from us but his defense is appreciably worse with Huff replacing Reddick.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Anyone who REALLY watched Huff when he was with the Jets knows he thrives when:

- He's in a "Wide 9" position
- In a "4 point stance", low to the ground
- And sprinting towards the QB in limited reps (passing downs)

I love Vic Fangio (PHI DC) but he's using Huff in exactly the opposite way:

- He's rushing from a normal DE position
- He's standing up
- He's being asked to play increased reps and stop the run

If something doesn't change Huff will be a cap casualty next off-season

Yeah - I don't know what Philly is doing with him. It's all wrong.

They took what he did well and doing the opposite. Take away his get off speed, dropping back on pass plays, trying to defend the run...none of it's working. Coaches are weird man.

• Upvote 1

This was not hard to see coming. I think people are just used to it happening the other way around where the Jets sign somebody who’s a product of his role somewhere else and then he comes here and sucks. McDonald is probably just better, not that it matters that much when he literally falls on the ground and has a sack trip on him.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

This was not hard to see coming. I think people are just used to it happening the other way around where the Jets sign somebody who’s a product of his role somewhere else and then he comes here and sucks. McDonald is probably just better, not that it matters that much when he literally falls on the ground and has a sack trip on him.

He doesn’t ever fall. He just bends really, really low.

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

IMG_5616.jpeg

Getting rid of Bryce Huff has made the Jets defense worse? So we send them a player in Huff to them who in two games has been Gholston up the damn place. We drafted his replacement and the  kid starts slow and then gets 3 sacks in one game, I mean I'm ok with it being a fluke until we see more, but for this moment right here, it is what it is. Defense is worse but it has nothing and mean absolutely nothing to do with Bryce Huff not being here. Seems to me Ulbrich schemed Huffed numbers more than Huff being anything other than a 1 trick pony. Let's see what he can do with McDonald going forward before we talk about how bad the defense is without Huff. K? Thanks! Reddick is a non-factor in this, not even on the team. Of course he would likely make team better, but Huff not being he certainly hasn't made this team worse. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I dunno, maybe Huff being about as productive as an inactive Reddick to date?  Only worse, since a replacement level talent could probably be doing better?

I don't think you saw that coming my guy.

I’m sorry but can you link me to the position I took on Huff this offseason, bickety80? You oaf? You clown? You fool? 

• Haha 3

Just now, The Crusher said:

Getting rid of Bryce Huff has made the Jets defense worse? So we send them a player in Huff to them who in two games has been Gholston up the damn place. We drafted his replacement and the  kid starts slow and then gets 3 sacks in one game, I mean I'm ok with it being a fluke until we see more, but for this moment right here, it is what it is. Defense is worse but it has nothing and mean absolutely nothing to do with Bryce Huff not being here. Seems to me Ulbrich schemed Huffed numbers more than Huff being anything other than a 1 trick pony. Let's see what he can do with McDonald going forward before we talk about how bad the defense is without Huff. K? Thanks! Reddick is a non-factor in this, not even on the team. Of course he would likely make team better, but Huff not being he certainly hasn't made this team worse. 

My position on Huff was that the Jets should have traded him at the deadline last year because designated pass rushers are valuable chips as, obviously, the Eagles seemed to agree with. The Jets are worse on defense because they traded size for speed thinking Rodgers was going to score points and now they’re ****ed because Rodgers isn’t scoring points and the CBs are compromised coming up in run support to make up for the weakness on the edge. 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

My position on Huff was that the Jets should have traded him at the deadline last year because designated pass rushers are valuable chips as, obviously, the Eagles seemed to agree with. The Jets are worse on defense because they traded size for speed thinking Rodgers was going to score points and now they’re ****ed because Rodgers isn’t scoring points and the CBs are compromised coming up in run support to make up for the weakness on the edge. 

I'm not going to argue that because I remember it and you did. I agree we need to be bigger up front but I honestly think that eventually the  run defense will improve. CJ tackling dragging guys down after 4+ yards was also a pretty big issue. We saw the run defense improve modestly as soon as the younger faster Echols got in. I also think we likely get a big body in here before the trade deadline, at least I hope so. Wait wut? With Rodgers our offense isn't scoring more points per game than last year? Hmmm/ interesting. I'd have to look. I also see that improving as everyone gets comfortable with one another. We will see. Rodgers is a weirdo timing guy micro managing lunatic, but eventually the offense will get it.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My position on Huff was that the Jets should have traded him at the deadline last year because designated pass rushers are valuable chips as, obviously, the Eagles seemed to agree with. 

On that, we agree.  The Jets not being sellers at the deadline last year, beginning that process the moment Rodgers went down, was a big mistake.  Especially while entering a draft where we needed to replace some of the missing draft capital from the Rodgers deal.

24 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

True but last night Huff was falling before he even got blocked, so I mean kind of better. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Dcat said:

Didn't get the chance to watch last night's game.  Just checked the box score for Huff's defensive sacks.  I don't see hi there.  Was he injured? 0 tackles 0 sacks 0 everything?  Did he get any snaps at all?

So far the only thing involving Huff and a sack was him teabagging Philadelphia’s front office.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’ll freely admit I didn’t see Willy McDuck outperforming Huff the first two weeks, but he has. So far the Jets have gotten this one right.

Yupppp.  Thru 2 games:

McDonald

• 3.0 Sacks
  • 1 FF
  • 3 QB Hits
  • 3 TFLs
  • 4 QB Pressures
  • 1 QB Hurry

Huff

• 0.0 Sacks
  • 0 FF
  • 0 QB Hits