Woody Johnson = great owner

7 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

No one loves Woody Johnson more the last 20 years than James Dolan

The Rangers have had like 5 deep postseason runs (including a SCF appearance) in recent years. 

The Knicks were horrible for 2+ decades but they're now probably a legit contender to win an NBA title.  Plus they have an extremely likable team.  It certainly took them long enough but their new GM has done an outstanding job.  I wish the Jets were in the position the Knicks are currently in.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

They’ve been to the playoffs twice in the last 10 years.  We haven’t made the playoffs in 14 years

Yeah I mean come on giants have won 4 rings in my lifetime, while the best Jets memory for 90% of the present fanbase was listening to their grandpappy talk about Joe Willie and SBIII.

Don’t think we should be barking up that tree.

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Rangers have had like 5 deep postseason runs (including a SCF appearance) in recent years. 

The Knicks were horrible for 2+ decades but they're now probably a legit contender to win an NBA title.  Plus they have an extremely likable team.  It certainly took them long enough but their new GM has done an outstanding job.  I wish the Jets were in the position the Knicks are currently in.  

They won't be, because Woody is that bad

• Upvote 3

On 9/10/2024 at 11:15 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Post UK Woody is one of the best owners in the league.  He is doing everything you need to have a winning franchise.

Its not his fault Jeff Ulbrich is terrible.

Exactly. Like not giving a losing GM an extension. Glad we're on the same page.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

And if Zach ever looked semi-decent in a regular season game he would have gotten an extension 

No he wouldn’t lol. He wouldn’t even get his 5th yr option picked up. He wouldn’t have been on the roster last yr if they didn’t bring in Rodgers. Their mistake was not burying him as the number 3. 

19 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

They won 1 playoff game lol. Because of that 1 win, is why they justified signing the worst qb in the NFL. 

Which along with the other playoff game a few years earlier, still kinda makes your point about them being dogsh*t for the past 10 years wrong though, doesn’t it?

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

As much as I hate the giants it’s hard to mock them when our own team hasn’t even been in a playoff game since 2010

It isn’t for me!

The Giants are trash and the jerseys they wore last week made me want to stab myself in the eyes 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

No he wouldn’t lol. He wouldn’t even get his 5th yr option picked up. He wouldn’t have been on the roster last yr if they didn’t bring in Rodgers. Their mistake was not burying him as the number 3. 

Gimme a break.  Woody was itching for years for Zach to show any competence to pick up the 5th year option 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Which along with the other playoff game a few years earlier, still kinda makes your point about them being dogsh*t for the past 10 years wrong though, doesn’t it?

People call the jets lot worse. Giants have basically the same record past decade. So I don’t think we should be kissing their rings :) ( had to ) . Are you a fan of them too ? 

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Gimme a break.  Woody was itching for years for Zach to show any competence to pick up the 5th year option 

Well sure, everyone hopes a 2nd overall pick will play a lot better than the worst qb in the NFL. Glad they got rid of him after 3 years. Instead of declining his 5th yr, then signing him to a ridiculous contract they would be dying to get out of.. For once I actually feel bad for giant fans lol. 

6 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Exactly. Like not giving a losing GM an extension. Glad we're on the same page.

He fired mangini after winning season ( 9-7) after just missing playoffs. I can see him definitely doing that again this yr if this team doesn’t get in, even with first winning record in years.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

People call the jets lot worse. Giants have basically the same record past decade. So I don’t think we should be kissing their rings :) ( had to ) . Are you a fan of them too ? 

I’m trying to understand why you’re concerned about a team other than the Jets right now.

4 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m trying to understand why you’re concerned about a team other than the Jets right now.

Jets don’t play in a vacuum they are competing against the 31 other teams for a shot at a title

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I’ve taken a lot of heat on this board over the years for some spicy takes but I never could’ve predicted that me stating this no-brainer truism last off season would catch me the most flak.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, jgb said:

I’ve taken a lot of heat on this board over the years for some spicy takes but I never could’ve predicted that me stating this no-brainer truism last off season would catch me the most flak.

JD has had some very good moments, along with some G..awful decisions. I don’t buy that woody was all giddy about replacing Zach with Rodgers, only to order JD “ but you must keep Zach at the number 2.” After acquiring Rodgers when JD was asked about Zach role going forward. He said something of the sort of “ Zach is going to be the number 2, backup qb. But this is going to be a REDSHIRT year for him.” As if there was no chance he would play. Ignoring the fact that MOST number 2 qbs have to play at some point during so many qb injuries. 

Anyway, too much is talked about this guy these days and I just contributed lol. Looking forward to watching football again tonight. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jgb said:

And then you read posters here throwing a victory lap when Zach made the Denver roster as the QB3 and realize a solid 25 % of this board are dumb f**king weirdos.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And then you read posters here throwing a victory lap when Zach made the Denver roster as the QB3 and realize a solid 25 % of this board are dumb f**king weirdos.

Reminds me of when some fans kept close eye on the eagles when Sanchez went there lol. Remember guy named SAR used to be his biggest fan .

• Haha 1

On 9/10/2024 at 12:15 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Post UK Woody is one of the best owners in the league.  He is doing everything you need to have a winning franchise.

Its not his fault Jeff Ulbrich is terrible.

I can never tell when you are serious and when you are being sarcastic. This is one of those many times.

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Reminds me of when some fans kept close eye on the eagles when Sanchez went there lol. Remember guy named SAR used to be his biggest fan .

4 teams later (including losing the gift-wrapped Denver job to 2nd-year 7th round pick Trevor Siemian) and he was irrelevant by the age of 29 (only started 1 game and played in 4 games total post-Eagles) and out of the league entirely at the age of 32.  lmao.

Zach is headed down the same path, except at least Sanchez had a few good games in Philly!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Please don’t discourage them. The only thing better than being proven right once is being proven right twice lol 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even if the Jets only played against themselves they’d still lose.

Speaking of playing against yourself and losing, I’m still offering a bounty if someone can get me a seat at whatever poker game Maccagnan is playing in these days.

• Haha 1

On 9/10/2024 at 5:49 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Knicks were horrible for 2+ decades but they're now probably a legit contender to win an NBA title.  Plus they have an extremely likable team. 

I don't see this.  It takes superstar talent to win it all in the NBA, and the Knicks don't have enough.

I stopped rooting for the Knicks not long after Jim Dolan took the reins.

He's one of the most contemptible, unlikable characters in all of professional sports.

• Upvote 1

On 9/10/2024 at 8:49 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm not down with the idea that the Jets should draft the entire Villanova football team