Bold Prediction

PepPep

On 9/13/2024 at 6:18 PM, Dunnie said:

They are supposed to win the next 4 ... This is about as bold as predicting it might snow this year.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Come on, being favored by a few points to win each game is not near the odds of winning all 4 of those games.  Like for instance in each game the Jets might be -120 to win but to win all 4 would be  +$300.  And I still wouldn’t take those odds because I’ve already wasted enough money on this friggin team, for now I would settle for one win.

• Sympathy 1

On 9/13/2024 at 4:56 PM, slats said:

Darnold will also come into that game with something to prove. I’ll be rooting for him all year - except that week. 

I was not a fan of drafting Darnold, and I was not a fan of his game while he played for the NYJ, However, I do recognize that he did not get a fair shake with Talent around him.

I will root for him as well.

4 hours ago, Plen T said:

They revamped their entire roster and got an entire new staff

and they weren’t dregs before lol

Lol, you need to do a standup routine. They were last in their division. They will be last in their division again. They have one of the worst QBs in the league. If you need to pump them up to feel better, go at it. Pretending they're anything, but a bottom dweller is just fantasy though.

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Bolder prediction.  Jets win next 4 JD and Saleh get an extension and Jets finish 7 and 10.

History tells us that an adequate Head Coach with a great team around him CAN become a playoff and even a Championship team, (Beli with the Brady-led Pats as an example) but a lousy head coach , say, oh,...one who loses twice as many games as he wins (Saleh) can not overcome his shortcomings and turn the team into a contender.

Robert Saleh, is a .333 win % HC and it doesn't matter if he has a top their defense and a Hall of Fame QB he'll still be a guy who can't win a primetime game or win one that they really NEED to win. Saleh has proven himself to be just another Jets HC who can't lift the team above that 7-10 threshold. For this continued incompetence Jets owner Woody Johnson WILL fire him in January and then probably give the head coaching job to Jeff Ulbrich; another first-time ex-defensive coordinator who will have no knowledge of how to run an offense, nor will he know how to pick an OC who does.

This is all about the Jets having the worst owner in NY Sports history

8 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Lol, you need to do a standup routine. They were last in their division. They will be last in their division again. They have one of the worst QBs in the league. If you need to pump them up to feel better, go at it. Pretending they're anything, but a bottom dweller is just fantasy though.

Lol, Why quote me when the response is irrelevant to what was said 

again, they have an entirely new staff and huge upgrades across the roster

But you don’t follow the sport outside of New Jersey, and that’s ok

• Haha 1

History tells us that an adequate Head Coach with a great team around him CAN become a playoff and even a Championship team, (Beli with the Brady-led Pats as an example) but a lousy head coach , say, oh,...one who loses twice as many games as he wins (Saleh) can not overcome his shortcomings and turn the team into a contender.
Robert Saleh, is a .333 win % HC and it doesn't matter if he has a top their defense and a Hall of Fame QB he'll still be a guy who can't win a primetime game or win one that they really NEED to win. Saleh has proven himself to be just another Jets HC who can't lift the team above that 7-10 threshold. For this continued incompetence Jets owner Woody Johnson WILL fire him in January and then probably give the head coaching job to Jeff Ulbrich; another first-time ex-defensive coordinator who will have no knowledge of how to run an offense, nor will he know how to pick an OC who does.
This is all about the Jets having the worst owner in NY Sports history

lol

Did you use belicheck as an example of a mediocre coach that can luck into a championship.

I appreciate the shade but come on

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app