PPF Grades from Jets vs Titans

bla bla bla

O-Line held up well - Sauce’s grade is the unhappy surprise.  If he’s not limited at all (?)..we can expect he’ll bounce back.  

Such a big win in the course of this very tough opening 2 game stretch on the road.  Would have signed for 1-1.   JJ’s injury hurts and puts more pressure on JD to sign Reddick.  He’ll need to make a ‘small’ concession to get a deal made.   

Jets very unlucky stretch of severe injuries to key players over so many years continues with the loss of JJ for the season.  Was there another team in the NFL that suffered a season ending injury to a key starter after 2 games?  Maybe so.. but Jets didn’t sure didn’t escape such a fate. 

55 minutes ago, Larz said:

- Joe Tippmann: 2nd-best center. 

The Jets have a good offensive line

Interesting that PFF had him with the highest offensive grade, yet he gave up a sack and a pressure.

It's encouraging that AVT was much better this week than vs SF.  He has rust to shake off as well.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

Interesting that PFF had him with the highest offensive grade, yet he gave up a sack and a pressure.

It's encouraging that AVT was much better this week than vs SF.  He has rust to shake off as well.

I can't be sure because I don't know the assignments but it seemed like he should have been responsible for the MLB who came in untouched and blew up the 2nd & 20 draw up the middle. Tipp just double teamed the DT w/the LG and never even glanced at the MLB. 

PFF is trash, btw.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I can't be sure because I don't know the assignments but it seemed like he should have been responsible for the MLB who came in untouched and blew up the 2nd & 20 draw up the middle. Tipp just double teamed the DT w/the LG and never even glanced at the MLB. 

PFF is trash, btw.

I agree.  I'm no fan of PFF, and usually find their grades screwy, and I take them with a grain of salt.  I used the term "interesting" in kind of a sarcastic, but also questioning way in case there was some validity to it.  One one hand, it's hard to understand how he could give up the only sack and the only pressure, and still be the top-rated OL, but I guess it is possible that otherwise he was so dominant that he deserved the high grade.  But with your comment about the draw play, that calls that possibility into question as well.

• Upvote 1