Davante Adams trade comp poll

AFJF

Earlies pick you'd give up for Davante Adams, is?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. What would you give up?

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if Izzy is part of any deal

Maybe. He just doesn’t have really any value. So can’t see that being a part that closes the deal.

I think we have to act rather quickly on this to not have the price drive up.

Let’s just for example say that JJ gets injured against us Sunday. Now MIN could be in the mix for him. Bumping our price up.

We need to have something finalized IMO today. Maybe 0 in the media. But to where deal is done. But not announced until Monday. Adams if traded to us today can’t play Sunday. And is already ruled out for LV this week. We aren’t eating a mill of his deal for him to not play for us this week. So they can’t have it official until after we play Sunday.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Maybe. He just doesn’t have really any value. So can’t see that being a part that closes the deal.

I think we have to act rather quickly on this to not have the price drive up.

Let’s just for example say that JJ gets injured against us Sunday. Now MIN could be in the mix for him. Bumping our price up.

We need to have something finalized IMO today. Maybe 0 in the media. But to where deal is done. But not announced until Monday. Adams if traded to us today can’t play Sunday. And is already ruled out for LV this week. We aren’t eating a mill of his deal for him to not play for us this week. So they can’t have it official until after we play Sunday.

Totally agree he’d basically be a throw-in. Then also Jets won’t have to cut someone. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

True. I think we’d go less at WR. Which would be odd maybe having to inactivate one of Corley or Gipson.

Quite frankly I’m over Gipson. 

Yeah Gipson ain’t it but we don’t need 4 RBs either and I think Raiders not happy with their RB room 

• Upvote 1

On 10/3/2024 at 6:57 AM, Bobby816 said:

But @Raideraholicsaid White is an elite RB

Yes White is elite runner in power blocking scheme what he was drafted to play in.  The Raiders are running a zone blocking  scheme where he struggles - doesn’t have the vision .  

Also the Raiders offense line due to injuries early really were having their troubles.   Finally with the addition of 2rd pick lg Jackson Power Johnson ( who refs warned Ap has to stop being too physical) and third round draft choice Dj Glaze Rt . ( both made their first career start last week)  The offense line had its best run game against Browns .   Rg D Parham been playing at high level all year - out with Achilles soreness now.  Hopefully we see Jordan Meredith than either Cody white hair or a Peat.( both been bad) 

white out this week . A Mathison looks a lot better running in this scheme .   He always better as number 2 back than lead back.

On 10/3/2024 at 4:01 PM, whodeawhodat said:

Sounds like we are the only game in town on this one.  Hope we get him for a 4th

Raiders just inactivate d Adams All year if that’s the case.  Raiders are getting a second and something else or there won’t be any trade.   They have 28 million under the cap they don’t have to do anything with him.   Next year they have no control unless they want to pay him that ridiculous salary.  Which they don’t.    

On 10/2/2024 at 7:01 PM, jeremy2020 said:

If JD does make a trade for him.. just a suggestion.. get it in writing that he will play on his current contract.

D Adams is not playing on his current contract( he has no guarantee money next two years) .     Jets work out a trade with Raiders . The Raiders will let the Jets to negotiate with D Adams  agent to see if they can come up with new contract .   They can’t than the trade probably off.   Jets trade for Adams they are given him a new contract for couple years .( not one year deal)

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

D Adams is not playing on his current contract( he has no guarantee money next two years) .     Jets work out a trade with Raiders . The Raiders will let the Jets to negotiate with D Adams  agent to see if they can come up with new contract .   They can’t than the trade probably off.   Jets trade for Adams they are given him a new contract for couple years .( not one year deal)

Serious question. Say the Jets lose out on Davante. Do you think there’s any chance we can give you guys two ones for Tre Tucker (4.37 40 time)?

• Haha 3

On 10/2/2024 at 9:51 AM, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Very fair lol.

I do think he'd make a big enough impact. But it's not gonna be some cure all, to where they start putting up 40 points a game.

The run game woes are more of an issue imo.

If they don't show 2 RB at least 10 times a game it's should be grounds for termination.  Way to much talent and provides just enough defensive indecision to make it effective in many other facets.

2 hours ago, TNJETFAN said:

No more than a 4th. And the Raiders need to eat some of that salary. He’d also have to either restructure or be cut as he’s due way too much next season, and he’ll be 74. 

And trade would almost certainly involve a new deal 

I think we shouldn’t be giving away players to get Adams. This “rumor” of trading away Williams to get hiM I don’t like. Yes a WR addition of Adams is better than having Williams. But I think Williams is a great player. If I’m giving them Williams… the draft capital sent there way better be next to nothing.

I’d rather see us keep Williams trade a bette too I for Adams and have 3 WR sets of Adams and Williams on the outside and Wilson in the slot with Lazard as WR4.

On 10/2/2024 at 9:39 AM, Bobby816 said:

Raiders aren’t exactly this good running organization. As we know as well being even worse.

But they should be able to have some humility to realize they did Adams dirty. They “talked him into” getting traded to them and paying him to play with Carr. They in turn bench and trade away the reason he agreed to go to them and sign long term. So they are the ones that big time changed things.

They owe it to him to send him somewhere he wants to go.

The Raiders didn’t do d Adams dirty.   He forced his way out of Greenbay and wanted to play for his buddy d Carr.( when had his Qb a Rodgers)  The Raiders redid his contract( made highest paid  Wr)  .   He came to the Raiders and he quickly realized this wasn’t d Carr Fresno days , or pre 2016 d carr .     The beating Carr took in 2017 in Washington when his whole black offense line ( one best) let Carr take when he wouldn’t take a knee on national anthem.( carr broke his back in Washington) .  He never been the same player. ( carr had mvp type season in 2016.     All his guaranteed money gone next year in his contract so he wants a new deal.    Force a team to give him now ( where he can get a new contract)  Raiders weren’t given him a new deal next year. He wasn’t giving the Raiders a friendly deal either.   That money was going to be used they saved to sign their own free agents. 
Raiders timetable and D Adams don’t match .    The Raiders are still a Qb away.   You draft a Qb how many Cj stroud come right in and contribute right away.