Stop Scapegoating the HC

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't think it's much better.  I'm really not even sure what that means-- considering the job is to win games and the Jets have been worse under Douglas than Mac.  Is the roster "better" if it doesn't produce more wins?

Again, it almost always comes down to QB play.  Mac's only reasonable season was when Fitz was playing well.  Joe hasn't had a good reasonable season because he hasn't been able to find a QB.

Joe made a very good trade that translated to a very good draft (which might not be as good as thought) - but other than those two days - I don't see anything about Joe that tells me he was better than Mac.

I am of the opinion that this roster is much better than what we had with Macc.  Isn’t that the recent criticism of the Jets regarding Darnold?  That the team surrounding him with bargain basement talent?

Winning games comes down to coaching and the team’s talent level.  It’s not just the roster.  It’s also not just the QB.  Mike Tomlin has been winning games every year despite not having a QB since Big Ben retired.  Belickek beat us multiple times with Mac Jones.  Coaching matters a lot.  There are many good players on this team that are not playing well compared to expectation.  Sure, sometimes a player is washed or whatever, but when it’s nearly half the team, it’s a coaching issue.

• Post of the Week 3

57 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Saleh and Douglas are both losers

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner.  They are and their collective record proves it.  For God sake, fire Hackett today, demote RS and promote  R Middleton (sp).... he can not be any worse.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I am of the opinion that this roster is much better than what we had with Macc.  Isn’t that the recent criticism of the Jets regarding Darnold?  That the team surrounding him with bargain basement talent?

Winning games comes down to coaching and the team’s talent level.  It’s not just the roster.  It’s also not just the QB.  Mike Tomlin has been winning games every year despite not having a QB since Big Ben retired.  Belickek beat us multiple times with Mac Jones.  Coaching matters a lot.  There are many good players on this team that are not playing well compared to expectation.  Sure, sometimes a player is washed or whatever, but when it’s nearly half the team, it’s a coaching issue.

Here's where I'll agree.  

Mac seemed to be completely lost - as in he had no plan and  seemed to be winging it year and year out, he was lost.  Joe does seem to have a plan and seems to have logic behind his moves (agree or not agree with them but I can follow the logic) but he's been entirely ineffective.   He's built a bad roster that has produced worse results than Mac.

But if I HAD to pick one of the two to be the GM it would be JD - but I wouldn't be too excited about it.

Outside of Gase you'll rarely see me blame coaches...It's about the players executing.

1 hour ago, bgivs21 said:

JD is the last person to blame for this. 

The talent is there, this is on coaching. 

They are both at fault. They both need to go. JD took 3 season to find a kicker and cannot build an OL. Saleh unable to plan, inspire and discipline players. Time for the New Gm and HC to build a 3 year, 5 year plan that won't work.

• Upvote 3

Saleh and Hackett need to be fired. They’re ******* awful and shouldn’t be 100 yards from a football. 

JD deserve blame because he hired this cockface clown as a coach. Fire these clowns and let them go work at their local circus. Bunch of buffoons. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

It's just far too easy to blame this mess on the HC.

If there's one person to blame it's JD. 

The OL is awful, the QB has been worse, you have WR's that can't get separation and RB's that can't break a tackle.

This is a league about scoring points and through 5 years of Joe Douglas the Jets have been incapable of doing so.

I think your account has been hacked by Eric Allen.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The OL is awful, the QB has been worse, you have WR's that can't get separation and RB's that can't break a tackle.

This is a league about scoring points and through 5 years of Joe Douglas the Jets have been incapable of doing so.

The coach is ******* retarded. His OC is ******* retarded. His OL Coach is ******* retarded. The team is undisciplined. There is no game plan. There are NO adjustments. In Game personnel groupings are ******* retarded. And on and on. 

This is Kotite in 1996. Parcells took the same group of guys from 1-15 to 9-7. 

Saleh isn't the Only problem, but hes one of the biggest and EASIEST to fix.

• Post of the Week 2

It is the HC who comes up with and has final say on developmental plans for QBs and position groups that are struggling.

Saleh has utterly failed.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

It is the HC who comes up with and has final say on developmental plans for QBs and position groups that are struggling.

Saleh has utterly failed.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

There is no question Saleh has failed too.

I'm not saying he's been good.  I'm just saying this idea that he's the only problem is absurd.   That if we had a different coach all would be good is absurd.

This isn't a good team right now across the board.