Robert Saleh “We are at the nothing part of Football!”

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Saleh with Mike White was a good coach, no?

Against the Seahawks on New Year’s Day the first play from scrimmage went 90 yards. The Jets were never ready to play in that meaningful game with Mike white with playoffs on the line.

Do you think your buddy Saleh did a good job getting the team ready to play? That is his job you know.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, BP said:

Against the Seahawks on New Year’s Day the first play from scrimmage went 90 yards. The Jets were never ready to play in that meaningful game with Mike white with playoffs on the line.

Do you think your buddy Saleh did a good job getting the team ready to play? That is his job you know.

Look, I think ultimately the NFL is about QB play and I don't think Saleh has ever had a good one.

Again, let me be clear.  I don't think Saleh is a good coach but it's very tough to win in this league without good QB play.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Look, I think ultimately the NFL is about QB play and I don't think Saleh has ever had a good one.

Again, let me be clear.  I don't think Saleh is a good coach but it's very tough to win in this league without good QB play.

Dude…Again.. it’s the way they’re losing that’s the problem.

If they played hard and fought and didn’t do all the stupid sh*t they always do and played with a pair of balls instead of raisins, I can deal with a loss. Can’t win em all.

But look at you. You’re searching for excuses and reasons why they’ve looked god awful the last two games (both winnable games). Enough already! Losing should be unacceptable, period. And until they change that culture in the building this will be rinse and repeat for forever.

• Post of the Week 3

If JD has the power, and if he doesn't, Woody needs to make a change now.  

If the team rallies and wins 2 or 3 games in a row, it will be despite Saleh.

I don't really feel coaches motivate professionals, but they do have control over personel and game plan.

There....fail, epic fail.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Saleh is floundering, and he knows it, but is powerless to stop it or alter the trajectory in any meaningful way.

It's sad, really.

Time to put him out of his multi-million dollar per year misery. This sh*t ain't working.

At least we're still in the "Nothing" part of the Season.

I literally can not believe that he said that. That is as bad as some of Kotites embarrassing crap. The "Nothing" part of the schedule are the only ******* games that moron usually has a chance in. JFC

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Has there EVER been a worse quote from an NFL HC than "We are at the nothing part of football"?  

WTAF is this complete effing idiot talking about?!

I am actually taken a bit aback at that quote. Year 4, dude is well under .500, no playoffs in YEARS. "NOTHING part of Football"? Are you JOKING? 

Is this real?? If so, he should be terminated immediately as an employee. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

I am actually taken a bit aback at that quote. Year 4, dude is well under .500, no playoffs in YEARS. "NOTHING part of Football"? Are you JOKING? 

Is this real?? If so, he should be terminated immediately as an employee. 

He has arguably the hottest seat in football and he says this sh*t to the national media. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, hawk said:

If JD has the power, and if he doesn't, Woody needs to make a change now.  

If the team rallies and wins 2 or 3 games in a row, it will be despite Saleh.

I don't really feel coaches motivate professionals, but they do have control over personel and game plan.

There....fail, epic fail.

We are all professionals at our job and the quality of one’s manager absolutely does affect performance.

Saleh's comments reflect the same lack of urgency his teams have always played with. I really don't see what he offers as a head coach. His defensive scheme is relatively vanilla (albeit effective). He is also not a master motivator as his teams always start slow, play poorly coming off byes and commit a ton of penalties. 

Saleh has always been a poor man's Herm Edwards.