Davante Adams is the only way to save the season

11 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Coaching 7-10 year NFL vets how to block ? Lol. Weak excuse. That can maybe be used for a rookie , but not the vets.

It’s about guys being coached properly on their assignments on any given play and getting in sync with their timing and execution.

Baldinger has a clip on X showing them letting a blitzer come Scot free to sack Rodgers.

The C and G successfully double the NT but the free rusher is completely unaccounted for 🤣

15 hours ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

The only realistic way to save the Jets’ season is by acquiring Davante Adams.

At this point, it’s too late to fix what’s fundamentally broken — the offensive coaching. The play-calling is outdated, and no amount of tweaks can compensate for the subpar offensive line play or a once-dominant running back who seems to have lost his edge. But Adams is a game-changer. He can elevate even a flawed system, making the short passing game lethal and opening up opportunities for both the run game and deeper throws. His presence alone could mask the offensive line’s struggles by forcing defenses to shift focus, improving protection.

The key here is to overpower deficiencies with elite talent. In a relatively weak NFL, the Jets’ defense is good enough to make a deep playoff run if paired with even a competent offense. Adams provides that chance.

The only thing that will save this season is that Rodgers retires, which will completely allow the FO to fire Saleh and Hackett. Elevate a coach from the offensive side of the ball.

Start Taylor, maybe scratch the playoffs. 

Fire Douglas in the off-season.

• Upvote 1

A big thing in this is maybe just “something” to jump start this offense. WR isn’t our biggest need while GW has been less than impressive. Lazard has drops. And just not using the other guys really…… but just something to spark us. While 100% making our roster better.

17 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

Mark Davis will sell Adams to whoever relieves him of the most obligations financially.

He's supposedly the poorest owner in the league, while Mike Brown is the cheapest.

That used to be the case when the Raiders were in Oakland.    That’s not the case anymore as he has made so much money in Vegas. Look value of franchise in Oakland to comparison what it’s worth now.

6 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

That used to be the case when the Raiders were in Oakland.    That’s not the case anymore as he has made so much money in Vegas. Look value of franchise in Oakland to comparison what it’s worth now.

Hell yeah, viva Las Vegas!! 

8 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Nobody is giving the raiders a 2nd for a WR who will be 32 in 2 months, and ridiculous contract after this yr.  We know the raiders organization is a joke , but demanding a 2nd and more for Adams is crazy even for them.

No you get what you want( see H Reddick)  , or you keep him even if you have deactivate him.  This is the nfl , you don’t do any teams any favors.   They have cap space to hold him next year ( want a pick), or they simple cut him.     I give him Derek Carr treatment before I trade him for anything less than I want.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Raideraholic said:

Vegas has been a cash cow for Mark Davis.   Money isn’t a problem, but if you can clear more cap space it’s more beneficial for the organization in the long term. 

I’m all for it, but I don’t want Davante Adam’s. Like at all. I think I did at one time but not anymore. After seeing what Jayden Daniels is doing here in DC I want one of those. 

Honestly don’t see Adams moving the needle enough with the genuine dysfunction with this coaching staff, offensive line and Rodgers looks pretty done. We need to hold our draft capital for the new regime. Lame duck coach and lame duck GM have made enough bad moves here. 

I want me one of those Jayden Daniels badboys and a fancy offensive coordinator to go with him like Kilff Dinglberry in DC. Davante should  go to a true contender like the Commanders, get to play with The Jayden Daniels. Davante is solid guy deserves it and would dominate there!! 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

No you get what you want( see H Reddick)  , or you keep him even if you have deactivate him.  This is the nfl , you don’t do any teams any favors.   They have cap space to hold him next year ( want a pick), or they simple cut him.     I give him Derek Carr treatment before I trade him for anything less than I want.  

No offense... but how vastly you've been wrong in this whole Adams situation.... whatever you say I assume the opposite.

So he'll be traded today. Bc you say if they don't get a 2nd they'll deactivate him.

He'll be traded for a 3rd today.

33 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

This is the dumbest take I've ever seen, which is saying something come from you.  Carr was deactivated for 2 weeks at the end of a lost season.  Not in week 6 when you're sh*tty team probably thinks they're good enough to stay in the fold.  Adams will be traded 100% 

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

No offense... but how vastly you've been wrong in this whole Adams situation.... whatever you say I assume the opposite.

So he'll be traded today. Bc you say if they don't get a 2nd they'll deactivate him.

He'll be traded for a 3rd today.

If history has shown us anything this is true. Adams will be in Buffalo by the week end. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiFtheOracle said:

This is the dumbest take I've ever seen, which is saying something come from you.  Carr was deactivated for 2 weeks at the end of a lost season.  Not in week 6 when you're sh*tty team probably thinks they're good enough to stay in the fold.  Adams will be traded 100% 

Dumbest is pretty harsh here, Raideholic is just passionate about his Raiders. 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

If history has shown us anything this is true. Adams will be in Buffalo by the week end. 

In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets traded today and not to us.

And this fan base will riot.

Bc the value he'll get traded for... 95% of us think would be acceptable.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bobby816 said:

In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets traded today and not to us.

And this fan base will riot.

Bc the value he'll get traded for... 95% of us think would be acceptable.

Won’t be here, because it won’t help. Letting Joe Douglas forfeit more future picks would be as dumb as letting the Gm who you are firing get one last draft. No way Jets do that. Wait, oof, my bad. I’m gonna go put myself on ignore. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Dumbest is pretty harsh here, Raideholic is just passionate about his Raiders. 

Comparing the Adams situation to the Carr situation, is next level stupid.  Not just the timing of the decision but we're talking about sh*tty ass Derek Carr and HOF'er, Davante Adams.  This is apples to meatballs. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Won’t be here, because it won’t help. Letting Joe Douglas forfeit more future picks would be as dumb as letting the Gm who you are firing get one last draft. No way Jets do that. Wait, oof, my bad. I’m gonna go put myself on ignore. 

Oh I want him here. I just don't think our FO has the balls to do it for starters. And furthermore let it spark this offense into changing things.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You think next years Malachi Corley or Jeremy Ruckert is the key to this teams rebuilding future? We are going to trade Sauce for multiple first round picks if it comes time to blow things up. 

Getting Davante could save this season in a wide open AFC. If they don’t pull the trigger they’ve wasted the last 6 years.

51 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’m all for it, but I don’t want Davante Adam’s. Like at all. I think I did at one time but not anymore. After seeing what Jayden Daniels is doing here in DC I want one of those. 

Honestly don’t see Adams moving the needle enough with the genuine dysfunction with this coaching staff, offensive line and Rodgers looks pretty done. We need to hold our draft capital for the new regime. Lame duck coach and lame duck GM have made enough bad moves here. 

I want me one of those Jayden Daniels badboys and a fancy offensive coordinator to go with him like Kilff Dinglberry in DC. Davante should  go to a true contender like the Commanders, get to play with The Jayden Daniels. Davante is solid guy deserves it and would dominate there!! 

Greg the legs FG on Xmas eve changed that franchise for the next decade . Maybe the most important kick the league will see for years . Crazy . 

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

So instead of getting something now, like a 3rd rounder, you keep him for the next year and a half, never play him, cut him, get nothing in return, but claim victory because you didn’t do another team a “favor.”

Genius!

5 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It’s about guys being coached properly on their assignments on any given play and getting in sync with their timing and execution.

Baldinger has a clip on X showing them letting a blitzer come Scot free to sack Rodgers.

The C and G successfully double the NT but the free rusher is completely unaccounted for 🤣

Baldinger got this wrong.  The Jets OL is still waiting for Rodgers to pick up the check for the nice dinner he missed when he was in Egypt.  

22 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

You think next years Malachi Corley or Jeremy Ruckert is the key to this teams rebuilding future? We are going to trade Sauce for multiple first round picks if it comes time to blow things up. 

Getting Davante could save this season in a wide open AFC. If they don’t pull the trigger they’ve wasted the last 6 years.

Gonna need a QB 

6 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

That 3rd pick ain’t doing sh*t

Not alone as far as getting a QB but I’ve seen situations where a team packages picks to move up. Our lame  Duck GM burning more future draft capital just seems pointless. Not saying it is, but nothing he has done up to this point has created any sustainable success. 

A75AB5EE-AB82-4461-9A68-DE058CD1E341.jpeg

• Post of the Week 1

53 minutes ago, Tooooon said:

So instead of getting something now, like a 3rd rounder, you keep him for the next year and a half, never play him, cut him, get nothing in return, but claim victory because you didn’t do another team a “favor.”

Genius!

Are we talking about the Jets trading Reddick, or the Raiders and Adams here?

1 hour ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

The past 6 years were already wasted, along with the other 7 that preceded them.