Give Your Best Reasons For Optimism In This Thread

1) I do think if our OL can play better we can be a capable offense.  IIRC, Morgan Moses isn't out for that much longer so maybe he can come back and provide a spark.  OL is also a position group that can randomly start to improve (maybe better communication between the players?  Or maybe someone gets replaced and it gives them a spark?)   Our running game has produced nothing the past 2 weeks, which has forced AR8 to throw 96 times.  Obviously that's not a winning formula.

2) If we lose to Buffalo I think there's a chance Saleh gets fired.  If we replace him with Ulbrich I think it's addition by subtraction.  I'm not saying this sarcastically either.  If we had a serious human being as our HC (which I assume Ulbrich is), maybe there would be some accountability for a change? 

56 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

1) I do think if our OL can play better we can be a capable offense.  IIRC, Morgan Moses isn't out for that much longer so maybe he can come back and provide a spark.  OL is also a position group that can randomly start to improve (maybe better communication between the players?  Or maybe someone gets replaced and it gives them a spark?)   Our running game has produced nothing the past 2 weeks, which has forced AR8 to throw 96 times.  Obviously that's not a winning formula.

2) If we lose to Buffalo I think there's a chance Saleh gets fired.  If we replace him with Ulbrich I think it's addition by subtraction.  I'm not saying this sarcastically either.  If we had a serious human being as our HC (which I assume Ulbrich is), maybe there would be some accountability for a change? 

1. The heat death of the universe (also known as the Big Chill or Big Freeze) is a hypothesis on the ultimate fate of the universe, which suggests the universe will evolve to a state of no thermodynamic free energy, and will therefore be unable to sustain processes that increase entropy. Heat death does not imply any particular absolute temperature; it only requires that temperature differences or other processes may no longer be exploited to perform work. In the language of physics, this is when the universe reaches thermodynamic equilibrium.

If the curvature of the universe is hyperbolic or flat, or if dark energy is a positive cosmological constant, the universe will continue expanding forever, and a heat death is expected to occur, with the universe cooling to approach equilibrium at a very low temperature after a long time period.

2. On Friday, 13, 2029, Earth will have a fascinating and intimidating visitor in the form of the "God of Destruction" asteroid Apophis. The asteroid — named after the Egyptian serpent god of chaos and destruction Apep — is so large and will pass within 19,000 miles (30,600 kilometers) of Earth, so close to our planet that it could be visible to the naked eye. New research has suggested that if other much smaller space rocks hit Apophis, the asteroid, which is almost as wide as the Empire State Building is tall, could be redirected, and Earth might not be narrowly missed by it during subsequent passages or in extreme circumstances, even during the 2029 passage.

3.  The closest black hole to Earth that we know of is named V616 Monocerotis. It is also known as A0620-00. This black hole is 6.6 times more massive than our sun. (That means it has a lot of mass, which means it has a really strong gravitational pull — much stronger than even our sun’s gravitational pull.) If Earth gets within about 800,000 kilometers (3.7 light-seconds) of this black hole, it will get pulled apart. 

4. Nuclear warfare, also known as atomic warfare, is a military conflict or prepared political strategy that deploys nuclear weaponry. Nuclear weapons are weapons of mass destruction; in contrast to conventional warfare, nuclear warfare can produce destruction in a much shorter time and can have a long-lasting radiological result. A major nuclear exchange would likely have long-term effects, primarily from the fallout released, and could also lead to secondary effects, such as "nuclear winter", nuclear famine, and societal collapse. A global thermonuclear war with Cold War-era stockpiles, or even with the current smaller stockpiles, may lead to various scenarios including the human extinction.

• Haha 1

I thought long and hard about this with the goal of not repeating any of my optimistic tropes compiled over my 50+ seemingly preordained doomed years of rooting for this team, and this is all I could come up with.

Time, as always, will inevitably pass, and there will come a day when my existence will no longer contribute to the universal consciousness and, at that time (but no sooner), I will no longer be burdened by my fandom of the New York Jets. Moreover, as time continues it’s inevitable march towards oblivion even the New York Jets will become an unknown artifact of a distant past removing the collective burden of a fruitless association with this woebegone pretender of a “professional” sports franchise from all of humanity.