SALEH FIRED

Salah was great on the defensive side of the ball and relied too much on AR8 and Hackett to take them over the hump that Zack couldn't do.  In that process, he somehow forgot that he was still the head coach.   

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Summarizes the core issues I've always had with the Saleh Jets

I agree with the other poster who said Saleh might be secretly relieved.

He now gets paid to do nothing.

In February he can go back to his BFF Kyle Shanahan or Mike McDaniel as their DC.

Saleh fired is going to make a lot of fans happy, but I'm not entirely sure it fixes what ails the Jets. The defence has taken a step back this season, to a certain extent, but the offence is what sucks, and sucks big-time. Firing a defensive-minded head coach and not making changes to the offence is pure insanity.

And I don't buy for one second that Rodgers was "blindsided" about Saleh getting the arse. It's pretty clear he had no time for Bobby Rah-Rah, and Rodgers would have had a direct line to Woody. From a timing perspective, it may be true that Rodgers didn't exactly know when the axe would fall on Saleh's neck, but I'm sure he's not shedding a tear about Saleh.

Listening to Woody's phone call with the press now.....this is as direct as I've ever heard him making a formal statement.......I wouldn't be shocked if those "riff" reports over the years gets confirmed in the future 

It takes a different level of pissed for Woody to do something against the grain like this....he even acknowledged how out of the ordinary this is for him 

• Upvote 1