Woody Johnson sell the team petition

doitny

I think Christopher is good with trying to let professionals run the team.   To do that you have to hire good professionals.  

The Jets are Woody’s job.  He does not want to be on the firing line, but he is the team President.  He runs the team.  He makes the big decisions.   The Jets record is Woody’s record.   

The Jets will play like they play until Woody gives up control.  That will be when he is too old. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

For what purpose? I mean, unless they just don't want to own an NFL franchise, what thing would they going to buy that they can't buy by leveraging their asset and take out a loan (with an interest rate that'd clearly be lower than the rate at which the team appreciates) -- they don't need to sell it.

Just looked it up -- jfc: the team's worth about $7BN now. He's worth about $9BN (allegedly, on both figures), and both numbers are only growing.

One would think they'd be quite comfortable money-wise without liquidating their ownership, and throwing away all the benefits that come with it. 

Prepare of a lifetime of Johnson family ownership post-Woody, lol.

Out of curiosity, what would the taxes and other expenses be for such a transition when Woody departs this earthly plane? A

ONe of the few things Jet fans and cowgirls fans can relate too, a father\son duo running their teams into the ground for the forseeable future. 

8 hours ago, Dunnie said:

possibly ruined a premier project rookie QB, and couldn't even win with a HOF QB. It was time.

premier? you still wont give up on Zach..lol

Saleh had 5 games with a HOF QB and went 2-3. i guess if we lose Monday night i can say Ulrich cant win with a HOF QB too?

premier? you still wont give up on Zach..lol
Saleh had 5 games with a HOF QB and went 2-3. i guess if we lose Monday night i can say Ulrich cant win with a HOF QB too?
Whatever your feelings are about ZW ... He was a consensus top project QB. Saleh failed utterly with him ... And then .. continued to fail with a consensus first ballot HOF QB.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Whatever your feelings are about ZW ... He was a consensus top project QB. Saleh failed utterly with him ... And then .. continued to fail with a consensus first ballot HOF QB.

Top project QB.  lol.

Question:  Is Sean Payton failing him too?  Cuz he’s still the 3rd string QB there and stuff.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

The “consensus” behind Zach was based on fluff.  Saleh was 2-3 with a 40 year old Aaron Rodgers throwing to garbage WRs

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Top project QB.  lol.

Question:  Is Sean Payton failing him too?  Cuz he’s still the 3rd string QB there and stuff.

There was zero validity behind the Zach hype.  If people want to blame Saleh for Zach being a bust that’s weak sauce no one is coaching up that clown

14 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Dream on.

Why would he ever want to sell it? If anything he’s been trying to also acquire another sports franchise (Chelsea soccer team, as recently as two years ago).

The only way he’s out is if there’s some scandal uncovered where the other owners force a sale. Wouldn’t be this franchise’s first forced-sale; it’s how Werblin ended up with the team because the prior owner was bouncing paychecks to the players. Since that’s not going to happen, it’d take something with visible public embarrassment for the league: think Dan Snyder or Marge Schott.

This asset has appreciated faster than the stock market, while providing him loads of entertainment and far less risk. He’s keeping it forever and then it’s passing to his family. He surely filed a succession plan with the league many years ago, as well as whatever arrangements in his own estate’s trust.

He doesn’t care how many fans want him to sell it. 

He would consider it if the stands were 3/4 empty every game.  

That said.....the stands won't be 3/4 empty every game, so that leaves us with your original point.

6 hours ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

Out of curiosity, what would the taxes and other expenses be for such a transition when Woody departs this earthly plane? A

ONe of the few things Jet fans and cowgirls fans can relate too, a father\son duo running their teams into the ground for the forseeable future. 

As low as zero: https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Journal/Issues/2015/05/25/Leagues-and-Governing-Bodies/NFL-trust.aspx

Seems the family will own the team as long as they want, unless a scandal of some type makes the other owners force a sale.

3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

He would consider it if the stands were 3/4 empty every game.  

That said.....the stands won't be 3/4 empty every game, so that leaves us with your original point.

Natural/weather disasters aside, the stands won’t be 1/4 empty any game, let alone 3/4 empty every game.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Natural/weather disasters aside, the stands won’t be 1/4 empty any game, let alone 3/4 empty every game.

they dont have to be empty.  but if enough people came with signs saying for him to sell maybe he would be embarrassed.

imagine how it would look especially on a nationally televised game.

i didnt start the petition. i know they dont work, just found it funny with all the posts about how bad Woody is over the years that it only had 19 votes in 5 years

5 minutes ago, Claymation said:

He’s not a football fan

too bad. the other owners probably wouldn't approve him anyway. i seen some stuff that Woody beat out Dolan and that they didnt think Dolan would get approved anyway because he owners the Knicks and Rangers. something about owning too many teams.

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yup.  It's funny how people complain about a sh*t sandwich being on the menu, they order the sh*t sandwich, all agree that it is terrible, yet keep going back to the same location and ordering the same sh*t sandwich year, after year, after year.  People are weird. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, doitny said:

too bad. the other owners probably wouldn't approve him anyway. i seen some stuff that Woody beat out Dolan and that they didnt think Dolan would get approved anyway because he owners the Knicks and Rangers. something about owning too many teams.

The 30 other owners (I think it was still 30 in 2000) all had to unanimously approve woody.  Dolan owning two other franchises may have caused at least one owner to vote no

32 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Yup.  It's funny how people complain about a sh*t sandwich being on the menu, they order the sh*t sandwich, all agree that it is terrible, yet keep going back to the same location and ordering the same sh*t sandwich year, after year, after year.  People are weird. 

The craziest thing is people are still defending woody.  His track record last 15 years is what it is beyond horrible and we are going nowhere 

Deion and his kid are going to fix this? Yeah right 

3 hours ago, Frankie Green said:

Yeah maybe he'll sell Johnson & Johnson too... smh. Dude is never selling. Why would he. He just prints money w this thing. 

He can’t sell Johnson and Johnson he is not the owner of that company. Their board would never let him near any business decisions. Rich boy got too much time on his hands