Ulbrich “We are fully committed to the run game”

Jills are dead last against the run. I do want to see more Braelon tomorrow however 
If the running game don't get going manaya ... Whoa ... It's the perfect get right game. There is literally no excuse.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

Just now, Dunnie said:

If the running game don't get going manaya ... Whoa ... It's the perfect get right game. There is literally no excuse.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

We need a 50/50 timeshare between Hall and Allen.  I want lots of screens and passes to the running backs the bills suck at covering running backs

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, doitny said:

i did until they fired Saleh. in season firings never save a season its just some red meat the owners throws the fans in a lost season. problem is this season isnt lost. were playing for 1st place tomorrow night and were playing musical chairs with our coaching staff.

The Jets just got measurably better by firing Saleh and demoting Hackett. This will be on display Monday night. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Bills are all banged up and Josh Allen historically plays sh*tty against this defense, so they should win. Curious to see if firing Saleh made things better or worse behind the scenes, though. 

I don’t think 1 game is going to tell us the whole story, but everyone and their brother is going to cast judgement.

• Upvote 1

The model to follow here is the 2006 NY Jets, year one of Eric Mangini and Brian Schottenheimer. The Jets run game that season was not good and consisted of three backs splitting carries. Collectively, they averaged 3.5 yards per carry but the run/pass ratio was exactly 50/50 and they managed to limp themselves to 10 wins.

Aaron Rodgers should be treated as a game manager at this point in his career. Asking him to throw 35+ times is a recipe for losing. They have the backs and offensive line to establish a running game. For the sake of Rodgers' health, they'd be wise to commit to it, even if the results are less than ideal.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jack Straw said:

The model to follow here is the 2006 NY Jets, year one of Eric Mangini and Brian Schottenheimer. The Jets run game that season was not good and consisted of three backs splitting carries. Collectively, they averaged 3.5 yards per carry but the run/pass ratio was exactly 50/50 and they managed to limp themselves to 10 wins.

Aaron Rodgers should be treated as a game manager at this point in his career. Asking him to throw 35+ times is a recipe for losing. They have the backs and offensive line to establish a running game. For the sake of Rodgers' health, they'd be wise to commit to it, even if the results are less than ideal.

I know it's a terrible over simplification but be kinda cool if they ran some plays nobody expected? I mean, you know, catch them off guard! I know,I know, likely too much too ask. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I agree that we should be. But why say this when you have an advantage being a new HC and a new play caller that they have 0 clue what we’ll do.

These coaches need to get better at saying nothing. There’s nothing wrong with answering a question about how we will be on offense with saying. “You’ll see Monday night how we want to play on offense now.”

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

These coaches need to get better at saying nothing. There’s nothing wrong with answering a question about how we will be on offense with saying. “You’ll see Monday night how we want to play on offense now.”

Youd think theyd learn a little something from Belicheat pressers 

• Upvote 2

Here is what I want. Whatever the Bills are bad at defensively then exploit it. Simple. If they can’t cover or can’t get to the QB then throw the football. If they can’t stop the run then throw it more.

Biggest thing though I want to see is the OL get a little nasty and start taking control of the LOS. Open some hole for Breece, get him going. Protect the QB at all costs. Turn the game into a street fight if you have to.

If there is one thing I want to see out of Ulbrich is to bring that edge the defense plays with to the offense.

• Post of the Week 1

Here's an idea.  3 WR's, 2 RB's, 0 TE's. Run and pass out of this formation. It spreads the defense out. It'll make the defense go smaller to cover in the passing game. Stop using 2 and 3 TE sets immediately in the pass or run game. And Voila, your running game issues are solved. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, doitny said:

i did until they fired Saleh. in season firings never save a season its just some red meat the owners throws the fans in a lost season. problem is this season isnt lost. were playing for 1st place tomorrow night and were playing musical chairs with our coaching staff.

I am really concerned about the defense!  Now we have a HC who is spread thin and who cannot focus on the defense!

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

"We are fully committed to the run game" is like saying "we are fully committed to scoring points" or "we are fully committed to playing defense", it means absolutely nothing.

I guess coaches repeat opt-repeated bromides because there is some significant portion of the fan base that believes them again and again.