Where do we go from here ?

57 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

There's a huge difference between "Woody is an obstacle" (factual) and stating that it can't happen (emotion-based opinion).

It's not any less stupid if you just keep repeating it. With the right offer and the right ego, it CAN happen.

You're simply incorrect.

Awesome, sure, anything is possible, terrific. What are the odds that Woody is capable of a.) identifying the right candidate, b.) coming up with the offer that makes it happen, and c.) actually managing to stay out of that person’s way while they run the team? 

I put them at less than 2%, and I’m probably being generous. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, BradSmith16fan said:

About as down as I've been with the Jets and that's saying something. It's inexcusable how bad they lost yesterday. And they were up 15-6 with the ball and were going to get it first in 2nd half. 

I hate the entire team from top to bottom including the players because of their loser mentality that they allowed to take hold of them thanks to JD and Salad. Just blow it all up completely or I’m not interested. Trade everyone and everything and basically become an expansion team rebuilding from the ground up with a placeholder staff until you can lure the right people. It’s literally almost hopeless at this point. 

• Post of the Week 1

Just my opinion which is basically worth ohhgatz

jets find a way to land a playoff berth and the go on a run on the road of course to get to the afcc

they lose a close game but woody is happy as can be since his moved turned the season around

ulbreck and his staff retained

jd not sure about meaning he might leave on his own

2025 it all goes to crap because the coaching staff is still not good and 2026 rinse and repeat

there are many on this board who have seen this show before

4 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Quincy Williams just refuted Aaron Rodgers comments on the team being flat yesterday, another bad loss and that locker room is going to implode. Ulbrich isnt cut to handle that, Ron Middleton should've been the HC. 

Admittedly I went to sleep at half since you saw that ending coming but did qw actually play yesterday?

to be fair I saw one pressure on the sack ole McDonald got but other than that was he on the field?

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

Admittedly I went to sleep at half since you saw that ending coming but did qw actually play yesterday?

to be fair I saw one pressure on the sack ole McDonald got but other than that was he on the field?

Quincy not Quinnen, the fat Williams is MIA since getting his new contract.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I hate the entire team from top to bottom including the players because of their loser mentality that they allowed to take hold of them thanks to JD and Salad. Just blow it all up completely or I’m not interested. Trade everyone and everything and basically become an expansion team rebuilding from the ground up with a placeholder staff until you can lure the right people. It’s literally almost hopeless at this 

Im just flabbergasted that this is the way the season has gone so far. It's really inexcusable. And it wasn't just fans rating this roster high, it was also a lot of pundits.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Do you mean what would a smart owner do? Or do you want to know what will actually happen?

Smart:

• Hire Director of Football Operations right now (Pete Carroll?). New Director to assess current organization and roster through end of year
  • Director also to begin exploring options for new GM, head coach to be ready for hire immediately after season ends
  • Full-on youth (Olu, LBers, skill players) movement on the field. Veterans sit behind rookies in many cases
  • Rodgers is advised this will be his final season as a NYJ, org would be happy to facilitate/promote farewell tour
  • Explore trades for literally anyone on this roster. If reasonable draft pick comp becomes available in exchange, pull trigger. Sauce and Garrett should be out the door and fetch decent compensation.

Directo of Operations: Elon Musk

Where we always go. Home for Christmas. May-be Thanksgiving this year. After forty four years as a season ticket holder I’m thinking about canceling. Just flushing my money down the toilet. 

31 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Quincy Williams just refuted Aaron Rodgers comments on the team being flat yesterday, another bad loss and that locker room is going to implode. Ulbrich isnt cut to handle that, Ron Middleton should've been the HC. 

Robert Saleh held that locker room together for three years with Zach Wilson at QB. He should still be the head coach. I don’t think the defense gives up 37 yesterday if Ulbrich has his full attention on the defense along with Saleh’s valuable input, either. The locker room was fine the morning Saleh was fired (the opposite would be why an owner might fire a head coach so early in the season, but I digress… ), let’s see how long that lasts. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DonCorleone said:

Aside from the fact that I have to agree that no coach who wants the run of his team would come here thanks to Woody, I do not see Rex coming back to the Jets at any level. I don't even know why I feel that way.

It's unlikely but I'd be willing to bet whoever Woody hires has less success than Rex did here. 

Sad to say I believe that Rex was Woody's high water mark.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I hate the entire team from top to bottom including the players because of their loser mentality that they allowed to take hold of them thanks to JD and Salad. Just blow it all up completely or I’m not interested. Trade everyone and everything and basically become an expansion team rebuilding from the ground up with a placeholder staff until you can lure the right people. It’s literally almost hopeless at this point. 

Same.  Even our talented young players seem to be negatively affected by our culture of losing.  GW is absolutely going backwards.  Breece looks slower.  Quinnen might be taking the Mo Wilk route.  etc.  

I think the only move for this franchise is trade all our young guys for draft picks.  Then trade those back for picks in future years. AR8 will either retire or want to be traded.  Yes, we'll take a huge cap hit but that'll help us tank.  In a couple of years, when we're loaded up with draft picks and AR8 is off the cap, this job will look more attractive because there will be a lot of money and a lot of picks.  If there's no FQB available in a given draft, I'd want the Jets to keep trading back and loading up.  Just absolutely be the dregs for 3 years and then be setup for a true rebuild.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, freestater said:

And where do we go from here?
Which is the way that's clear?
Still looking for that blue-jean baby-queen
Prettiest girl I ever seen
See her shake on the movie screen
Jimmy Dean
Jimmy Dean

Rock on. 

...c'mon I can't be the only one.

Games people play you take it or you leave it

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

I said the bills game broke me. 

However, this game destroyed me. 

Don’t get me wrong I will watch but with that blah feeling I had back during the early rebuild days. 

It’s so sad 

Don’t worry they have much more disappointment to give you

always remember no matter how bad it is today, they will exceed it

15 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

He has to be the worst owner in pro sports.

Let's just say that the Maras, Rooneys, and Steinbrenners would not be flattered by being compared to Woody.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Let's just the Maras, Rooneys, and Steinbrenners would not be flattered by being compared to Woody.

I can't argue. Imagine this, not many idiots could manage being wrong all of the times. Woody is a special kind of idiot. One of a kind if you will.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, DonCorleone said:

I can't argue. Imagine this, not many idiots could manage being wrong all of the times. Woody is a special kind of idiot. One of a kind if you will.

A blind squirrel or broken clock would be an upgrade to Woody as owner of the NYJ

• Sympathy 1