You Play to Win the Game!

22 years ago the dismal Jets were sitting at 2-5 and about to play the powerhouse Chargers in San Diego.  Just like today, the season was essentially over.  When Herm was asked if the team was in full tank mode he responded with the iconic:  "You play to win the game!"  The Jets went on to pummel the Chargers and win 7 of the last 9 games to get into the playoffs.  Not saying that will happen with this team, but all is not lost yet.  These guys just have to play to win the damn game!

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Crimer said:

22 years ago the dismal Jets were sitting at 2-5 and about to play the powerhouse Chargers in San Diego.  Just like today, the season was essentially over.  When Herm was asked if the team was in full tank mode he responded with the iconic:  "You play to win the game!"  The Jets went on to pummel the Chargers and win 7 of the last 9 games to get into the playoffs.  Not saying that will happen with this team, but all is not lost yet.  These guys just have to play to win the damn game!

sorry,  the rest of us have had our spirits broken a long time ago, Woodrow.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, TBJ said:

@T0mShane This is a bid for captain.

Are we pushing a button on @Pac yet?

I already brought Herm up earlier and Tom isn't in charge of anything.  There actually is a committee and I know who's on it.  I've been assured I'm exactly what this moribund fan base needs.  

1 hour ago, Crimer said:

Well, Herm was a better coach than any coach on this current team. So was Rex. Even Mangina. 

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Herm is a thousand times better than the current coaching staff

lets let that sink in for awhile 

Herm gets a bad rap.  sure his time management "skills" were awful, but 3 of the 5 years he coached, the Jets made the playoffs.  and the other two were the years Chad got hurt, so there's that excuse.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Pac said:

I already brought Herm up earlier and Tom isn't in charge of anything.  There actually is a committee and I know who's on it.  I've been assured I'm exactly what this moribund fan base needs.  

That's just what they want you to think.

They're going to make it look like a bills mafia hit.

48 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

Herm gets a bad rap.  sure his time management "skills" were awful, but 3 of the 5 years he coached, the Jets made the playoffs.  and the other two were the years Chad got hurt, so there's that excuse.

Very fair

kind of drives home the point of if some/most feel he was not a good coach yet in reality he is significantly better than what we have today, it is difficult to see the turnaround