Texans Sign Mario Williams over Bush (14 Bush Threads Merged)

GREENSMACKS

I don;t even know why i even try and get my hopes up????

Real football men know what Reggie Bush means to a football game

lol

so your a real football man? first of all, REAL men LIKE THE LADIES. so i got you there.

PLUS, you are/were a herm loyalist.

case closed.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You deal for him IMMEDIATELY. It's a touchdown making machine. You hang on to #29 and you get yourself a lineman to block for him. Winston? Justice (he'll be gone)? Someone else? I don't give a .... it's REGGIE F'ING BUSH.

What does the value chart say? To go from 4 to 2 is keeping # 29 an option?

Sit tight on 4, and I bet you get Bush there.

No way NO takes him at 4 with McAllister already there. Too many other needs to take an RB there. I think they take D'Brick.

Tenn might take him at 3. But they need a QB bad, and they can't fall below Oakland at 7 if they want Young. GB and SF aren't trading up for Bush, they already have their player picked. I think they take Young.

Even if Bush doesn't fall to 4, we'll have the choice of either D'Brick or Hawk or Ngata. I'd take any of those 3, and we still have 29 and 35 to take a RB, if that's what you want.

Bush was a great college player, but there have been plenty of great college RBs that did crap in the NFL. Personally, I think he'll be good, but he won't get enough touches to be great.

Now it's really interesting.

Does the name "Blair Thomas" bring back memories? Keep our #4 unless 49'ers want to move up for Bush. Let our brain trust right the ship. There will be other RB's lower in the draft.

Lomas Brown. Thanks Jon, you made that easy.

jon, like many other homosexuals, gets overly emotional.

seriously, jonejet you are totally in denial about the big need on this O line. Bush would be killed, and his knees shot forever.

also, Olineman tend to pan out RELATIVELY speaking. RB's are among the riskiest

if bush is there at 4, fine. take him. we can get other o lineman but trading the farm away, all them prospects for a RB, its nuts.

Rb's can be had in free agency. if you got a good o line, anybody can get a solid 100-1200. bush on this team right now at that price? he would be as useful as an alex van dyke

SS's old lady

SS obviously has no balls

You assume I'm married. No, I'm not that stupid.

I dunno what having balls has to do with trading... it's not worth the gamble. What's he going to do? Make a few more plays? Please. I got to watch Barry Sanders in his prime. Anything Reggie Bush will do will pale in comparison.

Bush isn't the risk. The QB was. I dunno how you got that.

It's a gamble to trade up. And, as a Jets fan, aren't you leery of trading up? DRob, ring any bells? And, where did you pull 2200 yards from, anyway? Who in the NFL does that now? And you think Reggie Bush is gonig to come in, right away, and do that? Behind that Jets offensive line? Getting Reggie Bush would be great. It would. But, you're not thinking logically. Why sell the farm when you don't have to?

O.K., Shadow...2,200 yds is a reach. 1,900-2,000 is NOT a reach.

Yes, I am leery of trading up, but spare me the DRob comparison. Herm, the dummy, and Bradway, the dummy, thought they were getting W.Sapp for Hermy's 4-3.

Everyone is aware the O-line will be a work in progress. The off-season moves addressing the offensive line tells me that Tangini thinks O-line can be upgraded by shrewd FA acquisitions(which, so far, is what they have done). I'm going to assume Tangini believes they can get solid O-line coaching. I think(actually, hope) they'll address the O-line later in the draft, and through the June cuts. I think the 'this guy is useless if our line sucks' argument is a good argument, but not every SB champ is the '82 Hogs. As a matter of fact, most SB Champs these days, aren't the '82 Hogs, just well coached and cohesive with, maybe, a couple of high-end studs.

Now...to your last question......

WHY SELL THE FARM, IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO?

Giving 4,29, and 71(hypothetically), leaves us with 35, 103 and the rest.

35 will get you a pretty good O-lineman. Don't know which lineman, but the mocks I've seen, some attractive ones are there. The other picks?....your guess is as good as mine. You pay Bush #4 money and save a little moulah from not signing the 1st rounder #29.

Shadow..I really like your posts and appreciate your opinion. I believe very solid O-lines can be built without D'Brick-like draft picks. I just think a Reggie Bush comes along once every 10 years.

Answer this, Shadow.....who knows what the O-line will end up looking like this year...but, with that fact aside......Do you think, with a very solid, if not spectacular O-line, R.Bush can be a 1,800-2,000 all purpose yds a year back?

:cheers: ,Shadow.

jon, like many other homosexuals, gets overly emotional.

seriously, jonejet you are totally in denial about the big need on this O line. Bush would be killed, and his knees shot forever.

also, Olineman tend to pan out RELATIVELY speaking. RB's are among the riskiest

if bush is there at 4, fine. take him. we can get other o lineman but trading the farm away, all them prospects for a RB, its nuts.

Rb's can be had in free agency. if you got a good o line, anybody can get a solid 100-1200. bush on this team right now at that price? he would be as useful as an alex van dyke

That and, there are other running backs in this draft. Are they as dynamic as Bush? No. But they aren't bad. Like Bush's teammate. Or Laurence Maroney.

But yeah... Barry had a pro bowl bodyguard when he came into the league.

That and, there are other running backs in this draft. Are they as dynamic as Bush? No. But they aren't bad. Like Bush's teammate. Or Laurence Maroney.

But yeah... Barry had a pro bowl bodyguard when he came into the league.

ss, you took jet to school with the lomas brown comeback.

Answer this, Shadow.....who knows what the O-line will end up looking like this year...but, with that fact aside, do you think, with a very solid, not spectacular O-line, R.Bush can be a 1,800-2,000 all purpose yds a year back?

Starting right away? Hell no. I don't think there's one RB that started that way. Bush may start 1500 all purpose. And, that's still alot of yards. Mind you, Lamont Jordan only had 1600 all purpose yards last year. Only the elite reach those numbers. Reggie Bush isn't elite. The game is alot faster than college. He won't be playing Wazoo or Fresno States defense. He'll be playing NFL defenses that will stop him.

Tell me why Brick is soooooooo mcuh better than McNeil or Winston

If anything,,,,,Reggie Bush is less of a risk than Brick

McNeil and Winston and Justice will all be grabbed by our next pick and even if they were - that spends 29 and leaves us out of a solid pick for Center.

REGGIE BUSH is a once in a lifetime player........and the Texans pass on this guy, what fools. If Mangini and Tannenbaum really want to prove to everyone what they can really do they will make this trade happen.....comments and thoughts are nice. I am calling it right now that REGGIE BUSH WILL BE A NEW YORK JET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McNeil and Winston and Justice will all be grabbed by our next pick and even if they were - that spends 29 and leaves us out of a solid pick for Center.

.....so lets not grab Reggie Bush because we're worried about a center??

Holy smokes:bag:

you guys are throwing around 2000 yard numbers like they are a cake walk.;;;;;;;jeez

Agreed...I'm throwing it around....1,500 yds all purpose right off the bat ain't a reach, though.

1,800 all purpose yards in years 2007 through 2011 ain't a reach either!!!!

If you're a GM, come Saturday, you trade 4, 29, and 71 for those type of numbers. If you do, Saturday night you go get yourself a happy ending somewhere...because you deserve it!!!!!!!!!

:cheers: ,dickkotite.

#4 (1800) + #35 (550) + #71 (240) = 2590

#2 (2600) = 2600

So we chuck in a 7th rounder?

Casserly: We want your 4th and 29th for the 1st overall.

Tannenbaum: We'll give you our 4th and 35th and just for playing we'll throw in a 7th rounder as well woooohooo!!!

Casserly: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........No wait one minute "guys look at this they're throwing in a 7th rounder as well, the draft chart tells them so"........entire HOU front office in unison BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Give me a break, if you want Bush you have to throw in both first rounders and probably then some. Bush is at a premium, the draft chart means nothing in his case.

Archived