Texans Sign Mario Williams over Bush (14 Bush Threads Merged)

GREENSMACKS

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.....so lets not grab Reggie Bush because we're worried about a center??

Holy smokes:bag:

No Dude - I said McNeil and Winston and Justice will all be grabbed by 29 which leaves us with a much riskier OT selection and who knows what for a Center at 35.

Don't confuse retardedness with cheapness.

Oh I definately wouldn't call it being cheap. They're reportedly paying him more than Alex Smith (a QB!!!) got last year as the 1st overall pick. Williams will be the highest paid DE in the league by far if these rumors are true.

I would call it realizing that you have a very good RB already, and are looking to build a solid team all around by strengthening an area of weakness. Personally I would trade down if I were them, but that's a different debate.

Oh I definately wouldn't call it being cheap. They're reportedly paying him more than Alex Smith (a QB!!!) got last year as the 1st overall pick. Williams will be the highest paid DE in the league by far if these rumors are true.

I would call it realizing that you have a very good RB already, and are looking to build a solid team all around by strengthening an area of weakness. Personally I would trade down if I were them, but that's a different debate.

Well, from what I heard, Bush was asking for more than that. So, they went with the cheaper option, which was the better option for the team. I won't call them stupid. No sir.

Give me a break, if you want Bush you have to throw in both first rounders and probably then some. Bush is at a premium, the draft chart means nothing in his case.

I think Boozer is right. Don't forget the other team/s with multiple early picks(I can only think of Denver). If Tangini wants Bush, they won't be the only team that will come-a-knockin'.

4,29, and 35? I'd still do it.:box:

:box: .....be nice.

I would like to add that i just got off the toilet, after a very sexy bowel movement, and read that Bush expects to be paid "like a QB drafted #1" he said that he knows there is a 33%ish difference in rb and qb coin but that he expects to be paid qb money.

still want your holdout?

I would like to add that i just got off the toilet, after a very sexy bowel movement, and read that Bush expects to be paid "like a QB drafted #1" he said that he knows there is a 33%ish difference in rb and qb coin but that he expects to be paid qb money.

still want your holdout?

By that same token Mario Williams is getting a bigger contract than Alex Smith last year.

Still, no matter what I don't do this trade. NO just hit the jackpot and the last thing we need to do is throw away our first 3 picks in this very deep and strong draft for 1 player in a bidding war. We do not have that luxury to do so, and quite frankly it would set this team back 2-3 years IMO.

I think Boozer is right. Don't forget the other team/s with multiple early picks(I can only think of Denver). If Tangini wants Bush, they won't be the only team that will come-a-knockin'.

4,29, and 35? I'd still do it.:box:

:box: .....be nice.

Your getting caught up in the Bush frenzy. This is what causes a sellers market. If we were to give up all three of those picks, I would.. well..give up. Bradway is gone, common sense will prevail.

Your getting caught up in the Bush frenzy. This is what causes a sellers market. If we were to give up all three of those picks, I would.. well..give up. Bradway is gone, common sense will prevail.

agreed... that is too much to pay.

Bush is a winner, yes, but so is ferguson, hawk, leinart and young.

It's not worth that price.

I think if the price is 4/29/4th+Next Year2nd u might have to do it though.

You're right...I did get caught up in the frenzy. 4,29, and 35 is alot.

IF you believe, like I do, that Bush will be 1,500 all purpose yds 1st year, and 1,800+ all purpose yds for 6-8 years after that, would you give up those picks? I would.

From what I'm hearing now, we might be able to bive up 4,35,and 71 to get him, while keeping #29?:eek:

I just don't see it that way. Saints would want 4 and 29....for starters.

You're right...I did get caught up in the frenzy. 4,29, and 35 is alot.

IF you believe, like I do, that Bush will be 1,500 all purpose yds 1st year, and 1,800+ all purpose yds for 6-8 years after that, would you give up those picks? I would.

From what I'm hearing now, we might be able to bive up 4,35,and 71 to get him, while keeping #29?:eek:

I just don't see it that way. Saints would want 4 and 29....for starters.

I may bite on the 4, 35 and 71 scenario and I'd like to have Bush on the Jets but there is no such thing as a sure thing. This is a quality draft in the top 2 rounds and there is a chance to plug a number of holes on a team that has more holes than a slice of swiss cheese.

The Saints are counting on some team cracking a Bush boner and getting irrational like they were chasing the sweetest poon in town. The reality is that the Saints most likely don't want Bush but will try to get what they can for the pick before picking D'Brick.

I'm a greedy bastard. I want him at 4 and then we start thinking about who we want at 29 and 35. If that happens, I may have to grab the tissues.

I may bite on the 4, 35 and 71 scenario and I'd like to have Bush on the Jets but there is no such thing as a sure thing. This is a quality draft in the top 2 rounds and there is a chance to plug a number of holes on a team that has more holes than a slice of swiss cheese.

The Saints are counting on some team cracking a Bush boner and getting irrational like they were chasing the sweetest poon in town. The reality is that the Saints most likely don't want Bush but will try to get what they can for the pick before picking D'Brick.

I'm a greedy bastard. I want him at 4 and then we start thinking about who we want at 29 and 35. If that happens, I may have to grab the tissues.

it's not happening...

4/29/71 is a move you must make though, if offered.

A league source tells us that agent Joel Segal plans to take the position that tailback Reggie Bush will not play for the New Orleans Saints.

The move, the source surmises, is aimed at allowing Segal to save some face after blowing Bush's shot to be the first overall pick in the draft.

The source also tells us that the Texans opted to tab defensive end Mario Williams with the No. 1 overall pick due to Bush and Segal's sky-high monetary demands. Segal, we're told, wanted $30 million in guaranteed money -- a 25 percent increase over the $24 million in guaranteed money that quarterback Alex Smith received as the No. 1 overall pick in 2005. Although Bush's recent P.R. problems didn't, we hear, play a role in the Texans' decision, word is that the multiple issues regarding Bush and his family caused the Texans to conclude that the fan base would be more likely to accept the decision to draft Williams.

As to the Saints, the thinking is that they are more than happy to fall out of the No. 2 spot, and the financial commitment that it requires. The Jets are an obvious choice to make a move, and they've got the No. 29 overall pick to throw into the mix.

Under the trade value chart, however, the Jets would still need 160 points to justify the transaction. The No. 2 pick is worth 2,600 points, the No. 4 selection is worth 1,800, and the No. 29 pick has a value of 640.

If a trade goes down between the Jets and Saints, New Orleans would draft tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson or linebacker A.J. Hawk at No.4.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports that the Packers and the Raiders have contacted the Saints about a possible trade up, as have the Cardinals. The Cardinals, interestingly, would make the move not to draft Bush -- which would drop him to at least No. 3.

The Cardinals, we figure, would make the move in order to nab Ferguson. Then the question becomes whether the Titans stick with Vince Young, or whether they select Bush.

The most intriguing landing spot for Bush is Green Bay, where he would provide the kind of Reggie White impact for which Lord Favre recently has been whining. Ironically, Favre wrote off in his press conference about nothing from April 8 the possible impactof any rookie in 2006.

Brett might feel differently if the rookie they end up with is Reggie Bush.

And the Saints could still slide to the five hole and get Ferguson or Hawk. New Orleans also would be slotted one spot lower, meaning less money required to sign the player.

ill tell you this, he will make the jets money. he will be our eli, everytime he does an endorsement its like the jets are being advertised. from a buisness prospective woody johnson has to be drooling, from a winning standpoint the FO will be drooling. plus he needs to sign a deal to pay that lawsuit :)

There is no way the Jets should trade away the first day of the draft (for the most part) for Reggie Bush. If this was two years ago - yes, find a way and get the kid in green and white, but this is not two years ago. Trading up for Bush would seriously shake this fan's opinion and confidence in the new front office and head coach.

The Jets have too many needs on both sides of the ball to even consider giving up the first day of a very deep draft for one player - even the second coming of every HOF offensive skill position player ever. Be strong Mr. T and Mr. M, do not fall into the trap that is being laid for you this fine April morning. Do the right thing - say no to becoming another draft day debacle highlight on ESPN.

There is no way the Jets should trade away the first day of the draft (for the most part) for Reggie Bush. If this was two years ago - yes, find a way and get the kid in green and white, but this is not two years ago. Trading up for Bush would seriously shake this fan's opinion and confidence in the new front office and head coach.

The Jets have too many needs on both sides of the ball to even consider giving up the first day of a very deep draft for one player - even the second coming of every HOF offensive skill position player ever. Be strong Mr. T and Mr. M, do not fall into the trap that is being laid for you this fine April morning. Do the right thing - say no to becoming another draft day debacle highlight on ESPN.

I AGREE !!!!!!

Amen bro, we have way too many needs. If he falls to us at 4, it was meant to be! :)

Take him at #4 - do not move up for him at #2 - if he falls. Oh, and the kid is looking for:

The source also tells us that the Texans opted to tab defensive end Mario Williams with the No. 1 overall pick due to Bush and Segal's sky-high monetary demands. Segal, we're told, wanted $30 million in guaranteed money -- a 25 percent increase over the $24 million in guaranteed money that quarterback Alex Smith received as the No. 1 overall pick in 2005.

Archived