Texans Sign Mario Williams over Bush (14 Bush Threads Merged)

GREENSMACKS

Just going by most expert opinions there really is not much difference and there is good talent in the offensive tackle position

Bush is far and away the best back and potentially a great player- no tackle has that label- I had been touting Brick and Williams because I thought for sure Bush to the Texans.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Moses

Are you serious when you say it's not worth making the deal

If you think about it, the Jets have the Saints by the balls

They want Brick...we want Bush

And we all know the Titans want a QB....I could care less what TN FO says....it's a smokescreen to save value on #3

TN won't take Brick

This is a deal that can happen

The absolute most I give up is the 4, 3rd rounder and a 2nd rounder next year. Otherwise let the chips fall where they may.

Moses

And we all know the Titans want a QB....I could care less what TN FO says....it's a smokescreen to save value on #3

TN won't take Brick

OK, whats our best offer?

Moses

TN won't take Brick

Not really, jonE.

If the Saints want Brick, I think he'll be on the board at 2 for them!

Watch out for SanFran trading up with #6 and #22 for Bush. Saints wouldnt get Brick at 6 though.......Saints will probably stay put.

I have a feeling Leinart or Young is gonna be taken 2 or 3. And D'Brick will go in the other spot.

Bush might fall into our laps. Why blink?

I agree Jet mo. I would not make a move. Worts case scenerio we wind up with Vernon Davis, Ngata or some other stud. Plus keep our picks.

I have a feeling Leinart or Young is gonna be taken 2 or 3. And D'Brick will go in the other spot.

Bush might fall into our laps. Why blink?

Good point Moses. If we can grab Bush and still have 29 and 35 ready to go, the draft already has the possibility of being a huge success. If somebody else picks Bush, so be it, take Brick.

Something I'm not getting here, folks. From what people are saying, if we draft Bush, whether we trade up or he falls in our laps at #4, is a mistake because we have no offensive line. But by drafting D'Brick, all of our prayers are answered. D'brick will snap the ball, and block the entire D by himself. With his wingspan he can just clothesline the entire defensive line with one fell swoop.

Hello? What about the other picks in the draft? aren't there ANY quality offensive lineman out there? I'm positive at least 3 of the Jets picks will address the O-line.

If there is a way for the Jets to get some Bush, then by God do it! Please!

Does the draft actually start at 12pm with the texans OTC or is there alot of predraft talk show BS??

If the Jets want Cutler, it will be perfect for them to trade down and get him if Bush is still there at 4, we could strike it rich.

The only bad thing that could happen is if the Saints take Brick and the Titans take Bush. I do not want Leinart. I would prefer Vernon Davis if it falls this way.

If D'Brick, Williams and Bush are all gone 1,2,3 I DO NOT want a QB.

If thats the case, then I agree with Jon, trade up to get Bush FOR A REASONABLE PRICE.

Not really, jonE.

Watch out for SanFran trading up with #6 and #22 for Bush. Saints wouldnt get Brick at 6 though.......Saints will probably stay put.

That's exactly why they can't make the teade with SF

We have their guy at 4, and they know it

Don;t deal with the Jets....and they get the player they don't want

4 and 29 and a 4th is fine with me

WE keep 35 and get the Best available OLineman

It's all good

We still have out 2 3rds and a 4th

WE have to make this deal happen:yahoo:

Not really, jonE.

Don;t deal with the Jets....and they get a player they don't want

It's all good

Does the draft actually start at 12pm with the texans OTC or is there alot of predraft talk show BS??

If the Jets want Cutler, it will be perfect for them to trade down and get him if Bush is still there at 4, we could strike it rich.

The draft starts around 12:05 or something stupid like that. It's not promptly at noon. The predraft garbage starts at like 11 or something.

Well, one thing that might make everyone happy...

Saints trade with San Fran.

San Fran takes Bush

Saints trade up with Titans.

Saints take Brick.

Jets on clock at 4, Green Bay taking NotAQuarterback at 5 because of Rodgers.

Worst case scenario for Tennessee, Jets take Leinart or Young.... but since Tennessee is split on which guy to take, they might be willing to suck it up and take draft picks and take whoever the Jets pass on.... or have their choice if the Jets take Vernon Davis or AJ Hawk.

Don;t deal with the Jets....and they get the player they don't want

It's all good

If they want D'Brick so bad, why don't they just draft him at the 2 spot? If they want to save money by signing him 4, then we trade spots and give them one of our 2's. Thats the deal.

Well, one thing that might make everyone happy...

Saints trade with San Fran.

San Fran takes Bush

Saints trade up with Titans.

Saints take Brick.

Jets on clock at 4, Green Bay taking NotAQuarterback at 5 because of Rodgers.

Die yo9 Boston puke;)

In my mind, RB is wearing Green and White right now:cheers:

Don;t deal with the Jets....and they get a player they don't want

It's all good

Thats assuming the Saints really REALLY want Dbrick, which I dont buy.

They could swap with the 49ers and still get AJ Hawk or Vernon Davis and a higher pick than #29.

IDK, I'm sort of torn right now. Bush would look really, really nice in green and white. We could still get an Eric Winston at 35.

If Bush is available at 4, take him or trade down. I'd be happy with either of those scenarios.

But trading up? Giving up a 1st rounder and possibly MORE to get a guy who may well be available for us when we pick? Ridiculous.

If Bush is available at 4, take him or trade down. I'd be happy with either of those scenarios.

But trading up? Giving up a 1st rounder and possibly MORE to get a guy who may well be available for us when we pick? Ridiculous.

word up.

not only that but the result of what has just happens means the jets have a better chance of making a draft day trade and getting more picks.

Everyone remember trading up to get D Fat and we gave up a ton to get a total waiste. But look at the time we did not trade up to get the guy we wantd in Favre. If you want a player and you can move up a couple of spots to get him you do. You do not trade half your draft however.

So it's basically Abe, the #4 and a 3rd or 4th for Bush. Unless he sh!ts gold nuggets, why make that deal? The Tangini mentality says stay put and draft for value, not pull a Bradway. This seems like another D-Rob scenario. Tx would have enough material to last him for years.

Archived