Texans Sign Mario Williams over Bush (14 Bush Threads Merged)

GREENSMACKS

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we hadn't had serious talks about a trade with the Texans to move up to #1 then why do you think all of the sudden the FO thinks that we should trade up to #2.

The Saints will entertain offers and I bet you someone will give them a better offer than the Jets do. Someone is going to come from #10-15 and leap frog up to take him and give up their first this year a first next year and a 4th or something obsurd like that.

Someone said there was a report the Jets won't part with a 3rd round pick to move up and I think thats bull. If they value Bush that much then they would certainly be willing to give up a 3rd given we already have 2!

It's all smokescreen still. Why do you think that the Saints broke the news that they signed Mario the night before the draft? Something doesn't add up here. It seems very WWF if you ask me all about the drama this year... but hey thats cool with me.

I'm with JonE...if the Saints are dumb enough to take 4,29, and 71 for Reggie Bush we take it.

This is crazy that we are debating this. This is a guy that, IMO, is a 2,200 all purpose yds per year player!!!!

He'll be a Saint @ 12:14 pm.

ENOUGH of the 'B.Sanders didn't win anything' crap, too. That argument doesnt hold water and you know it.

Why is Bush a risk and Brick isn't? Are there any 'TOP 5 draft pick' O-lineman on the Patriots? Steelers?

PUH-LEEEZE.......4,29, and 71 is a steal for Bush.

The Texans sh$t the bed.

Bush isn't the risk. The QB was. I dunno how you got that.

It's a gamble to trade up. And, as a Jets fan, aren't you leery of trading up? DRob, ring any bells? And, where did you pull 2200 yards from, anyway? Who in the NFL does that now? And you think Reggie Bush is gonig to come in, right away, and do that? Behind that Jets offensive line? Getting Reggie Bush would be great. It would. But, you're not thinking logically. Why sell the farm when you don't have to?

You deal for him IMMEDIATELY. It's a touchdown making machine. You hang on to #29 and you get yourself a lineman to block for him. Winston? Justice (he'll be gone)? Someone else? I don't give a .... it's REGGIE F'ING BUSH.

Exactly

And you want Kenny O

Marino would have sucked if he had been planted in the sod before the snap was in his hands, week in and week out. You've got to fix the damned line.

I wonder who the "player of our lifetime" will be NEXT year. Remember when it was Kellen Winslow Jr?

I want Bush for the right price.

4, 29 and a pick next year is fine by me. He will do something no one on this offense will do nxt year no matter who we pick........strike fear into them and make them respect our offense. The Texans skipped on him because they have a QB, RB, and WR's and a ton of money invested in them already. They did not pass on Bush because he is not a great, great back.

I wonder how well Bush recovers from mcl/acl surguries. If we take him, I hope responds well to PT because he'll be on a first name basis with everybody in the therapy clinic. Thats how you get those types of injuries - from the side before you even cross the LOS. Our sieve of an O line would produce countless opportunities for that if we don't make it the #1 priority - now.

Tell me why Brick is soooooooo mcuh better than McNeil or Winston

If anything,,,,,Reggie Bush is less of a risk than Brick

Marino would have sucked if he had been planted in the sod before the snap was in his hands, week in and week out. You've got to fix the damned line.

I wonder who the "player of our lifetime" will be NEXT year. Remember when it was Kellen Winslow Jr?

Brady Quinn, Bob. They'll be calling to trade the entire draft for him.

I wonder if they'll dress him up in a wedding gown?

We have the coaches to coach up the OL now. We do not need to spend top 5 picks on them.

Texans unexpectedly draft Williams, Bush falls to #2.

Jets trade #4, #35, and their 2007 2nd for Reggie Bush. Jets fans rejoice.

Hype builds during training camp.

First game of the season Reggie Bush runs for 220 yards on 12 carries, with 84 receiving yards on 5 catches. Returns a punt for a touchdown.

Second game of the season, ACL injury, never averages over 4.0 ypc in a season after that.

God trys to think up a new way to mess with jets fans heads.

Haha why do I sorta have to agree this is what will happen to us if we trade up....

Bob

Brick, McNeil, Winston are all about the same

Brick just is the most hyped

I think McNeil will be a batter pro

I've never witnessed an eve before draft day quite like this. It's fun!

1) Texan's are CRAZY. It's like passing on Michael Jordan for that Bowie guy.

2) Jets would be NUTS to not try to make this deal happen. I, personally, have never seen a more exciting college player than Bush in this decade. I'm saying this as a Pats fan who would fear Reggie Bush.

3) You can find a serviecable o-lineman later.

4) Jets fans are still kind of, sort of crazy! ;)

5) Just heard that Javon Walker's plane landed in Providence sometime this eve and he's being checked out my Eagles and Pats med staff. Also hear that Pats talking to Broncos' - rumor has it that Walker to Denver and Lelie to Pats? I don't get it....just that Pats have picks to burn.

6) This is such a defining moment in Mangini's tenure - so early - I think I feel for the guy.

7) GM's love making their fans crazy.

8) Good luck tomorrow, Jets fans!

9) Wow.

10) Sleep tight! :lol:

Bob

Brick, McNeil, Winston are all about the same

Brick just is the most hyped

I think McNeil will be a batter pro

Difference is that Brick is the most NFL ready right now. Thats not to say one of these guys won't be just as good in a few years.

They didn't want to pay the price to get to #1.

#2's price is MUCH LESS.

THe Texans signed Williams, not the Saints. They broke the news because as soon as he's signed, he's drafted.. no suspense.

I don't by they didn't want suspense come on man.

I also dont buy into all this crap about draft charts and so on. The asking price wasn't really for #1 it was for REGGIE!

Now that Reggies there at #2 the asking price for #2 just went way up as well. If you don't realize that as the NO Saints then you are idiots.

Sit tight on 4, and I bet you get Bush there.

No way NO takes him at 4 with McAllister already there. Too many other needs to take an RB there. I think they take D'Brick.

Tenn might take him at 3. But they need a QB bad, and they can't fall below Oakland at 7 if they want Young. GB and SF aren't trading up for Bush, they already have their player picked. I think they take Young.

Even if Bush doesn't fall to 4, we'll have the choice of either D'Brick or Hawk or Ngata. I'd take any of those 3, and we still have 29 and 35 to take a RB, if that's what you want.

Bush was a great college player, but there have been plenty of great college RBs that did crap in the NFL. Personally, I think he'll be good, but he won't get enough touches to be great.

Now it's really interesting.

I don't by they didn't want suspense come on man.

I also dont buy into all this crap about draft charts and so on. The asking price wasn't really for #1 it was for REGGIE!

Now that Reggies there at #2 the asking price for #2 just went way up as well. If you don't realize that as the NO Saints then you are idiots.

It's amazing how much those charts play.

Doubt them all you want, almost every team uses them.

Bush commands too much money for New Orleans. Not a chance that cheap owner will let his team take Bush. That will not happen.

Maybe the titans would go with Bush, but they wont if they really like Leinart/Young. QB is more important - always.

This is awful. Just awful. Thanks a lot, Houston. Yet another reason to hate Texas.

Bob

Unfortunately for you it doesn;t atter who we draft.....to you we're the same ol Jets.....we;re doomed

Well I;m here to tell you that Reggie Freakin' Bush can change all of that!!

Bush commands too much money for New Orleans. Not a chance that cheap owner will let his team take Bush. That will not happen.

Maybe the titans would go with Bush, but they wont if they really like Leinart/Young. QB is more important - always.

You bring up good points Barton. The Titans are cap strapped as well. So really neither team can take a risk. The problem is a team trading up to get Bush ahead of us. Not those two teams.

Bob

Unfortunately for you it doesn;t atter who we draft.....to you we're the same ol Jets.....we;re doomed

Well I;m here to tell you that Reggie Freakin' Bush can change all of that!!

I'm here to tell you he's overhyped. We have a chance to build a team. I hope they don't waste it on a shooting star that will burn out before the rest of the team is ready for something special.

You bring up good points Barton. The Titans are cap strapped as well. So really neither team can take a risk. The problem is a team trading up to get Bush ahead of us. Not those two teams.

Yeah. McNair is done. Titans will definetly go QB at 3 without a doubt.

I hope dickKotite is right. The Jets might be bluffing with the Saints, so when Bush is there at 4 the 49ers offer up the house to us thinking that we will take Bush unless we get a great offer.

I dont understand all this VDavis to SanFran talk. The 1 good player on that offense is that tight end they got.

Exactly RS

The way we can turn the tide in our favor....and i do believe Tangin i is doing this as we speak

Is that we let the Saints know that if they choose to make this deal with anyone other than the Jets....the guy the covet will be wearing Green and WHite.....that player is Brick

NO wants him,.,,,,but cheaper

Trade with SF....no brick

Trade with GB...no Brick

Trade with Tennessee, and you get Brick, but no 2nd 1st rounder

We can make this deal happen:yahoo:

Archived