Texans Sign Mario Williams over Bush (14 Bush Threads Merged)

GREENSMACKS

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saints are going to get action for that pick. I have a strange feeling that The Niners are going to come up and get Reggie Bush. I can't see The Saints taking Reggie with Deuce McAlister already making huge money at RB for them.

Yeah, but Reggie Bush isn't a typical RB. Yeah, that's his position, but they'll split him out, have him return kicks... he's not just a running back. He's the lone skill position player that will probably make an impact. And, it's not like having a two headed monster isn't a bad idea. That and Deuce isn't exactly the most reliable RB.

Once in a lifetime player

I say we do it......If we don't, with Reggie withing our reach, and we don't, I;ll go NUTZ!!:Cuss:

Wow, I agree with JohnE. If we can trade up with NO and get bush at 2, I would love to have such an impact player on my team. Sure, one player wont fix this team, but we arent going to "fix" in just one year under Mangini anyway.

We have the most ammo to get the guy

So we trade 4, 35, and 71

WE still have

2 1sts and a 3rd.....3 solid players that we cam come away with

Bush

McNeil/Winston...not much of a difference with DBrick

and a late 3rd...Whitehurst??

C'mon,,,,lets do the deal!!

Faba, if they pass on him at four, they deserve a to be nailed to a tree. But I don't think they have an obligation to trade up for him. Stay put and see how things shake out.

Personally I think Bush can be a special player- what do i know- Casserly obviously did not think so-

Faba, if they pass on him at four, they deserve a to be nailed to a tree. But I don't think they have an obligation to trade up for him. Stay put and see how things shake out.

Yeah, lets do nothing and watch our generations marino pass su by for another Kenny "O

**** it.....it's not as if this franchise has anything to lose

Think about it....having our own Gale Sayers....wearing Green and White

Please get it done

I am not sleeping tonight:yawn:

We're gonna miss out on D'Brick, draft Bush, pay him a fortune, watch him get the **** beat out of him by D-linemen for half a season and hit the disabled list.

Meanwhile, our actual needs will go unanswered.

I'm depressed already. I was counting on the Texans to save us from ourselves.

Lets think about NO and TENN for a second. NO has big money coming to Duece, so I really dont see them taking him. But what about TENN? Are they obligated to take Lionheart or Young? Are they really in that much of a "have to have a qb" mode, or would they just take Bush no matter what if he's there. Thats the chance the Jets are mostly likley going to have to take. If he falls into our laps, then great. If not, then we get another top player, no harm.

Bob

The difference between Brick, Winston, and McNeil is soo slight.....the deal is a no brainer

WE need to pound the Saints....let them know if they don't trade #2 to us, that we're taking the guy they want....Brick

This deal can happen

We're gonna miss out on D'Brick, draft Bush, pay him a fortune, watch him get the **** beat out of him by D-linemen for half a season and hit the disabled list.

Meanwhile, our actual needs will go unanswered.

I'm depressed already. I was counting on the Texans to save us from ourselves.

Just when you thought the Reggie Bush hype was done...

Bob, I'm ambivalent. Whatever happens, happens.

Texans unexpectedly draft Williams, Bush falls to #2.

Jets trade #4, #35, and their 2007 2nd for Reggie Bush. Jets fans rejoice.

Hype builds during training camp.

First game of the season Reggie Bush runs for 220 yards on 12 carries, with 84 receiving yards on 5 catches. Returns a punt for a touchdown.

Second game of the season, ACL injury, never averages over 4.0 ypc in a season after that.

God trys to think up a new way to mess with jets fans heads.

Bob

The difference between Brick, Winston, and McNeil is soo slight.....the deal is a no brainer

WE need to pound the Saints....let them know if they don't trade #2 to us, that we're taking the guy they want....Brick

This deal can happen

Most of the mocks on espn have us trading with NO to the number 2 spot, even before this announcement was made. GER ER DONE

Bob

This deal can happen

It probably will happen, and little Bush will spend a lot of time getting tackled in the backfield.

As usual, we're screwed.

Bob

This deal can happen

Jon, even if N.O. will switch spots, we can't gaurantee the Titans won't take D'Brick.

Bush is a great player but if the Titans or Saints draft him they will be hurting themselves more than us. They simply do not need this player. Voleck is shot and they have Mauck backing him up. Plus they do not have the cap room with the lingering cutting of McNair to have Travis Henry, Chris Brown and Reggie Bush on their roster. As far as the Saints go think about it from their perspective. Do you REALLY want Bush? I wouldn't, not with Duece on the roster and s.h.i.t. for a defense. The only possibility here is SF trading up. If they want to give up the 6 and 22 there is nothing we can do to beat this. however a 1 and 3 plus a 2 next year or something else we can beat. jmo.

Moses

Are you serious when you say it's not worth making the deal

If you think about it, the Jets have the Saints by the balls

They want Brick...we want Bush

And we all know the Titans want a QB....I could care less what TN FO says....it's a smokescreen to save value on #3

TN won't take Brick

This is a deal that can happen

Bush is a great player but if the Titans or Saints draft him they will be hurting themselves more than us. They simply do not need this player. Voleck is shot and they have Mauck backing him up. Plus they do not have the cap room with the lingering cutting of McNair to have Travis Henry, Chris Brown and Reggie Bush on their roster. As far as the Saints go think about it from their perspective. Do you REALLY want Bush? I wouldn't, not with Duece on the roster and s.h.i.t. for a defense. The only possibility here is SF trading up. If they want to give up the 6 and 22 there is nothing we can do to beat this. however a 1 and 3 plus a 2 next year or something else we can beat. jmo.

I have a feeling Leinart or Young is gonna be taken 2 or 3. And D'Brick will go in the other spot.

Bush might fall into our laps. Why blink?

For the most exciting player of our generation....Reggie Bush??

I think we have to make the deal...at whatever cost

Make it happen Tangini.....PLEASE!!

unless mass stupidity sets in, this is a bad trade.

keep all the picks and don't lose the day one for a part-time player.

hysteria/hype has taken over for logic with some jet fans.

Archived