I thought Herm was a "tough" coach???

GM

Chiefs | Team in for shorter minicamp practices

Fri, 12 May 2006 08:13:13 -0700

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports one of the things Kansas City Chiefs players gained by hiring head coach Herman Edwards as Dick Vermeil's replacement is the sub-two-hour practice that promises to leave them more refreshed. Vermeil used to put the team through 2 1/2 hour practices. Edwards unveils the Chiefs' new practice regimen in a three-day, partial-squad minicamp that begins Friday, May 12, at their Truman Sports Complex facility. The Chiefs will practice five times, all closed to the public, and none of the workouts is scheduled to last more than 1 1/2 hours. They continue with practice sessions Tuesday, May 16, and Wednesday, May 17, and then hold a full-squad minicamp next weekend.

Now where have I heard this before???:rolleyes:

They will be decent this year just due to the talent on the team but then the decline will begin... sound familiar?

Exactly, it's the beginning of the end. Trouble is, they don't realize yet, just like we didn't...but, Chief fans, your day is coming...trust me.

Carl Peterson was just on the Collin Cowheard show and was asked what changes Herm has made since coming aboard. The only one Peterson could think of was that Herm had announced that Larry Johnson was going to be his starter and primary ball carrier regardless of who else was on the roster. Way to go out on a limb, Herm!

Since when was Herm known as a "tough" coach?

http://www.fanball.com/fb/article.cfm/ID.5329

The hiring of Herm Edwards as the successor to Dick Vermeil kicks off an ... it's unclear whether he'd get similar treatment from the hard-nosed Edwards. ...

Ready to crack down and make sure training camp wasn't a breeze, to show he wouldn't tolerate another rough start to the season.

He'll be a monster.

No longer the placating players' coach everyone loves. He's ready to turn into a Bill Parcells-style bully

Carl Peterson was just on the Collin Cowheard show and was asked what changes Herm has made since coming aboard. The only one Peterson could think of was that Herm had announced that Larry Johnson was going to be his starter and primary ball carrier regardless of who else was on the roster. Way to go out on a limb, Herm!

What a close call for Sperminator to make. Larry Johnson was the best running back in football last year. I wonder how many 3rd and 10 running plays he's going to call this year?

He screwed the Time up BBQ'ing some Chicken and Ribs and over cooked them and they were tough as hell!!:eek:

Better than having Scoutmaster Eric toasting marshmellows and leading his Eagle scouts in a loyalty oath. If Eric wants to set an example of toughness to his players, he needs to lose about 50 lbs of lard. Some example.

Better than having Scoutmaster Eric toasting marshmellows and leading his Eagle scouts in a loyalty oath. If Eric wants to set an example of toughness to his players, he needs to lose about 50 lbs of lard. Some example.

Why aren't you on the KC Board where you belong??:rolleyes:

Yup, overweight coaches will never succeed:rolleyes:

Btw, I'd bet that Eagle scouts learn a lot more from their scoutmasters, than people do from the guy who's cooking them some chicken or ribs. I'd also said that they'd respect him more. So I do think its better.

I just don't understand where all the hatred and dislike for this man came from.The Jets had injuries,alot of injuries so the jets must have been out of shape and ill prepared .

With this type of thinking,i guess the Patriots were out of shape and ill prepared for most of the season also and have been this way for a few yrs now.The real kicker in this is the jets hired a strength and conditioning coach from the Pats to replace their former S & C coach and that when all the injuries started.

Herman Edwards was a good HC for the Jets.He quit,and that's on him and something i'm not likely to forget.With that said,this HC led his team to the playoff 3 times in his 1st 4 yr,once after changing 6 defensive starters.This HC proved that he could have a bad season,change personell,and still make it back to where he was and almost further had it not been for a couple missed FGs.Maybe the Jets would have sucked with him in 2006,and maybe because he proved by doing it before,they could have made the neccessary changes and make it back to the playoffs again.

We will never know what could have happen,but the way the Fans have turned on this man is unreal.There's more than 1 way to coach a football team.Herman Edwards is said to be a monday to saturday HC,yet the main reason the fans dislike him is because he does exactly what a person should do if that is the situation that exist.He rallies his team,make suggestions to his coordinators and allow them to do what they do far better than he does.

How is this for Irony.The 2 most hated HCs in recent Jet history are Al groh and Herman Edwards.Al Groh worked his team into the ground untill they hated him and the fans don't have a kind word to say about this man.Herman Edwards took care of his players,ran them through their paces,rested them when he thought they needed resting,and the fans also don't have a kind word to say about this man.

Jet fans spend so much time hating the Dolphins,and the Patriots and wishing the worst for both teams,that they can't even enjoy what little success their beleaguered team has.Now their have the KC Chiefs and their HC to hate and wish for misery.Any wonder why this team hasn't won frill in 40 yr,even when in it's recent past,the Likes of Bill Parcells,Bill belichek,Romeo Crennel,Charlie Weis,Al Groh and the wonderkind Eric Mangini all patrolled the sidelines at the same time.

Funny thing is,the most hated of Jet HCs,got his team into the tournament more than that bunch did in the same time.It's supposed to be about winning,and having the chance to win.For this fan base,it more about how you win,than actually winning.

I just don't understand where all the hatred and dislike for this man came from.The Jets had injuries,alot of injuries so the jets must have been out of shape and ill prepared .

With this type of thinking,i guess the Patriots were out of shape and ill prepared for most of the season also and have been this way for a few yrs now.The real kicker in this is the jets hired a strength and conditioning coach from the Pats to replace their former S & C coach and that when all the injuries started.

Herman Edwards was a good HC for the Jets.He quit,and that's on him and something i'm not likely to forget.With that said,this HC led his team to the playoff 3 times in his 1st 4 yr,once after changing 6 defensive starters.This HC proved that he could have a bad season,change personell,and still make it back to where he was and almost further had it not been for a couple missed FGs.Maybe the Jets would have sucked with him in 2006,and maybe because he proved by doing it before,they could have made the neccessary changes and make it back to the playoffs again.

We will never know what could have happen,but the way the Fans have turned on this man is unreal.There's more than 1 way to coach a football team.Herman Edwards is said to be a monday to saturday HC,yet the main reason the fans dislike him is because he does exactly what a person should do if that is the situation that exist.He rallies his team,make suggestions to his coordinators and allow them to do what they do far better than he does.

How is this for Irony.The 2 most hated HCs in recent Jet history are Al groh and Herman Edwards.Al Groh worked his team into the ground untill they hated him and the fans don't have a kind word to say about this man.Herman Edwards took care of his players,ran them through their paces,rested them when he thought they needed resting,and the fans also don't have a kind word to say about this man.

Jet fans spend so much time hating the Dolphins,and the Patriots and wishing the worst for both teams,that they can't even enjoy what little success their beleaguered team has.Now their have the KC Chiefs and their HC to hate and wish for misery.Any wonder why this team hasn't won frill in 40 yr,even when in it's recent past,the Likes of Bill Parcells,Bill belichek,Romeo Crennel,Charlie Weis,Al Groh and the wonderkind Eric Mangini all patrolled the sidelines at the same time.

Funny thing is,the most hated of Jet HCs,got his team into the tournament more than that bunch did in the same time.It's supposed to be about winning,and having the chance to win.For this fan base,it more about how you win,than actually winning.

Learn these phrases, "in spite of" and "because of" as in "The successes of the Jets the past 5 years were in spite of Herm rather than because of Herm."

Everything should be clear now.

Sorry-I'm not ever gonna let this go.

Edwards was an awful game day coach-period. Bellichick stole his lunch money damn near every time. We had to retool the defense every year because he had no clue what he was doing. The Jets fired more assistants every year than every other team in the NFL during his tenure. Soemhow, Paul Hackett got a pass no matter what, while his minder/quality guys-Todd Haley. Jimmy Raye-walked the plank. He had never been a DC. And had Bradway hired either Marv Lewis or John Fox, he'd still have a job as Jets GM. Simply Edwards' hiring wasted 5 years of this franchise. Down the toilet, gone, cannot get'em back.

The team was never fully prepared at the start of the season. The team was never in shape. The team was outworked often. And it often appeared that game plans must've been drafted in the parking lot before the game. What little gameplanning there was was never adjusted from week-to-week. Halftime and in game adjustments were nonexistent.

The man would talk until the cows came home. His ego was unchecked, unbounded and running amok from day 1. And more scary, he came to believe he knew what he was doing.

And having said all that, he was, we found last fall, he's a worse person than he was a coach. He engineered his way out of here and campaigned for the Chiefs' job from opening day until the day his pal Peterson saved his sorry a$$. When he realized Woody had tired of his nonsense and no extension

was coming, he wasted a whole season. He should've quit if it was so bad.

EFF HIM. I'm overjoyed he's gone. And if you want keep defending him, go elsewhere. Unless from here on out you 1. want be ridiculed or 2. want to let us all know you don't know jack about winning football.

So Tinhatwearer and RJensenwhatever aand other Hermie apologists, ENOUGH!You must be one of those guys who really believed she wanted to be friends after she dumped you butt. If you wish to collude in a circle jerk over the wonders and talents of Coach Liar Jerk Chicken, look here and be gone-

http://wildbill.invisionzone.com/index.php

Edwards was an awful game day coach-period. Bellichick stole his lunch money damn near every time. We had to retool the defense every year because he had no clue what he was doing. The Jets fired more assistants every year than every other team in the NFL during his tenure. Soemhow, Paul Hackett got a pass no matter what, while his minder/quality guys-Todd Haley. Jimmy Raye-walked the plank. He had never been a DC. And had Bradway hired either Marv Lewis or John Fox, he'd still have a job as Jets GM. Simply Edwards' hiring wasted 5 years of this franchise. Down the toilet, gone, cannot get'em back.

The team was never fully prepared at the start of the season. The team was never in shape. The team was outworked often. And it often appeared that game plans must've been drafted in the parking lot before the game. What little gameplanning there was was never adjusted from week-to-week. Halftime and in game adjustments were nonexistent.

The man would talk until the cows came home. His ego was unchecked, unbounded and running amok form day 1. And more scary, he came to believe he knew what he was doing.

And having sadi all that, he was, we found last fall, a worse person than he was a coach. He engineered his way out of here and campaigned for the Chiefs' job from opening day until the day his pal Peterson saved his sorry a$$. When he realized Woody had tired of his nonsense and no extension

EFF HIM. I'm overjoyed he's gone. And if you want keep defending him, go elsewhere. Unless from here on out you 1. want be ridiculed or 2. want to let us all know you don't know jack about winning football.

So Tinhatwearer and RJensenwhatever aand other Hermie apologists, ENOUGH!You must be one of those guys who really believed she wanted to be friends after she dumped you butt. If you wish to collude in a circle jerk over the wonders and talents of Coach Jerk Chicken, look here and be gone-

POTW NOM! This is probably one of the funniest things I have ever read on this site, and I've read some funny sh!t on this site.

The man would talk until the cows came home. His ego was unchecked, unbounded and running amok from day 1. And more scary, he came to believe he knew what he was doing.

And having said all that, he was, we found last fall, he's a worse person than he was a coach. He engineered his way out of here and campaigned for the Chiefs' job from opening day until the day his pal Peterson saved his sorry a$$. When he realized Woody had tired of his nonsense and no extension

So Tinhatwearer and RJensenwhatever aand other Hermie apologists, ENOUGH!You must be one of those guys who really believed she wanted to be friends after she dumped you butt. If you wish to collude in a circle jerk over the wonders and talents of Coach Liar Jerk Chicken, look here and be gone-

All this board does is talk about Herm and the Chiefs.You don't have to go to a Chiefs board to discuss Herm,all you gotta do is visit any Jet board. I respond to what is post,and sometimes I start topics that lead down that same road.

Take a look at the topics on this board.Almost everyone has a Mention of someone nobody wants to talk about.

If Herman Edwards didn't coach on sunday's like most believe,how exactly did anyone take his Lunch.

Oh,and I don't worry about being rediculed.I've lived with it all my life.I'm a black man who loves country Music,wears a stetson and Boots every single day and drives a pickup truck.

We're talking on an internet message board,who's getting hurt.

One more thing you oughtta know.I hope like Hell Eric Mangini succeeds.I've been a Jet fan for more than 30 yr,and I hate losing.

One more thing you oughtta know.I hope like Hell Eric Mangini succeeds.I've been a Jet fan for more than 30 yr,and I hate losing.

Than why in hell would you support Herm???

Than why in hell would you support Herm???

Do you have any idea how many times in 30 yrs the Jets made the playoffs.I don't care how it looks,as long as the NYJets are playing in the tournament as have a shot .If you don't make the tournament,you have no shot.

That's why i supported Herm.Herm to my Knowledge was not the GM,so he was not responsible for the players who came or who Left for what ever reason.

I supported Hackett because he protected his QB and our miserable defense for 4 yrs.During those 4 yrs,we won alot more than we lost,and that's what you play the game for and why i watch.

Who cares about the playoffs? Our goal isn't to get to the playoffs every year and then get our asses beat. Herm won 2 out of 5 games for us in the playoffs. The blowout against indy, and the debacle against san diego. We gave san diego every opportunity to win that game and they blew it, the next week we gave pittsburgh the same and they didn't. Who cares if you can make it to the playoffs if you always gets out coached by somebody in the end. Herm could never take us past the divisional playoff games. After we beat indy look what happened. We stuck with it against oakland and went tied into the half. They made the right adjustments afterwards, we didn't. Shutout in the second half.

I cant wait until the Chiefs fans see how well conditioned their team will be in week 1.

Anybody remember how beat tired our defense looked in the 2001 season opener.

actually it will take 2 years forthis to really manifest itself.

the players will still be in decent shape this year and happy they are on easy street and play pretty good,, itsthe 2nd year when the lack of conditioning starts to hit and now the 'entitlement' attitude of Herm works us like men, doesnt treat us like college guys starts to erode thier TEAM mnetality to that of ME,, aka, no fines, overweight, less practices etc.. it takes a while but ITS STARTED

Archived