1st MLB Team To 30 Wins

The Gun Of Bavaria

congrats GOB

I have Bonderman on a fantasy team and just picked up Robertson, lets hope those two win atleast 10 more games this year

I picked up Benson, Glavine and Maroth after the draft. Not to mention Taylor Bucholz.

Tigers are looking damn good.

Good to see the Tigers doing good.

Keep those young arms healthy so when Schilling, Wakfield and Fat Man retire, the Sox can fill out there rotation. ;)

GOB, seriously though, do they have them locked in yet?

Keep those young arms healthy so when Schilling, Wakfield and Fat Man retire, the Sox can fill out there rotation. ;)

I agree with teams that lock in young talent for their Arb. and early FA seasons. But when that young talent is pitching talent, I am not sure this is the way to go. Pitching in Baseball is so fragile, that to lock in a kid for 5 years at a high contract (but one that will be much less costly over the same 5 years if the kid stays healthy and good) is a very large gamble.

They're locked up, and the Tigers more than have the resources to compete with the Red Sox. They're going nowhere.

Tigers have been getting great starting pitching from their young guys and Rogers has not blown up yet at least

When Rogers goes 4-1 with an era under 4.00 after the all star break, then i'll get excited. Rogers has a knack for struggling post all star break.

Division / League / World Series Champions are won in October.

Not in April or May. We've been telling Red Sox fans this for years, now the Tigers fans too? Ugh.

Since when has either me, my brother, or Storm gloated that the Tigers were going to win the division? Chances are they wont. I'm hoping for a winning season, but if they make the playoffs, they makes it all the better.

At the same time though, it's really had to call this team a fluke anymore. They are a genuinely good team. But..at the same time..our test of just how good the team is is coming up shortly. We have home series' against Cleveland, New York, and Boston coming up before beginning a 3 game series at Chicago. Those games will tell us what kind of a team the Tigers are.

Since when has either me, my brother, or Storm gloated that the Tigers were going to win the division?

Mavrik, ignore him. Yankee fans seem to have some sort of inferiority complex right now. Anything perceived as celebrating or gloating needs to be shot down, because, well, misery loves company.

Mavrik, ignore him. Yankee fans seem to have some sort of inferiority complex right now. Anything perceived as celebrating or gloating needs to be shot down, because, well, misery loves company.

says the same 21 year old man who cries at good-natured ribbing over a trade from last year.

says the same man who cries at good-natured ribbing over a trade from last year.

Hmm. Please show me where I "cried"?

I believe my responses to those threads about Kazmir involved the following points:

1) Exactly since when do Yankee fans care about anything having to do with the Mets?

2) If Kazmir was a former Royal, he would not be discussed, particularly not by Yankee fans.

3) Why are Yankee fans chuckling over the fact that the Yankees will have to face this "phenom" 4-5 times a season?

You gotta love how original threads and posts get hijacked around here

Tigers also getting good closing work from Jones

Not to mention, Justin Verlander, from Old Domionion, has what, 2 shutouts in his last 2 starts? The kid is a right-handed Kazmir.

You gotta love how original threads and posts get hijacked around here

Tigers also getting good closing work from Jones

who needs troy percivil with todd jones pitching that solid.

there, i stayed on topic. give me a cookie.

Not to mention, Justin Verlander, from Old Domionion, has what, 2 shutouts in his last 2 starts? The kid is a right-handed Kazmir.

In the paper that I read it said that Verlander was clocked at 99 MPH for some of his pitches last night

In the paper that I read it said that Verlander was clocked at 99 MPH for some of his pitches last night

I never saw Verlander pitch, but when he was at Old Domionion, he faced UNCW at least once in which many scouts attended the game to see him. That just doesn't happen often in this conference. He wasn't overwhelmingly impressive, giving up 4-5 runs in the loss here in Wilmington, but the radar guns did have him in the mid 90's. He must have grown up a bit in the Detroit farm system.

I'm enjoying the Tigers success, even as a Red Sox fan. I love parody in the league and enjoy seeing other teams win.. as long as it isn't the Yanks. However, 6 wins of the Tigers have come against the Royals, 7 against the Twins, 3 against the Mariners.. etc etc. They are winless against the White Sox and have not played the Yanks or the Red Sox yet. So until I see some quality wins against better opponents I am going to reserve judgement on the Tigers.

Yeah... they're beating the teams they should and the teams they need to. Minnesota and Cleveland were both supposed to be better than the Tigers, this year. These next games will be tough, but hey... it has to be done.

4 game set with the Yankees starting Monday. They do not play again until the Tigers come to the Bronx at the very end of August.

Think they draw 180,000+ for these 4 games? Home team playing very well, and the best road draw in Professional sports coming in.

They had three overflows when the Reds came to down. But, that was a weekend series, and the Yanks series is during the week. Anything over 120,000 would be decent. That's 30,000 a night. And Comerica only holds 45/46,000.

I know. I was wondering if they would have sellout crowds. You seem to feel they won't. I would be surprised if they do not. It has been rare that both the Yankees and Tigers were going good at the same time.

I know. I was wondering if they would have sellout crowds. You seem to feel they won't. I would be surprised if they do not. It has been rare that both the Yankees and Tigers were going good at the same time.

I think not because it's May, kids are still in school, and it's during the week. If it were, say... Thursday-Sunday, there'd be a shot... but the Memorial Day crowd will be huge.

Archived