Nice defense lastings

Blackout

Where's MadMike who said Lester couldn't pitch against good lineups?

He sits at friggein 89 MPH and he can't get the ball over the plate. He'll never be CLOSE to a top of the rotation guy. He dosn't have dominent stuff those guys gets figured out REAL quick.

He sits at friggein 89 MPH and he can't get the ball over the plate. He'll never be CLOSE to a top of the rotation guy. He dosn't have dominent stuff those guys gets figured out REAL quick.

You probably haven't been watching. He has very good stuff and that's why his lower 90s fastball is just fine. It moves. Alot. When he matures and gets his command he's going to be a very good #2 or #3 starter. Which is fine, because he is only one of a plethora of young guns we have.

You probably haven't been watching. He has very good stuff and that's why his lower 90s fastball is just fine. It moves. Alot. When he matures and gets his command he's going to be a very good #2 or #3 starter. Which is fine, because he is only one of a plethora of young guns we have.

5ip 5bb yeah he's great. the guy is COMPLETELY overrated. he has a hitch in his motion which is fooling hitters but guys with those kind of gimmick motions get figured out quickly. It's INCREDIBLE and laughable that idiots were comparing him to hughes. lol But then again boston fans arn't known for their realism.

Dude, you sound ridiculous with this statement. He just went 5 innings against a VERY good hitting team and collected 5Ks. Sure he walked 5, but he got out of jams. He is young and as a lefty he faced a ton of right handed hitting and got through it. Id he overhyped? Absolutley. But he is a great young pitcher with a very bright future. You had one in Kazmir, remember him?

Dude, you sound ridiculous with this statement. He just went 5 innings against a VERY good hitting team and collected 5Ks. Sure he walked 5, but he got out of jams. He is young and as a lefty he faced a ton of right handed hitting and got through it. Id he overhyped? Absolutley. But he is a great young pitcher with a very bright future. You had one in Kazmir, remember him?

first of all i'm not a mets fan but you comparing him to kazmir who sits at 94 and has a NASTY split is just stupid lester has NOWHERE NEAR kazmir's stuff.

first of all i'm not a mets fan but you comparing him to kazmir who sits at 94 and has a NASTY split is just stupid lester has NOWHERE NEAR kazmir's stuff.

Here you go showing your ignorance again. Lester's fastball was topping out at 93. Which isn't a great speed, but with a 77 MHP cutter, a 76 sometime low 70s breaking ball, and a fastball which moves out on lefties and in on righties, he has a very bright future. Even the Mets announcers were raving about him. You said he couldn't pitch against real ML hitting. Well the Mets have a very good line-up and the bottom line is he gave up just 2 ER in 5 innings. Just take your crow and eat it.

Here you go showing your ignorance again. Lester's fastball was topping out at 93. Which isn't a great speed, but with a 77 MHP cutter, a 76 sometime low 70s breaking ball, and a fastball which moves out on lefties and in on righties, he has a very bright future. Even the Mets announcers were raving about him. You said he couldn't pitch against real ML hitting. Well the Mets have a very good line-up and the bottom line is he gave up just 2 ER in 5 innings. Just take your crow and eat it.

First of all his FB hit 93 about 2 times the entire game and it sat at 89. I never said he wasn't a major league pitcher but he's also nowhere near a top of the rotation starter. He dosn't have CLOSE to dominent stuff.

the one week where i go up against Manny in a fantasy league, you have to misjudge a flyball and give Manny 2 free RBI's?

that was funny as hell...

its good he has stuff like that happen now,, keep him humble and off the Doc/Straw fast-path to sniffcity

madmike is 100% right. Lesters little hitch in his motion, the slow arm, and the fastball has sneaked in on hitters. Once they get a book on him they'll hit him hard and then he'll have to reinvent his game alittle maybe adding a new pitch. His stuff is very average and lack of control is really unimpressive.

OK. If a nasty 3-2 curveball to David Wright with the bases loaded to strand the runners isn't enough to convince you I don't know what is. I'm done with MadMike and Barton. I won't prove them wrong anymore. I'll let Pedro Martinez do it. One of the greatest pitchers of all time said this about Jon Lester. You can send apology cards when you eat crow.

Yeah they suck....?!?!?!

Best Record in NL

Homefield in NL

Playoffs

Possibly in WS

Yeah, you are living in the bizzaro world...

LL

Yeah, the Tampa Bay Devil Rays are "possibly" in the WS too, they haven't been mathematically eliminated yet. Wake up LL, it's June 28.

I hope your boys win tonight.

OK. If a nasty 3-2 curveball to David Wright with the bases loaded to strand the runners isn't enough to convince you I don't know what is. I'm done with MadMike and Barton. I won't prove them wrong anymore. I'll let Pedro Martinez do it. One of the greatest pitchers of all time said this about Jon Lester. You can send apology cards when you eat crow.

Players will never bash other players no matter what they think thats a classic not wanting to offend people comment by pedro.. Lester dosn't have CLOSE to dominent stuff.

You're just so lame. He struck out David Wright with the bases loaded and a 3-2 count with a curveball. If you know anything about baseball that says it all. Pedro is nothing but an honest guy. The hitters were raving about him too and so was the manager. You're just jealous because of all of the young weapons we have on our staff. You guys may have some players like that if you didn't trade them all away.

You're just so lame. He struck out David Wright with the bases loaded and a 3-2 count with a curveball. If you know anything about baseball that says it all. Pedro is nothing but an honest guy. The hitters were raving about him too and so was the manager. You're just jealous because of all of the young weapons we have on our staff. You guys may have some players like that if you didn't trade them all away.

So any pitcher who ever k'd a good hitter is great? LMAO you're the moron buddy. You have papelbum who pitching great and thats it Hansen and Delcarmen are garbage and lester is a decent middle of the rotation starter.

So any pitcher who ever k'd a good hitter is great? LMAO you're the moron buddy. You have papelbum who pitching great and thats it Hansen and Delcarmen are garbage and lester is a decent middle of the rotation starter.

Delcarmen and Hansen haven't even pitched a full season. Thanks for name-calling just goes to prove my point. you're barely treading water on this argument. The fact that with the bases loaded and a 3-2 count and you throw a curveball means many things in basell. First of all you have some kinda moxie to do it, especially with Wright at the plate, secondly a fastball is usually thrown in that situation because it's a safe pitch. The fact it was his 116th pitch and he placed it perfectly also says something. Give it up. No one else agrees with you. A major league pitching legend and professional players agree with me. Give it up. And anyone who makes fun of Papelbon's name is jealous as well.

Archived