Are we ever gonna sign a draft pick?

34st GANG

Patience young grasshopper, its a waiting game..Part of the problem is Bush at # 2 wants more then Super Mario..No one wants to go first when 3 goes then 4..etc or if 3 and 5 sign then Brick chimes in..They'll all be on time...no worries

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but maybe some of the agents are trying to test out our new GM. Yeah, yeah, I know he was doing the contracts before under Bradway, but maybe the agents are trying to see what they can get away with now that he's the head man.

I think the problem might be in the 2nd and 3rd picks. Once that is

settled I think everything will fall into place. Don't forget we have 2

first round picks and what could easily be called another in the 2nd.

They have to fit into the rookie cap so its possible that is whats holding

up the later round picks.

I think the problem might be in the 2nd and 3rd picks. Once that is

settled I think everything will fall into place. Don't forget we have 2

first round picks and what could easily be called another in the 2nd.

They have to fit into the rookie cap so its possible that is whats holding

up the later round picks.

That's exactly right, don't forget these are AGENTS their dealing with ,kinda like used car salesmen, their trying to squeeze every last drop out of a contract, so they all play the waiting game for the picks in front of them to settle ,but R.Bush is screwing it up by demanding more then Super Mario..I could be wrong ,it's just my opinion

Considering the fact that rookie camp starts tomorrow, dont you think that some of the Jets rookies are all ready "hold outs". I mean even if they sign tonight many of them wouldnt be on the field tomorrow.

Its popular right now to slam agents and players for their contract demands, but keep in mind just as players and agents are trying to squeeze every dime out of the contract, owners and managers are trying to get as much playing time as cheap as possible. Because the Jets, unlike some, insist that their rookies sign a four year contract they may run into trouble negotiating that fourth year deal. (Since other teams only sign rookies to three years that fourth year ((for most the new contract year)) is where most players look to make the real money. That means they expect at least part of the fourth year rewards to be a part of their first contract).

Archived