Pats resign LB Chad Brown

faba

Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but ESPN.com is reporting that the 14-year veteran agreed to a one-year contract worth $810,000.

Brown, 36, recorded 37 tackles in 15 games last season, his first with New England.

A three-time Pro Bowler, the 6-2, 245-pound Brown has collected 1,097 tackles and 78 sacks in 178 career games with the Patriots, the Seattle Seahawks and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

New England made several smaller moves Thursday, re-signing free-agent linemen Gene Mruczkowski and Billy Yates and releasing linebacker Ryan Claridge and rookie defensive lineman Kader Drame.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but ESPN.com is reporting that the 14-year veteran agreed to a one-year contract worth $810,000.

Brown, 36, recorded 37 tackles in 15 games last season, his first with New England.

A three-time Pro Bowler, the 6-2, 245-pound Brown has collected 1,097 tackles and 78 sacks in 178 career games with the Patriots, the Seattle Seahawks and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

New England made several smaller moves Thursday, re-signing free-agent linemen Gene Mruczkowski and Billy Yates and releasing linebacker Ryan Claridge and rookie defensive lineman Kader Drame.

Looks like the Pats LB problems are over with the signing of a 3-time Pro Bowl LB.

This signing will put them over the top.:cheers:

Chad Brown was so frickin' awesome last year, this signing makes all the sense in the world! Instead of dealing for Donnie Edwards - a 33 year old proven lb with lot's left in the tank, no, The Pats signs a 36 year old lb who was too retarded to understand the Pats defensive schemes last year. This is fantastic!

Here's another "winner"

SULLIVAN SUCKS . . . WIND

A league source tells us that Pats defensive tackle Johnathan "Burger and Fries" Sullivan was on the ground and virtually in convulsions after completing only a handful of gassers as part of the annual conditioning test imposed by New England coach Bill Belichick.

As a result, Sullivan has landed on the physically unable to perform list, and likely will remain there until he shows that he's in adequate shape.

The sixth overall pick in the 2003 draft, Sullivan was acquired by the Pats in June, via trade from New Orleans. He was arrested in Georgia within a few weeks thereafter.

A 36 year old LB got more than the veteran minimum. Gone are the days when NE had leverage. They have to overpay for overaged talent now.

Maxi - I believe for a 14 year vet, $810K is the vet minimum. Thanks fr playing.

Yes, if the year was 1997.

If Vilma was a Patriot, he would not even be good enough to be sent to NFL Europe so the Patriots can use that extra roster spot during training camp.

If Vilma was a Patriot, he would not even be good enough to be sent to NFL Europe so the Patriots can use that extra roster spot during training camp.
Man, what? Vilma is a tackling Machine .The only player on your team that even comes close to Vilma is Teddy B. and he is one stinger away from going into Convulsions.

Strokes,CP,The Shakes,Alhzeimers What ever you wanna call it he's about one bad hit away from one of those! Just call um like I see um.

Teddy B: Inventor of the Harlem Shuffle (your Jinglin baby )

And you know for a fact that if a person has had a stroke that a good hit can lead to another one? You really must be a doctor. :rolleyes:

Not a doctor ,but I was a medical Asistant and yes another big hit could end his career.

Seeing that you never made it to doctor, you'll have to excuse me while I call bull$hit. A big hit COULD end any players career, stroke or no stroke.

Seeing that you never made it to doctor, you'll have to excuse me while I call bull$hit. A big hit COULD end any players career, stroke or no stroke.

Yeah but with the stroke thing it's even more perilous, and before you ask no I'm not a doctor and I didn't stay at a holiday inn last night either, I just have a knack for identifying risky situations that could lead to monetary damages.;)

Yeah but with the stroke thing it's even more perilous, and before you ask no I'm not a doctor and I didn't stay at a holiday inn last night either, I just have a knack for identifying risky situations that could lead to monetary damages.;)

He spoke with multiple doctors before making his decision to return. They all assured him that he was at no higher risk for another stroke by returning to football.

He spoke with multiple doctors before making his decision to return. They all assured him that he was at no higher risk for another stroke by returning to football.

Don't even bother trying to tell the truth, using logic or stating the facts - these are Jets fans. They live in la-la land.

So I guess Tully Banta-Cain is? LMAO

What was once the stronest area of your team is dwindling away at an incredibly fast rate.

Well said, Pats fall apart this year so be careful with your fantasy drafts and don't pick up Pats players as they will be taking a huge fall.;)

Archived