OK, back to football

MSGold12

I am curious to know where you guys stand on the QB issue.

While I personally wold love to see Chad rveert back to 2002 form, after 2 major shoulder operations, I have serious doubts. That is why I am openly rooting for Ramsey to win the job outright.

I think this guy got a raw deal in wash. Between Spuriers ridiculous O and Gibbs love of vets (Brunnell) I dont thin hes ever gotten a fair shake. hes got a great arm and is smart and has a positive td to int ratio and a 55+ comp % for his career. PLus, he hasnt shredded his rotator.

I tink Clemens is the future but Id love to see Ramsey throw a monket wrench into that plan by winning the job and having a big year.

Thoughts?

I think Clemens is the future, but damn I have never seen a 2nd rd pick get so much hype.

I do not want to see Pennington as our starting QB ever again. We know what he is all about. An injury prone, nice QB, with no arm and absolutely NO POTENTIAL.

Patrick Ramsey, at the very least, has all the parts from the manual. And there is an unknown/untapped talent with him that Chad Pennington does not have, and never will have again. And that

There's no point to this 4-way thing unless Clemens really has a shot. And that may be the move-get the drowing pains out of the way now, or at least by midseason.

Pennington is a gamer. he was great in 2002, but really,you cannot expect much after 2 shoulder surgeries for a guy who's arm was questionable anyway.

I've been a Ramsey guy from the onset. Don't see how a QB who never had a strong arm to begin with can be as good or better after having his wing repaired not once, but twice.

Here's the other thing. They (coaching staff) can't be putzing too much around with this 4 QB competition thing...the line and the QB (whoever that will be) needs to get a rhythm going and you won't have that throwing 4 guys in there getting reps on a line with two rooks.

Bottom line is they need to announce the starter no later than the first preseason game...these guys need to get in sinc.

I've been a Ramsey guy from the onset. Don't see how a QB who never had a strong arm to begin with can be as good or better after having his wing repaired not once, but twice.

Here's the other thing. They (coaching staff) can't be putzing too much around with this 4 QB competition thing...the line and the QB (whoever that will be) needs to get a rhythm going and you won't have that throwing 4 guys in there getting reps on a line with two rooks.

Bottom line is they need to announce the starter no later than the first preseason game...these guys need to get in sinc.

ditto

I'm rooting for Pennington to win the job for the following reasons: Ramsey has been beaten around enough, let him start in week 8 if Pennington is hurt again. He's not the type to help the O Line's development. Clemens needs to sit a year and learn - I'm not a fan of a QB and 2 OL learning and gaining their experience at the same time. Why get a kid who might turn out to be something get killed in year one. Bollywood - well, if the line is really that bad, and he's still around, let him play out the string instead of Ramsey.

Chad should be the starter for opening day if for no other reason that the kids on the OL need a strong, intelligent leader.

Ramsey should start game one:

1) If he's any good he's already signed for cheap next year (even if he's going to be used as a backup)

2) As JetFanFL said, and ancient memories of 2002 notwithstanding, Chad's upside is VERY limited due to his arm strength.

3) The more we play Chad the less cap room we have in 2007 (due to incentives in his restructured contract) when we should be making a more realistic push. Keep in mind if he plays zero games we still have $9M of Chad's SB to absorb plus significant hits from Martin and also possibly/likely DRob, JMac, Barrett, and some more left over for Chrebet.

4) Barring a MIRACLE happening, Chad won't be here next year & I'd rather see guys who are.

right now i'm keeping my faith in the hc making the right decision. if this 4 man circlejerk carries on much longer my faith will wain.

this sounds crazy but I don't think penny's injury prone any more than the next guy. hand was a fluke. took a bad hit to the cuff & idiot supervisors threw him to the wolves too soon with a pisspoor front line. bad management all around.chad comes at a high price & I kinda think the brass already knows to a degree what road they'll take in this long term financial regard with chad. If he takes the 1st snap, i'm gonna remain faithful that mangini thinks chad can do great things for the new york jets

I won't mind seeing ramsey take the 1st snap. I agree with the skins pisspoor handling of ramsey & don't doubt for a minute he can be great.

while I agree clemons needs to watch & learn, I don't blame mangini for wantin to see how he stacks up.

as for bolly, um how's fredjetstone gettin on with his beatnic poetry & stuff.

I wanna see the rotation down to 2 guys very soon

I wanna see the rotation down to 2 guys very soon

Bingo, we have a winner.

It is critical to get the QB's down to a 2-man rotation as soon as possible.

You can't play musical chairs with the QB's heading into the season.

Mangini will never come out and say it, but watch over the next 10-14 days and see which two take fewer and fewer snaps.

Bingo, we have a winner.

Mangini will never come out and say it, but watch over the next 10-14 days and see which two take fewer and fewer snaps.

I only wanna here that when greenbeans say it tx. :)

to even keep 3 in rotation for too long is either foolish or mangini is looking past chad to play imo

Bingo, we have a winner.

This is more true that anyone knows, and Mangini is smart enough to see that.

But interestingly, it appears in the first chunk of Camp, that RAMSEY of all people is the one taking the fewest snaps (based on reports from JI Posters who attend).

I am truly puzzled as to what that could mean. Too many possabillities to even start, from very good for Ramsey, to very very bad.

I am a Ramsey fan, and I hope he wins the job.....but I have bad vibes right now. Nothing concrete. Just bad.

The 11th of August cannot come soon enough.

this sounds crazy but I don't think penny's injury prone any more than the next guy. hand was a fluke. took a bad hit to the cuff & idiot supervisors threw him to the wolves too soon with a pisspoor front line. bad management all around.

I agree with this 100%, I think Chad had some bad luck then got screwed after this first shoulder injury. Having said that....It doesn't change the fact that his arm strength took a serious hit from the injuries......I would like to see Chad come back and lite a fire under the Offense. Just seemed like the players liked to play for him. But we all know it is a long shot .

JMO Chad is going to win this job and the only way he will lose it is if he gets injured - with Brick protecting his back side should be less of a chance.

Chad never stopped acting like the starting QB of this team and believe it or not that means something in the locker room. Jets fans wrote this guy off along time ago but if you follow his career, he's been written off before (not a great athlete, didn't get a 1-A scholarship) and has always exceeded everyone's expectations of him.

I ont necessarily disagree with that...but if he cant throw the balla cross the street it wont matter what he acts like in the lockeroom. Plus, if Ramsey walked in here and started actig ike he was the starter everyne woud look at him like he was nuts. Chad CAN walk around that way because truth is hes the only ONE who can!!!!

Jets fans wrote this guy off along time ago but if you follow his career, he's been written off before (not a great athlete, didn't get a 1-A scholarship) and has always exceeded everyone's expectations of him.

Yes, true. But after not one, but two, consecutive seasons ended resulting in a serious shoulder injury, there is reasonable doubt that he can perform to the highest level.

That being said, I think it is in the Jets best intrest to start Ramsey, see how he does up until the bye week. If we are in contention to make a playoff run, keep him there, if not, Clemens should take over as the starter.

I loved Chad back in 2002, but let's face it, his days are over.

I am curious to know where you guys stand on the QB issue.

While I personally wold love to see Chad rveert back to 2002 form, after 2 major shoulder operations, I have serious doubts. That is why I am openly rooting for Ramsey to win the job outright.

I think this guy got a raw deal in wash. Between Spuriers ridiculous O and Gibbs love of vets (Brunnell) I dont thin hes ever gotten a fair shake. hes got a great arm and is smart and has a positive td to int ratio and a 55+ comp % for his career. PLus, he hasnt shredded his rotator.

I tink Clemens is the future but Id love to see Ramsey throw a monket wrench into that plan by winning the job and having a big year.

Thoughts?

I agree 100% with every word you wrote. This is exactly how I feel.

I loved Chad back in 2002, but let's face it, his days are over.

I feel 95% the same way. 02 was a magical year for him but since that time he just hasn't hit his targets with enough consistancy to make me feel good about him as the QB. Injuries, no line, bad play call, all considered - bottom line - he hasn't make the throws. It doesn't help that most D's are able cheat in on him but thats all part of the deal.

He's a phenomenal guy with nothing but A+'s on his report card as a person. Factor in 2 major surguries and I say the only way he starts is if Ramsey totally steps on his member and Clemens just reeks of too much inexperience. Bolly - how could they not let him try out? If he's behind center we're hosed.

I'd love to see Ramsey get his confidence and poise squared away. He's got a great arm and is right with up there with Chad on the solid citizen list. Clemens seems to have all the tools but it's probably asking too much to have him step in and be effective this year - and I'd love to be wrong about that.

I feel 95% the same way. 02 was a magical year for him but since that time he just hasn't hit his targets with enough consistancy to make me feel good about him as the QB. Injuries, no line, bad play call, all considered - bottom line - he hasn't make the throws. It doesn't help that most D's are able cheat in on him but thats all part of the deal.

I will not put the final nail in until he fails under this coaching staff. Fresh start for everyone.

Archived