Bills Fan Here...

Evans83

Hey Jets fans, Bills fan here.

Just wanted to stop by, and wish you luck on Sunday. Hopefully it'll be the regular, competitve matchup it usually turns out to be.

I'll be at the Ralph on Sunday, and ready to get loud.

The stadium should be insanely loud, as usual, can't wait.

OK, good luck, and here's to a good, injury-free game.

Later!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Jets need to focus all their energy on defense to stopping McGahee and Thomas. If they do, Losman is bad enough to lose the game for BUF. If they don't then BUF is going to win the game.

That's what Miami tried to do, but they obviously didn't do so.

Losman played a good mistake-free game, and got the yards when called upon.

If he can have another performance like that, and even a little better, I think that can help us pull it out.

All I know is the Bills are going to try and control the clock with McGahee / Thomas, move the chains, and take the points.

That's why I see a 19-13 Buffalo win.

;)

The Jets are no Miami.

I mean, didn't Dr Z say "Miami vs Carolina" in the Super Bowl this year? :)

BZ

LOL, both teams are 0-2.

But it makes me sleep a bit easier knowing the Bills success against the Jets at home.

Whenever the Bills travel to the Meadowlands, I always chalk it up as a loss, we never seem to do very well.

That's what Miami tried to do, but they obviously didn't do so.

Losman played a good mistake-free game, and got the yards when called upon.

If he can have another performance like that, and even a little better, I think that can help us pull it out.

All I know is the Bills are going to try and control the clock with McGahee / Thomas, move the chains, and take the points.

That's why I see a 19-13 Buffalo win.

;)

Personally, I think MIA has one of the most overrated D's in the NFL. I do think we will do a better job of containing McGahee and Thomas than they did. As far as Losman's performance, I don't see how an 83 yard day can possibly have you thinking that is adequate. Like you say, the Bills are going to try and run the ball and control the clock. That's why the Jets have to stop it. If we do then it comes down to QB play in which case, even though I'm not the biggest fan of Pennington, we have an enormous edge over Losman.

i know its weak, but that pass to evans deep that was interfered with would have added 50+ yards, and it was almost a given reception. plus, they really didnt need him to pass, and its not like he had alot of missed attempts. i think if he needs to he can perform better, but they just havent asked him to yet.

Personally, I think MIA has one of the most overrated D's in the NFL. I do think we will do a better job of containing McGahee and Thomas than they did. As far as Losman's performance, I don't see how an 83 yard day can possibly have you thinking that is adequate. Like you say, the Bills are going to try and run the ball and control the clock. That's why the Jets have to stop it. If we do then it comes down to QB play in which case, even though I'm not the biggest fan of Pennington, we have an enormous edge over Losman.

The Bills are going to be blitzing a lot on Sunday, so we'll see how the Jets O-Line holds up.

One thing that does not show up on Losman's stat sheet is a 50+ yard throw, where Evans had a sure TD, and Miami's corner interfered with him.

All of this should make for a close game.

i know its weak, but that pass to evans deep that was interfered with would have added 50+ yards, and it was almost a given reception. plus, they really didnt need him to pass, and its not like he had alot of missed attempts. i think if he needs to he can perform better, but they just havent asked him to yet.

Very weak.

I am sure there are 4 Super Bowls worth of Ifs. :)

BZ

LOL, both teams are 0-2.

But it makes me sleep a bit easier knowing the Bills success against the Jets at home.

Whenever the Bills travel to the Meadowlands, I always chalk it up as a loss, we never seem to do very well.

That's pretty much what I see this year, too - home wins for both teams.

Here's hoping both teams come out on the other side with no injuries.

Gotta take the better QB, Jets 23 Bills 10. Losman throws an INT returned for a TD in the closing minutes of the 4th quarter as the Bills are driving that makes the game look further apart than it really is. That's going to be the key for us, force Losman to beat us.

Welcome to the site jetnation- The key for the Jets to win will be can we stop the Bills from controlling the clock and running the ball down our throats.

That and winning the turnover battle. Though, last week was an anomaly as the Jets won the TO battle (2-1, but it was 2-0 until the last NYJ play of the game)

but still lost the game.

A couple of picks or fumbles will either turn the crowd on or quiet them down.

I had to double check to see if I was logged into Jetnation.

I couldn't believe there was an intelligent conversation with fans from

another team.

It wasn't the usual inane, childish posts that you usually get from

fans of a certain team.

Max, how did you let this happen. There was no controversey.

You must be slipping.

Just wanted to stop by, and wish you luck on Sunday. Hopefully it'll be the regular, competitve matchup it usually turns out to be.

Later!

Thanks for stoppin by!

Gotta take the better QB, Jets 23 Bills 10. Losman throws an INT returned for a TD in the closing minutes of the 4th quarter as the Bills are driving that makes the game look further apart than it really is. That's going to be the key for us, force Losman to beat us.

We put up 31 as Shotty JR. calls a Bill Walsh esque game and Penny makes people forget Joe Montana.

completely agree biggs, spread that defense out. quick strikes, deep strikes, to the sideline, a slant, a screen.

Then a little Barlow toss sweep with Nimble Nick and his gang leading the way.

The 49's first SB was won with the 29th ranked rushing attack in the league. They picked up Wyndell Tyler and than Craig and Hearst for their later runs but Walsh designed an O utilizing the passing game to compensate for the lack of a running attack. I think we can do that if Pennington can establish 15 to 20 yards outside the hash marks right away. Once the middle is open up we should be able to do anything we want including dump offs over the middle and rushing between the tackles. We need to knock the crap out of that young aggresive D right out of the gate, get them backing up and keep punching.

We get a lead on this team and everything shifts in our favor.

yeah, i think its a great a idea /\.

I posted in the other board - the idea to stratch the field horizontally, outside the hashmarks.

The Jets IMO are a finesse team. We have finesse blockers, and almost a finesse passing offense.

That's our identity -- so far. We haven't seen what opening up the offense from the outset via passiing, consistently, unceasingly, would do for a Kevan Barlow.

He could be plowing dudes over for 5 yard gains at a time by the start of the second quarter.

Later!

Yeah. What he said!!!

The 49's first SB was won with the 29th ranked rushing attack in the league. They picked up Wyndell Tyler and than Craig and Hearst for their later runs but Walsh designed an O utilizing the passing game to compensate for the lack of a running attack. I think we can do that if Pennington can establish 15 to 20 yards outside the hash marks right away. Once the middle is open up we should be able to do anything we want including dump offs over the middle and rushing between the tackles. We need to knock the crap out of that young aggresive D right out of the gate, get them backing up and keep punching.

We get a lead on this team and everything shifts in our favor.

If you've read some of my posts on this board and TGG, you'll notice I'm a big proponent of a pass first offense. I'm 100% behind you on this notion, and not only do I agree this is how we're being built, I think this is the best type of offense to have in the NFL, especially the modern NFL that favors passing and WRs so much.

If you've read some of my posts on this board and TGG, you'll notice I'm a big proponent of a pass first offense. I'm 100% behind you on this notion, and not only do I agree this is how we're being built, I think this is the best type of offense to have in the NFL, especially the modern NFL that favors passing and WRs so much.

thing is, to compete in the north east, in the winter, or in the playoffs in general, it becomes essential to have a running game.

what i believe is that the jets can not only capitalize on a dynamic air attack, and become a very aggressive team in that way, but also that this will

o p e n u p

the running lanes. It will create a runnig game where before there was none.

I posted in the other board - the idea to stratch the field horizontally, outside the hashmarks.

The Jets IMO are a finesse team. We have finesse blockers, and almost a finesse passing offense.

I'm not so sure the runnng game will go down that way. Though I'll have a better idea of the bills after the game, i think their D is a little smaller and quicker than it was.

Their DL is faster too, and not as big. So, I wouldnt be surprised to see some more of those off tackle to Barlow plays that we saw last week, though they didnt work too well against a tough pats DLine.

There may be better success hitting the hole strong than trying to go around the edge. But, we'll see.

Archived