Bills Fan Here...

Evans83

I'm not so sure the runnng game will go down that way. Though I'll have a better idea of the bills after the game, i think their D is a little smaller and quicker than it was.

Their DL is faster too, and not as big. So, I wouldnt be surprised to see some more of those off tackle to Barlow plays that we saw last week, though they didnt work too well against a tough pats DLine.

There may be better success hitting the hole strong than trying to go around the edge. But, we'll see.

In my experience, hitting the hole strong always results in success!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thing is, to compete in the north east, in the winter, or in the playoffs in general, it becomes essential to have a running game.

what i believe is that the jets can not only capitalize on a dynamic air attack, and become a very aggressive team in that way, but also that this will

o p e n u p

the running lanes. It will create a runnig game where before there was none.

Well, the things we're saying aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. Being a pass first offense doesn't mean you never run, it just means you pass to set up the run, rather than the reverse. But even if the pass/run ratio is skewed heavily in the favor of the pass, I don't believe your first statement is correct. The Eagles are in the northeast, and aside from injuries because of the last year, they are a heavy pass team. The Patriots are also a northeast team, and they won 2 SBs before they ever found a running game. So I have to disagree with that statement of yours. Now if you were to say those QBs have stronger arms than Chad, and that played a factor, perhaps. But I think Chad has shown his arm is fine now, it might be enough.

Well, the things we're saying aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. Being a pass first offense doesn't mean you never run, it just means you pass to set up the run, rather than the reverse. But even if the pass/run ratio is skewed heavily in the favor of the pass, I don't believe your first statement is correct. The Eagles are in the northeast, and aside from injuries because of the last year, they are a heavy pass team. The Patriots are also a northeast team, and they won 2 SBs before they ever found a running game. So I have to disagree with that statement of yours. Now if you were to say those QBs have stronger arms than Chad, and that played a factor, perhaps. But I think Chad has shown his arm is fine now, it might be enough.

those teams had dominant defenses and great qbing.

Not to mention solid running attacks.

PHILLY -- always a team effort

2000 (11-5)

McNabb alone had 629 yds andn 7.3 ypc - of the teams 1882 total yards and 4.7 ypc. Team 15 TDs.

2001 (11-5)

sTALEY - 604

bUCKHALTER - 586

mCnABB - 482

1778 total

2002 (12-4)

Staley 1029

McNabb 460 7.3 avg

Levens 411 5.5 ypc

westbrook 193 4.2

thrash 126 7.0

total 2220 15 TDs

2003 (12-4)

Wesybrook 613 5.2

Buckhalter 542 4.3

Staley 463 4.8

McNabb 355

total 2015 23 TDs

2004 (13-3)

Westbrook 812 4.6

Levens 410 4.4

McNbb 220 5.4

total 1639 10 TDS

2005 (6-10)

Westbrook 617 4.0

Moats 278 5.1

3 others - ~400

total 1432 11 TDS

PATS

2001 - Antowan Smith 1157 yards; 92 yrds on 18 carries in SB. 19 yrd scamper on final drive to ice game and bleed clock.

Antowan 982 in 15 games

Faulk 271 yrds 5.2 avg

Antowan 642

Faulk 638

Cloud 5 TDS

Dillon ~1650

Faulk 255

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

these teams were certainly at the very very least adequate in the runnig dept...

Buffalo 24

Jets 13

I do not think the jets will be able to stop the Bills offense and Pennington will hit the turf on more than one occasion. I hope he stays healthy for the mere fact that I want you guys to hand it to Miami. Should be a hard fought game as it usually is between the two clubs but it is Buffalo's opener. If Coles is out then it won't even be a game, I tell you what that guy has been surprising so far.

I had to double check to see if I was logged into Jetnation.

I couldn't believe there was an intelligent conversation with fans from

another team.

It wasn't the usual inane, childish posts that you usually get from

fans of a certain team.

Max, how did you let this happen. There was no controversey.

You must be slipping.

That's because they are Bills fans and not Patsie fans.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3291

"Hopefully he'll remember me when I see him. It was a one-time thing through a mutual friend, and when I got the opportunity I said, 'Yeah, I'll go play golf with Brett Favre.' He invited me to the house for me to pick him up, so we went to the house for a little bit and there he was, with his tight little shorts, no shirt, with his little red hat, and he was doing some farming or something because he was covered in dirt. It was awesome, man." - J.P. Losman talking about his visit with Brett Favre.

queerasa3dollarbillex1.jpg

all week I've been saying use the pass to open up the run and get a fast lead-play with the urgency we played with in the 2nd half against NE and take away the running game that way,forcing Losman to try and beat us and we can win the game-no easy task though granted...

all week I've been saying use the pass to open up the run and get a fast lead -play with the urgency we played with in the 2nd half against NE and take away the running game that way,forcing Losman to try and beat us and we can win the game-no easy task though granted...

It would be nice to break the pattern and score some points in the first quarter this week.

:frown:

IIRC we scored 13 in the second q at tenn, but still havent scored any first q points this season.

Yep. Haven't scored a 1st quarter td in like 16 weeks. Still, we scored first against Tenn, but couldn't hold the lead. Can't call the Tenn getting back in it a fluke if we want yell at Tex for saying it to us. For our D it's important not to fall too far behind (poor run D) but it's tough for our O to kill clock (poor run O). Obviously, it would be nice to fix this.

Yep. Haven't scored a 1st quarter td in like 16 weeks. Still, we scored first against Tenn, but couldn't hold the lead. Can't call the Tenn getting back in it a fluke if we want yell at Tex for saying it to us. For our D it's important not to fall too far behind (poor run D) but it's tough for our O to kill clock (poor run O). Obviously, it would be nice to fix this.

this CS isn't so stupid to think they can come out in a slugfest against the Buffalo Bills at home Dom-If I can figure it out you gotta know Mangini and Schott can-maybe Herm wouldn't have been able to, but that's a different era.I say we come out smoking and throwing Sunday...

this CS isn't so stupid to think they can come out in a slugfest against the Buffalo Bills at home Dom-If I can figure it out you gotta know Mangini and Schott can-maybe Herm wouldn't have been able to, but that's a different era.I say we come out smoking and throwing Sunday...

I don't think they are stupid. Most coaches try to score more points than the other team. Except for Herm.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3291

"Hopefully he'll remember me when I see him. It was a one-time thing through a mutual friend, and when I got the opportunity I said, 'Yeah, I'll go play golf with Brett Favre.' He invited me to the house for me to pick him up, so we went to the house for a little bit and there he was, with his tight little shorts, no shirt, with his little red hat, and he was doing some farming or something because he was covered in dirt. It was awesome, man." - J.P. Losman talking about his visit with Brett Favre.

queerasa3dollarbillex1.jpg

I'm sure that quote is a little ou of context, but MAN, that is the gayest thing I have ever heard! Did Losman really say "tight little shorts"???

That $3 jersey is pretty classic, I got a good chuckle out of that.

Losman & the Favre comment is kind of old, the Holcombmaniacs on the Buffalo Range had a field day with that. My question is, why does that make Losman gay? Wouldn't logic dictate that Favre is kind of gay for going all Brokeback Farmer in the short shorts?

Losman & the Favre comment is kind of old, the Holcombmaniacs on the Buffalo Range had a field day with that. My question is, why does that make Losman gay? Wouldn't logic dictate that Favre is kind of gay for going all Brokeback Farmer in the short shorts?

no, i would say it makes losman gay because he is the one who noticed and then brought it up in that way.

I think that's a legit point, maybe Favre wanted to get a rouse out of Losman. But just remember, it takes two baby!

There are Holcombmaniacs? And we thought Jetstone was gay...

Archived