OK I'm saying it now..we will upset Indianapolis

SoFlaJets

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You call that a 3-4 defense? I'm just hoping we stay competitive. It's too early in the year to shock the football world.

we'll make believers out of you younger cats soon enough-you guys have seen too much negative stuff and are programmed to feel like failure is the only option-just keep watching

This is stupid. Did you see that wind? How did Losman do with the wind at his back?

It is the final score that matters. Nothing else. As long as the Jets win I am happy.**

** Unless of course they won because of the tuck rule. That would just be embarassing.

POTW nom

we'll make believers out of you younger cats soon enough-you guys have seen too much negative stuff and are programmed to feel like failure is the only option-just keep watching

How f'n old are you that you call me a "younger cat?" I don't feel negatively about the team of the D, but you have to admit that this 3-4 is a work in progress. It hasn't exactly reached the pinnacle of 3-4 Ds at this point of the season, has it?

How f'n old are you that you call me a "younger cat?" I don't feel negatively about the team of the D, but you have to admit that this 3-4 is a work in progress. It hasn't exactly reached the pinnacle of 3-4 Ds at this point of the season, has it?

old enough to have seen a LOT of teams turn it around in a year-oh yea and a Jets SB3 victory....

old enough to have seen a LOT of teams turn it around in a year-oh yea and a Jets SB3 victory....

Wow, that's old! ;)

I'm that old too, though I'm a little young to remember watching the Super Bowl, I remember being there for Joe Willy and Little Eddie Bell against the Colts. I'm very happy with the '06 Jets. They look much better than I expected, but I have been watching a playoff team. Hopefully they will continue to prove me wrong.

Wow, that's old! ;)

I'm that old too, though I'm a little young to remember watching the Super Bowl, I remember being there for Joe Willy and Little Eddie Bell against the Colts. I'm very happy with the '06 Jets. They look much better than I expected, but I have been watching a playoff team. Hopefully they will continue to prove me wrong.

did you happen to see Namath's best game against Baltimore 27?The 496 yard 6 TD effort? THAT was fun to watch and something I'll never forget..

And the Jets played one good team in the first 3 weeks.

And they lost (as usual).

It will be no different next Sunday.

The Jets just can not beat one of the elite teams in the NFL.

and who have the Patriots beat???

Tex..the colts are a finesse team..when the colts along with their redneck QB get smacked around a little bit..they dont seem to do as well

and who have the Patriots beat???

Tex..the colts are a finesse team..when the colts along with their redneck QB get smacked around a little bit..they dont seem to do as well

don't worry BP,after we win next week it'll be Tex's contention that Indy was overrated all along

did you happen to see Namath's best game against Baltimore 27?The 496 yard 6 TD effort? THAT was fun to watch and something I'll never forget..

I was five. I saw the Jets play the Colts at Shea in 1972. The 500 yard game was in Baltimore. I believe Little Eddie caught a tipped pass for a long td late in the 4th. I was 5 so maybe people tricked that memory into my head, but I have the stub.

I was five. I saw the Jets play the Colts at Shea in 1972. The 500 yard game was in Baltimore. I believe Little Eddie caught a tipped pass for a long td late in the 4th. I was 5 so maybe people tricked that memory into my head, but I have the stub.

34 years ago today....

This Date in NFL History

September 24, 1972 -- Joe Namath throws for 496 yards and six touchdowns as the New York Jets defeat Baltimore 44-34. Colts quarterback Johnny Unitas contributes 376 yards as the teams combine for a record 872 passing yards.

I have had the feeling that will win this game ALL off-season. Seriously.

Unfortunately, I really don't feel that way now. I was expecting the team to face Indy at 1-2 or 0-3, then completely catch the Colts off guard.

They will be ready for us now, make no mistake about it. Should be a good game, I hope.

Nah, we played 3 mediocre teams so far, winning 2 and losing one. Just to look at how the mediocre teams did against other teams:

Bills (1-2): We beat them by 8, Patsies beat them by 2. They beat Miami by 10, which is theur only win.

Titans (0-3): We beat them easily, they got destroyed by the Chargers, just barely lose to the fins.

Miami (1-2): Lost to the Bills by 10, only win is against a Titans team the Jets beat handily. Fins struggle for that win.

Pats (2-1): Beat us by a TD, beat a team we beat by more than a TD by 2 points in a struggle, whose only win in turn was to a team we beat easily, and they only won by a FG in a struggle (Miami)

The Pats are done, we'll get em in the second game of the season. The AFC East crown is up for the taking. The Patsies aren't going anywhere this year. 10 games probably wins this division, 11 to be safe.

Oh and to comment on beating the Colts, as I said somewhere else, just convince small time that it's a big game, and he will choke. He thought the game against the Giants was a big game from all the media hype, so he played below his normal numbers. Maybe we can bribe the media to play up 41-0 a lot, and talk about Chad's comeback.

When teams have a reputation as being a pushover you can surprise people early in the game. If we can cause some turnovers on defense early in the game I think it would give us a shot. But we can't stop the Colts offense we can only hope to contain them. There is no chance we can hang with them if we get into a shootout.

If I wasn't drinking the kool-aid I would say we had no shot in hell though. Buffalo is a tough team to play but they are still a far cry from being a contender. The late comeback attempt vs NE was encouraging but to be honest the Pats haven't impressed me at all this season. It seems like BB let one too many pieces of the puzzle slip away this year in the offseason and he doesn't really have the players or personnel he had at his disposal in the past.

contrary to what every single person is going to predict-I feel a season like 2002-Chad outplayed him then and will again...watch

Our defense is still one year away from being able to stop the Colts' offense. Manning's entire game is based on audibles, creating mismatches and throwing defense off-kilter. A defense that can make the right adjustments to Manning's audibles will always shut him down or at least contain. Which is why come January he almost never wins.

I have to agree with you, Tx. The Jets just aren't ready for an elite team yet.

Then again, they haven't played against an elite team yet, either. ;)

Well... we were six point underdog's against the Bills who were going to crush us with their powerful running game. And we found a way through forcing turnovers to avoid letting 328 passing yards take us down. On paper and in reality the Colts are a better football team. With the new and improved Chad - coming back from chasing 14 isn't the impossibility it used to be. While we are at least a season away from a strong running game and a power D - Mangini and Co. are doing a pretty damn good putty job in finding a way to win through preparation. I'm sure not going to count us out against anybody. Go Jets!

Archived