OK I'm saying it now..we will upset Indianapolis

SoFlaJets

Two road games and two wins- that is one of the things I am most impressed with. Hanging in there in a tough environment and finding the way to win.

I think the Jets match up better with Jaguars in that their offense is not as intimidating to play with. The Colts you have to physically dominate them and our lines are not that capable to do that up front- maybe I am wrong as usual.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to agree with you, Tx. The Jets just aren't ready for an elite team yet.

Then again, they haven't played against an elite team yet, either. ;)

True. And that far from elite team that was emaculated on TV last night was kicking your ass.

This game is a bad match-up for the Jets. Unless, the Curse of Herm is over and the Jets discover a running game, the Jets will have a hard time staying with the Colts. They do not have the O or D. The only chance the Jets have is if they win the turnover battle decisively.

who's the HC of Indy? Oh yea Tony Dungee....that gives us a real shot and we're at home-if you guys make as much noise as you did last Sunday Manning's shenanigans won't be as effective...their offense didn't look like a juggernaut yesterday-we will shock the experts and beat INDY!!!!!!

who's the HC of Indy? Oh yea Tony Dungee....that gives us a real shot and we're at home-if you guys make as much noise as you did last Sunday Manning's shenanigans won't be as effective...their offense didn't look like a juggernaut yesterday-we will shock the experts and beat INDY!!!!!!

I love your spirit - I will be there yelling for our Jets.

As much as I would like to buy in I just don't see it happening.

If you don't put pressure on Manning he will pick you apart and we just don't have the bodies up front to do that. I fear he is going to have a field day with our lack of pressure.

I hope I am wrong.

As much as I would like to buy in I just don't see it happening.

If you don't put pressure on Manning he will pick you apart and we just don't have the bodies up front to do that. I fear he is going to have a field day with our lack of pressure.

I hope I am wrong.

all they have to do is move the pile out of the pocket-flush him out and make him uncomfortable-attack from the flanks-one side one play and then the other

this is a game where Chad shows that HE should be rated right up there with the "great" Manning brothers-Chad is just as good at play action as Manning and SMARTER in reading defenses-our WR corps is just a notch below theirs right now and Indy's running game is almosyt as BAD as ours has been-and,again,Tony Dungee is Herman Edwards' buddy boy and CAN be beaten by Mangini-he's proved it

Noise doesn't bother Manning. They have the silent count down to a science.

Its going to take a gigantic effort by the defense to keep us in the game.

Chad has to have another error free game.

we have a real shot at beating indy based on what i've seen of both teams so far. Chad has played well in 3 games and the 4th will be no different. we are well conditioned & will play all 4 quarters. Sure we'll bend & give up points but a mistake free creative offense will keep us in the game. nugent needs to be perfect. We have a realistic shot at beating indy. I'm looking forward to seeing how chad handles the offense and shows once again this week that he is a top qb in this league.

This game will come down to our Db's and our safeties they are the only one's that can stop their Wr's .The colts run game doesn't scare me it's the air show .If can get a little run game going we might beat them ,they really don't stop the run to well .Are only chance is our D and our running game (that we really don't have) but we need to find it ....Quick.Then and only then we have a shot to beat these guys.I want some kool-aid but my gut says don't drink it.

And the Jets played one good team in the first 3 weeks.

And they lost (as usual).

It will be no different next Sunday.

The Jets just can not beat one of the elite teams in the NFL.

lets see...the jets played the bills BETTER than the pats did and its not like the jets rolled over for the pats...

but, i forgot, the pats aren't an elite team yet, so they haven't even had the chance to beat one yet.

all i know is man it is EXCITING to have a team that can actually score more than 13 points a game. one thing is for certain: our chances under herm to win this sunday would be 0%. the JETS are not pushovers, they have a chance to win every game. amazing what a real coach can do.

**** YOU HERM.

On the last day of the 2005 season, imagine the stupidity of the comment:

In 2006 the Jets will have a better offense than the Chiefs.

Chad is just as good at play action as Manning and SMARTER in reading defenses-our WR corps is just a notch below theirs right now.

That is absolutely ridiculous.

PennyBoy is nowhere near the QB that Manning is.

And the Jets WR's "just a notch below" the Colts?:eek:

Talk about living in a fantasy world.

I love this fantasy world.

Same world where the "rebuilding" Jets are sitting up with the "awesome" Pats at the top of the AFC East.

This world has Chad back and throwing great.

This world has our WR core making game changing plays.

This world shows our defense being opportunistic and stopping the the opposing offense.

Nice world.

Worry not little TX, someone will help you up when you are down.

BZ

I love this fantasy world.

Same world where the "rebuilding" Jets are sitting up with the "awesome" Pats at the top of the AFC East.

This world has Chad back and throwing great.

This world has our WR core making game changing plays.

This world shows our defense being opportunistic and stopping the the opposing offense.

Nice world.

Worry not little TX, someone will help you up when you are down.

BZ

Hey BZ, since when is the NFL season 3 games long?

They play 16 games for a reason.

we have a real shot at beating indy based on what i've seen of both teams so far. Chad has played well in 3 games and the 4th will be no different. we are well conditioned & will play all 4 quarters. Sure we'll bend & give up points but a mistake free creative offense will keep us in the game. nugent needs to be perfect. We have a realistic shot at beating indy. I'm looking forward to seeing how chad handles the offense and shows once again this week that he is a top qb in this league.

I'm not so sure. Watching Roscoe Parrish run for that TD, I shudder at what Manning and Co. might do. The good news is that with Mangini, I'm also actually kind of looking forward to seeing what kind of tricks he might have up his sleeve.

hey tex you should really go back over to Jets Insider your bullshiit will fly much better over there-you have a lot of the (un)faithful actually buying into your spin-it ain't working here lately-calling people names fits in better with the younger crowd

Only way we win this game is we need to get more of a blitzing attack / pressure on Manning then just Kerry Rhodes, who, has the only sacks of any Jet in the past two games. We also need to do a good job of controlling the clock & winning the field position battle and making virtually no mistakes. It's going to be really tough.

i think this game will depend alot on mangini and sutton being able to use vilma hobson and rhodes the same way the patsys use their LB's and the way the chargers used merriman in games vs manning to try to give him lots of different looks. we should be able to move the ball vs their D and more importantly RUN vs their front 7.

i think this game will depend alot on mangini and sutton being able to use vilma hobson and rhodes the same way the patsys use their LB's and the way the chargers used merriman in games vs manning to try to give him lots of different looks. we should be able to move the ball vs their D and more importantly RUN vs their front 7.

We don't have the front 3 that Pats have and we don't have the fastest bigest meanest MUFU OLB in the league to do what the Chargers did.

We have to hang with them on O and look to confuse Manning with our secondary and get a mistake. We are not going to physically take him out of his comfort zone like SD and NE can we have to do it with a little more finesse.

We don't have the front 3 that Pats have and we don't have the fastest bigest meanest MUFU OLB in the league to do what the Chargers did.

We have to hang with them on O and look to confuse Manning with our secondary and get a mistake. We are not going to physically take him out of his comfort zone like SD and NE can we have to do it with a little more finesse.

NE's front 3 didn't get to manning. they got coverage sacks from LB's like mcginnist because he didn't know where the blitz was coming from.

Beat them at their own game?

NE's front 3 didn't get to manning. they got coverage sacks from LB's like mcginnist because he didn't know where the blitz was coming from.

I agree the key is confussing him with coverage. Against NE he often had all day to throw. He was simply confused by the secondary. I think the idea that we can pressure him into mistakes is rarely going to happen. I think we need to confuse him with coverage and be very aggresive on O. The Pats linebackers are much better both in coverage and on the blitz than we are currently. I think we are going to be in a nickle package all day against them and the pressure on blitz will come from the safties not the LB's and it will be very selective.

You're completely right tx. Penny is on a much higher level. Penny can actually win playoff games, and can make plays when his line doesn't keep everyone off of him for 7 seconds. If Penny was on the Colts the past 5 years, they'd probably have atleast 3 championships by now.

Archived