OFFICIAL YANKEES vs. TIGERS THREAD - GAME 3

The Gun Of Bavaria

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Leyland is taking Torre to Coaching 101
Seems sombody does every year right abnout the time the leaves turn for the last 6 years. If they don't turn this around SOON, the teflon isn't going to hold. There's no excuses at all.

Not hard to do when pack your lineup with nothing but sluggers who can't move runners over.

Small Ball never works it has nothing to do with that. it has to do with the yankee hitters gagging it up and not hitting the way they did during the season vs pitchers they should kill.

Leyland is taking Torre to Coaching 101

We got to the postseason by playing small-ball and without this "great" lineup... Now we've got a line-up "without an easy out" and we're letting them play all-star-ball, and look how dominant we are.

**** Joe Torre. This is the final straw. He had the option to play small ball with a balanced line-up this year and he didn't. Joe Torre blew it, he broke my heart, and the only thing I'll be able to take from this is the ability to tell all the "this is the best line-up ever" *******s "I told you so." (But they still won't believe me -- they'll blame ARod and move on).

So you don't think it JUST might be that Rogers is pitching the game of his life. Just a complete gag job.

Here is a newsflash for you.

Good pitching beats good hitting.

You win titles with P-I-T-C-H-I-N-G.

The Tigers are outpitching the Yankees and doing all the little things that the Yankees can't do (or won't do right now).

Small Ball never works it has nothing to do with that. it has to do with the yankee hitters gagging it up and not hitting the way they did during the season vs pitchers they should kill.

You rode the short bus to school didn't you? Why do you think the Angels always beat us? They play small ball and have good pitching. Small ball is how you MANUFACTURE runs. A "power" hitter hits 35-ish Dingers in 162 games -- YOU CANNOT rely on the long ball -- not in the post season, you get 5 games, not 7, and not 162. Small ball can create runs every game.

The only thing that will make me more nauseous than watching this game is reading GOB's suddenly gloating posts. I think I just threw up in my mouth.

Yeah. Didnt he say the tigers were gonna be swept?

Dont worry. Yankees win tomorrow and on Sunday. GOB will shutup soon enuff! :)

So you don't think it JUST might be that Rogers is pitching the game of his life. Just a complete gag job.

Here is a newsflash for you.

Good pitching beats good hitting.

You win titles with P-I-T-C-H-I-N-G.

The Tigers are outpitching the Yankees and doing all the little things that the Yankees can't do (or won't do right now).

Agree and the series is far from over. Even if they go down 2-1 the Yanks are the favorite in this series. Great job by Rogers tonight though....never seen him so amped.

Agree and the series is far from over. Even if they go down 2-1 the Yanks are the favorite in this series. Great job by Rogers tonight though....never seen him so amped.

I have zero confidence in Jaret Wright.

Unless the Yanks bomb Bonderman early this series will most likely be over tommorow.

That is why losing that game yesterday bothered me. They had the Tigers on the ropes and they let them off. Not only did they let them off they gave them something that championship teams need.

Belief in themselves

Belief is something the Tigers completely lost after blowing the division.

When you have a team in trouble you go for the kill. The Yanks didn't and now they are in huge trouble.

Bonderman, A team that believes they can do it and a city united in one cause.

I will not be shocked if this ends tommorow.

This is not about that choking piece of crap. This is about the yankees GAGGING for the 5th year in a row vs a team they should beat.

Agreed. OOH Homerun Tigers, AS-I-TYPE-THIS.

This team has broken my heart every year. PLEASE SELL THE TEAM. PLEASE FIRE CASHMAN. PLEASE RETIRE TO COOPERSTOWN, TORRE.

I want a REAL GM who understands baseball, and a REAL manager (Joe Girardi???). I don't care if we make the playoffs next year. REBUILD. I Promise, if the Yankees make a friggin effort to go back to 96-00 baseball, I will be happy. I thought we got there this year during Melky-mania, with our power-depleted line-up that CREATED scoring opportunities.

They'll probably just trade Melky, Cano and Wang for a busted-up old NL pitcher and a "Power Hitter."

This team has broken my heart every year. PLEASE SELL THE TEAM. PLEASE FIRE CASHMAN. PLEASE RETIRE TO COOPERSTOWN, TORRE.

I want a REAL GM who understands baseball, and a REAL manager (Joe Girardi???). I don't care if we make the playoffs next year. REBUILD. I Promise, if the Yankees make a friggin effort to go back to 96-00 baseball, I will be happy. I thought we got there this year during Melky-mania, with our power-depleted line-up that CREATED scoring opportunities.

They'll probably just trade Melky, Cano and Wang for a busted-up old NL pitcher and a "Power Hitter."

This is just a friggin obnoxious report. Blame the owner and GM for putting the best lineup ever on the field? Fire the manager for not getting the hits in the clutch? I'm sorry that Torre didn't quell your hard-on by putting Cabrera in the lineup, but this isn't on him.

PS- Darrell Adams got cut. And he was a huge dick.

This is not cashman's fault. he's trying to build a core of young players like we had in the 90's and he will clear houe of alot of these gaggers after the season.

This is just a friggin obnoxious report. Blame the owner and GM for putting the best lineup ever on the field? Fire the manager for not getting the hits in the clutch? I'm sorry that Torre didn't quell your hard-on by putting Cabrera in the lineup, but this isn't on him.

PS- Darrell Adams got cut. And he was a huge dick.

Best lineup ever? Based on what? The fact that they're choking? Fire the manager for not making any adjustments -- for not playing small-ball. I don't care WHO you put on the field, those players need to MAKE things happen, and the Manager is responsible for that. I'm looking at a lineup that IS NOT getting things done. Abreu bunted twice -- foul. These are the little things that win ballgames, the Manager and coaches are supposed to get the team READY to do them, and TELL them to execute on those.

This is not cashman's fault. he's trying to build a core of young players like we had in the 90's and he will clear houe of alot of these gaggers after the season.

I hope so, but I just don't see it happening. Sheffield is probably gone, but that's it, really. Our Farm system is better now, but we're not really going to use it because every position is still blocked by "veterans" who Joe Torre will always give preference to.

If we can't beat the TIGERS (who we beat 5 games to 2) in the reg. season, then we're doing something wrong.

I dunno, maybe it isn't Cashman's fault, but this franchise needs a serious change of mentality. We had the right formula for a while this season, but we lost it at the end. Most fans (80, this is you) put the emphasis on a player's individual achievements, but that's not what wins ballgames. TEAMS win games.

You're half right. We could really use Willie. I'm not down on Cashman.

Torre? WTF, Joe? Did you sleep through the second half of the season?

Um. Ok, I don't want Willie. Willie = Torre. Give me Joe Girardi -- I don't want Torre to be fired, he doesn't deserve that, but he needs to step down and let Girardi get the job.

Um. Ok, I don't want Willie. Willie = Torre. Give me Joe Girardi -- I don't want Torre to be fired, he doesn't deserve that, but he needs to step down and let Girardi get the job.

This has NOTHING to do with either cashman or torre. this is about a bunch of GAGGING players. PERIOD. Cashman built the best team in baseball. He can't go up there and make sure they don't choke.

You're half right. We could really use Willie. I'm not down on Cashman.

Torre? WTF, Joe? Did you sleep through the second half of the season?

Omar's been great for the Mets. He wouldnt be nearly as effective working for the Yanks.

Torre hasnt pushed the right buttons as he has done in the past.

Archived