4-3 feels pretty good

JetCane

This was a good win. It was as complete a game as the NYJ have played this season. Good gameplans and pretty solid execution.

Leon had a terrific game.

We had less penalties and less turnovers than they did.

Getting off to the good start today was a major improvement

The game should have been iced earlier, but it was chillin on ice at the two minute mark, which is definitely an improvement.

However, Kitna was 13-for-19 for 137 yards and two TDs in the fourth quarter...discuss.

Just back from the game- great to see us jump out to a lead in the first quarter (even though I missed that TD)

We still have a problem shutting down the other team in the 4th quarter but how can I complain about a win and 4 and 3 record- props to Mangini

the jets under mangini have shown the ability to prepare for every game (minus jax) and beat the teams they are supposed to beat - a novelty for the jets and something even parcells struggled with. if they continue to beat bad teams they are looking at 10-11 wins and a legit shot at the wild card.

It was nice seeing lots of penalty flags throw at the other team. Also was cool seeing the fake 4th down in the 4th qtr (acting like they were going for it). It caused the Lions to use a timeout which was a good move by Mangini.

If you are a Jets fan you are elated by the teams performance so far.

There are very few people that would have thought this team would be 4-3 and with a very good shot of making it 5-3 going into the break.

They have found a RB in Washington

You are seeing the emergence of Cotchery.

The offensive line is starting to come together as a group.

They are now beating teams that they should beat.

With all that though there is still alot this teams needs to improve.

Run D

4th qtr D has been awful basically since the New England game.

Just keep swinging. They are very quietly making strides.

Great game by the O, decent game for the D. Still a piss poor performance by the secondary in the passing game and Jones broke a few nice runs but for the most part I thought was held in check.

It wasnt so piss poor, although it was porous in the fourth quater.

I mentioned early in the week that the Lions had FIVE guys averaging 10+ yards per catch, and the Martz offensive schemes would prolly give the DBs fits if the Jets didnt get in Kitna's face.

Check out the stats- 5 guys averaged 10+ yds per catch today.

It went as expected imo, and on the bright side, they prevented Roy Williams from having a monster day, and they also took Hakim out of the game. There were brights spots for the DBs. They also tackled well, although Eric Smith looked horrible on the tackle he missed that went for big yardage. Dyson was a step behind on a TD, but that isht happens. It wasnt so bad overall as the Lions do have a potent offense.

I thought Hendu's squad would come in angrier- but I'm glad they didnt.

The biggest problem with the defense is not so much that they are giving up points in the fourth quarter, it's the fact that the yare giving up yardage in huge chunks, 20, 25, 30 yards at a time and tams are scoring in a hurry. It took Detroit 3 minutes to score thew last TD, that is the problem. They are getting hammered on the misdirection and the crossing routes,

Leon had a great day

Cotchery had a great day

Pennington did pretty well

D was ok, but still worried me in the 4th quarter

Having said this, 4-3 is good and we've already matched our win total of last season

One more and I'm completely satisfied with our season, and everything else will be gravy.

It went as expected imo, and on the bright side, they prevented Roy Williams from having a monster day, and they also took Hakim out of the game. There were brights spots for the DBs. They also tackled well, although Eric Smith looked horrible on the tackle he missed that went for big yardage. Dyson was a step behind on a TD, but that isht happens. It wasnt so bad overall as the Lions do have a potent offense.

Which one was Dyson was covering? I know it wasn't Furrey.

Which one was Dyson was covering? I know it wasn't Furrey.

Said safety Erik Coleman: "A lot of the times we were rolling the coverage to (Williams). Drew and Justin (Miller) did a great job of getting physical at the line to mess up their timing."

Williams caught a pass from Kitna midway through the second quarter for a 22-yard touchdown that cut the Lions' deficit to seven. He split Jets cornerback Andre Dyson and safety Erik Coleman on the play.

"They doubled me today, it was fun and challenging out there," said Williams, who had roughly eight to 10 balls thrown to him.

4-3 feels VERY good and it looks, once again, that the Pats are the team to beat.

BZ

No doubt, they are going all the way. But the Jets are making some inroads towards catching up with the elite teams. Beating the crappy teams is a good start.

How about Cotchery too.....What a nice replacement to Cherebet.....very similar.... small, tough over the middle catches, good routes..etc...very solid!!

you're way off here JH34 in your assessment and comparison between Chrebet and Cotchery-completely different receivers-the guy I'd compare Cotchery to the most would be Orande Gadsen-Tim Dwight now...that guy looks like the reincarnation of Wayne

Archived