wow we got scumbagged thx a lot NFL

ReginaldWalker

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
who cares, doesnt mean we would have won.

Who cares?

Are you a Jets fan?

We would've tied the game up right there, been back in the game, how can you as a Jets fan not care if we have a chance to win or not? that bad call cost us at least a chance to win it in OT.

I care and I bet every other jets fan cares!

We got robbed!

Who cares?

Are you a Jets fan?

We would've tied the game up right there, been back in the game, how can you as a Jets fan not care if we have a chance to win or not? that bad call cost us at least a chance to win it in OT.

I care and I bet every other jets fan cares!

We got robbed!

Ofcourse i care, im pissed..But Jets sucked today and it shouldnt have come down to that...

Was it a catch? I think it was but doesnt matter now..

The Jets played like crap.

However, the refs not reviewing that pass to Baker was complete and utter bullsh**!

When the refs make an onfield call that a player was forced out of bounds or not, it is not reveiwable through instant replay. If they ruled it a TD and that he was forced, they still would not have reviewed it in the booth. It was a horriblew onfield call, but it could not be reviewed upstairs.

Jets did play like crap, Droughns ran all over us all day, and that openedup their passing game, we had no pressure on Frye for three quarters until Miller scored and the Defense finally woke up some.

Chad looked horrible, his passes were all over the place, I never seen him throwing so bad.

But we were still in the game, we came back to be within a touchdown and we got it at the end, no doubt, yet the refs screwed us.

It should've at least been reviewed.

When the refs make an onfield call that a player was forced out of bounds or not, it is not reveiwable through instant replay. If they ruled it a TD and that he was forced, they still would not have reviewed it in the booth. It was a horriblew onfield call, but it could not be reviewed upstairs.

It should've at least been reviewed.

See my post above

There will be a lot of talk about that play. Not just local coverage, either. This one was pretty big.

2 Gigantic blown calls today. The first was the bull**** interference call against Miller at the beginning to the game. The second was the blatant bull**** call at the end with baker's TD.

It all doesn't matter. The reason we were in that situation was Pennington, and pennington alone. He sucked today. He had not thrown 5 decent passes in the whole game. I don't know what his friggan problem was today, but he single-handedly lost the game for us.

Either you're a champ or a chump.

Pennington needs to stop being a chump in games that are important.

Ofcourse i care, im pissed..But Jets sucked today and it shouldnt have come down to that...

Was it a catch? I think it was but doesnt matter now..

So now you say you care, you just said who cares?

I see a lot of care, I see quite a few fans who feel the same way, I think it was a bad call, no there is nothing anyone can do about it, but vent, and I can see therre will be plenty of venting about that call.

Yeah the Jets sucked, but to suck and still have a chance to win is a Hell of a lot better than to suck and get blown out.

We definitely need help on Defense, no pass rush at all, Frye should not have had all that time to throw on us.

There will be a lot of talk about that play. Not just local coverage, either. This one was pretty big.

Honestly I doubt it. ESPN has hardly covered anytrhing about the Jets at all. In fact, Sportscenter didn't even mention our win against MIA a few weeks back. There was barely a blurb about DET last week. I'd be surprised if they even mention the play unless Mangini blows up about it in a post game press conference.

The call is not reviewable is what they said. The initial call was wrong in the first place.

I will be honest the Jets didn't deserve to win. They played like crap. BUT if a play of that magntitude isn't reviewable then let's just get rid of instant replay all together.

Seriously we can review fumbles in the 1st quarter even after a whistle has been blown and the players stop play running. Sure, that is reviewable, that makes perfect sense.

The last play of the game -- a catch -- when the player looked like he was definitely getting one foot down easily and at least had a shot at the second, that is not reviewable though.

What is the point then. Let's just get rid of review. The league is too damn cute for its own good. Tuck rules, was the ball moving in the guys hands as he went out of bounds and a whole host of other B.S. rules.

What happened to the game that we played as a kid? The NFL is more concerned with uniform violations. I am not saying it was a catch. I think it was. With no contact I think he gets both feet down. And ultimately it doesn't matter. If the Jets went 7 and 9 or 10 and 6 this year it isn't the point. This year has always been about NEXT year and beyond for the Jets.

But if a game deciding catch can't be reviewed then instant replay has no purpose what so ever.

I can say the same for the Browns, they didn't deserve to win, they outplayed us and couldn't put us away, we got back into the game and had a legit chance to win, the Browns did not beat the Jets, the Ref's bad call beat the Jets.

I agree with your last comment though Max, the play should be reviewable, it had a major consiquence on the outcome of the game and any play that has that kind of signifigence should be reviewable.

The call is not reviewable is what they said. The initial call was wrong in the first place.

The Jets played poorly, and the call isn't why they lost. But nobody explained why that wasn't reviewable or reviewed. Because we've seen a number of times in several games that they do in fact overrule the refs after a review of exactly that kind of play.Max is rigth; if that cannot be reviewed,there's no point to having a replay rule at all.

You're basically asking the refs to give us the game. If you don't want to put yourself in those situations, you don't throw ducks towards the sidelines on 4th down. You throw a pass somewhere in bounds and make sure there is no doubt. Asking the refs to bail us out is just as bad as them not giving us the call in the first place. This game shouldn't have gone down to that. We're 4-4, and that seems about right I guess. Enough with 1 cent, it's time to see what we have in Kellen Clemens.

The Jets played poorly, and the call isn't why they lost. But nobody explained why that wasn't reviewable or reviewed. Because we've seen a number of times in several games that they do in fact overrule the refs after a review of exactly that kind of play.
His feet did not touch inbounds in the end zone. The refs felt that he would not have come down in bounds had he not been forced out. That can't be reviewed by rule once the refs make that onfield call. Conversely, had the refs called it a TD on the field they would not have been able to review it. I'm not saying that the rule is correct, but it is the rule.

You're basically asking the refs to give us the game. If you don't want to put yourself in those situations, you don't throw ducks towards the sidelines on 4th down. You throw a pass somewhere in bounds and make sure there is no doubt. Asking the refs to bail us out is just as bad as them not giving us the call in the first place. This game shouldn't have gone down to that. We're 4-4, and that seems about right I guess. Enough with 1 cent, it's time to see what we have in Kellen Clemens.

Whether the call went our way or not, it should have been reviewed. If they had reviewed it and upheld the call, I would have thought it was bull****. But to not even review it? To not review a VERY close call that means the difference in the game either continuing or ending? I'm ****ing livid.

Anyone think this would happen to the Colts?

Whether the call went our way or not, it should have been reviewed. If they had reviewed it and upheld the call, I would have thought it was bull****. But to not even review it? To not review a VERY close call that means the difference in the game either continuing or ending? I'm ****ing livid.

Anyone think this would happen to the Colts?

As Boozer said, it's the rule. The Colts would have gotten the call on the field, and I have issues with the calls they get. But we're not going to get those calls automatically. I don't like whining over questionable calls, and that was definitely questionable. This is freaking Chris Baker here, not Jerry Rice.

It should never have gotten to a point where the Jets needed a refs call to tie the game. Good teams would get that call. The Jets are not a good team. Yet.

Both sides of the ball today, offense and defense were atrocious.

1) Why did the Jets insist on running to ball inside with 900lb Ted Washington in the middle ? Very little of Leon running outside today.

2) The only reason the Jets were able to stop the run in the 4th qtr was that they were basically sending EVERYBODY. The D-Line continues to get blown off the ball play after play. For every play D-Rob made today (1 to be exact, he gets blown of the ball 63 times. Still better than Kimo who got blown off the ball 64 times today.

3) Schottenhiemer is getting too cute with Brad Smith. If I'm starting to get the feeling that when Smith is in the game that he is getting the ball just think what the opposing Defense is thinking.

Overall though if you told me this team was going to be 4-4 going into the break I would have signed for it right without even hesitating. It isn't going to get any better the next two weeks with the Pats and the Bears so right now we are just gonna have to sit back take our medicine and see what happens after that.

We sucked and Pennington was horrific but a poster named Josh has pretty good pics on the other site that looks like Baker gets in.

Tough loss.

Did he have control?

The reason I am asking in the Titans/Texans game, Drew Bennett caught a nice pass along the side line and appeared to have both feet in. He did not bobble it at all. The refs ruled he did not have both feet in. The only thing I can think of is their interpretation/belief on when he obtained control.

Look at the bright side, you can look forward to the NFL press release they blew the call.

I will be honest the Jets didn't deserve to win. They played like crap. BUT if a play of that magntitude isn't reviewable then let's just get rid of instant replay all together.

Seriously we can review fumbles in the 1st quarter even after a whistle has been blown and the players stop play running. Sure, that is reviewable, that makes perfect sense.

The last play of the game -- a catch -- when the player looked like he was definitely getting one foot down easily and at least had a shot at the second, that is not reviewable though.

What is the point then. Let's just get rid of review. The league is too damn cute for its own good. Tuck rules, was the ball moving in the guys hands as he went out of bounds and a whole host of other B.S. rules.

What happened to the game that we played as a kid? The NFL is more concerned with uniform violations. I am not saying it was a catch. I think it was. With no contact I think he gets both feet down. And ultimately it doesn't matter. If the Jets went 7 and 9 or 10 and 6 this year it isn't the point. This year has always been about NEXT year and beyond for the Jets.

But if a game deciding catch can't be reviewed then instant replay has no purpose what so ever.

I agree with all of what you wrote. Personally, I think they should get rid of instant replay and get full time refs. Replayable calls come down to whether they are judgement calls or what I call factual calls. Just like PI, this call is a judgement call - ask 10 refs and get 5 say yes, 5 say no. Not sure how you can review those type plays.

I think the call was a bad one on the field. Jets played lousy, no doubt, but calls on critical plays like that are being blown week in and week out.

PS - the other thing that will suck is that the Jets will probably get a nice appology letter from the NFL saying the wrong call was made ....

Did he have control?

The reason I am asking in the Titans/Texans game, Drew Bennett caught a nice pass along the side line and appeared to have both feet in. He did not bobble it at all. The refs ruled he did not have both feet in. The only thing I can think of is their interpretation/belief on when he obtained control.

Look at the bright side, you can look forward to the NFL press release they blew the call.

I think you will have to look at the highlights tonight and judge for yourself.

My opinion; he would have easily gotten the first foot in. The second, would have been too close to call cause he got blasted once he had the ball.

Tough call. I think most people are upset that they didn't even look at it upstairs. From what it looks like Magini was told was that on a play like that they CAN'T look at it from upstairs which makes no sense to me at all.

It shouldn't have come to that though. They played like crap today and deserved the L.

Archived